It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you think you are?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The superiority complex another great illusion.

Is it really a complex? Not really, you get yourself some expensive clothes,cars and houses. Expensive educations and you believe, believe, believe you are superior. There are many version of this basic belief. Like an actor you just walk on stage and believe you are superior, it is all a great pretense. There is a saying in Spanish, “you can dress a monkey in expensive and beautiful clothes but the monkey will always be a monkey.” There is an element of truth there, but when I look at this complex I say it is not true. It's really is laughable, but those who have been given the inferiority complex have been trained to respect, to bow down. I say laugh! Bring it down to the ground, it is the kindest act one could do. Don’t be angry, don’t be sad but laugh at it. Laugh at the whole show of masters and servants and at the same time destroy. The only way is the way of disbelief, you are neither superior or inferior. We all just are.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The more it matters to someone then the more I tend to think to myself - who are you trying to convince ??

Me or yourself ??

It's a nonsense,It doesn't matter how hard n tough you believe you are theres always someone around the corner who can knock you on your ar&e.Even the Queen has to go to the toilet and take a dump.

Strip down the clothes,trinkets,affectations and we're all pretty much the same in the end of the day.

The one thing that does tend to reinforce peoples complexes is education as that gives you the ability to express and articulate yourself to a degree better than someone uneducated.It doesn't prove much beyond that but does give the educated one a genuine feeling of superiority and convince the uneducated of that superiority.It's a matter of vocabulary not intelligence but many people will see it as an indicator of superior intelligence.

In the end of the day aslong as you yourself aren't prey to the complexes society throws up there's not much more you can do but try to make others see it too.You have to see life as a level playing field for yourself though.

Being told it is is rarely a convincing arguement

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

You have to see life as a level playing field for yourself though. Being told it is is rarely a convincing arguement
reply to post by fastbob72

To make it a level playing field is a noble activity which we can all partake in if we feel its worthy. Welcome to the level playing field, it always been around but you may have to drop a bit to fine the true ground.great reply and addition to the original post.

join