It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE ULTIMATE TIME TRAVEL VEHICLE (?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Sorry to get you excited, but it's not a thread about any particular kind of new time travel vehicle or anything.

Long story short, I am making a time travel story (manga) and I need opinions.

I need some kind of vehicle or device that could be converted into a time machine, like the Delorean from Back to the Future, or the Tardis from Doctor Who.

It could be anything. Tell me what you think the ideal thing, vehicle wise or otherwise, would be to convert to a time machine. I'm having a major mental block, and can't think properly.

What would be the best thing to make into a time machine?

And why?

EDIT; Also, what's a good name for an original time machine? I'm looking for individual opinions on this stuff because if I end up watching a movie or reading a book, I'll get attached to the storyline and want to steal it. I hate when that happens.

A name?

EDIT AGAIN; And also, I need to think of some cool, creative way that the machine works. What kind of power source it has, ect. I know I'm asking a lot, but I haven't made any changes to any of my stories for a while because I haven't had time to work on em.

What are yall's time machine ideas?

Any ideas...?
edit on 13-10-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Ever watch Reboot?

Enzo's disk thingy he flies around on.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Never seen it, I'll look it up.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
An old space shuttle capsule that was hit with "cosmic energy" or something before it went into re-entry. You could even do a backstory where the astronaut piloting it disappeared and it was a bunch of treasure hunters that found it or something and sold it on the black market to some rich science fellow.

Seems like an alright idea...

To elaborate, the capsule could have been hit by a "temporal rift"

tempiral rift in Star Trek

Something like a tachyon burst (tachyons in fiction)

and because of the capsule being bombarded it has a certain amount of energy left that can let it travel through time. You could also write in some kind of mechanism that lets it recharge so it can continue travelling...
edit on 13-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
First off it's awesome that you are making a manga! I wish I could draw better because I love, love, love manga but my stick figures will not do lol.

Do you have your heart set on it being an actual vehicle of sorts? I was thinking it would be cool if it was some sort of bracelet which the character would put on and input the date they wanted to travel too into some sort of control panel. That's just an idea, probably not a good one but oh well lol. Hmm, whatever you decide let us know! Will you be publishing it when it's done, like a webcomic or anything?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Pretty cool idea. I googled what a space shuttle capsule looks like, looks like something that would make a pretty bad ass time machine. I've never really done sci-fi stuff before...

That would fit in with the story pretty well, too. The inventor of the time machine is a scientist who was basically the engineer of the third world war. He lives with an orphan that he raised, who's basically his daughter. He's a mad scientist, and an inventor, and the two of them live in the aftermath of the world after the great third world war (imagine the world like Fallout New Vegas).

Thank you for your input, I'm seriously considering it

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Marble with ancient scripts and buttons. Or a bathtub ( aah its allready used )

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Thank you

Another inventor in the story, a mysterious guy named Steven who follows the other main characters around, has a time travel device like that. It fits on his wrist, and he can leap through time with it.

I wanted Doc and Taizela (the main characters, the scientist and his genetically modified adopted daughter) to have more of a vehicle-like time machine rather than a wrist machine.

Thanks for your input, I'm totally starting to get my mind going again.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

I don't know if I can publish my stories. I draw them with regular pencils, pens and black sharpies. The words are written in hand writing, I don't use a computer for anything. Not sure if I'm good enough or not.

I wanted to learn how to use my scanner so I can post em online and get opinions.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I remember a BBC kids programme where the main character had a pocket watch.

All he did was stop the clock to freeze time but I've often imagined the countless hours you would have to wind to go back in time.

A time machine is cooler though. As someone above mentioned a 'device on the wrist' then Google Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who.
He had a similar device.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Well I'm glad we can at least help to get the ideas flowing again. I'm seriously at a loss for an actual vehicle - probably in the middle of the night an idea will come to me when I'm too lazy to get online LOL that's the way it usually is for me!

I think it would be cool if you could scan them and put them on an art site or something! I would definitely check them out and I'm sure others would too! From what you've wrote the storyline sounds pretty awesome - Plus on an art type site you could ask for and get constructive feedback to help you out. I know you can get those tablets to make them digitally but I would be the last person to give advice on those lol - no one needs my stick figures to go digital

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Lol

I'll definitely post some stuff soon as possible. I'm gonna see if I can post a pic I drew, just to give everyone an idea about how I draw.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Padded cell number 9C.

They go in screaming, and are never seen again.

All those little soft buttons that hold the cushions to the walls are covered in tiny symbols. Madmen are the only ones in there long enough to learn how to use them.

First they scream, then there is silence, then they are reported missing.

Where do they go?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

An iPhone

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by timmhaines

make the iPhone allow a worm hole that is viewable through and can allow free passage by many till the iPhone is through or stopped. just a thought

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

being set by standards that are only in movies, as real time travel doesn't exist at that scale, let's say the phone can fold time, so close together you can see it. Have it use the current time frequency, and tune to the others, ha ha allowing the wormhole. To bad this can't really work, a time machine would be fun, I would go forward and get the next ten years lotto numbers and stock reports, lol

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Power it with a tesla wide band receiver.

top topics

join