It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonic Booms in SE Kansas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Look I know what I'm hearing.
I'm a Naval Reserve PA.
I've lived on bases where fighter jets break the speed of sound all the time.
But this is the first time I've heard sonic booms over the US.

my question is it just me or have others out there been hearing them as well?

BTW my husband a Marine officer. just heard one too, but with the cloud cover today we cant see a thing in the sky
edit on 13-10-2012 by SassyCass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm in the UK but would love to hear more about what you're experiencing.

I live about 5 miles from an RAF training base but can't claim to have ever heard any sonic booms!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Haven't heard anything in Middle TN. I am a bit of a distance away from you though.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Training mayhaps?

Any bases nearby?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by souljacker

I remember a long time reading about laws against super sonic aircraft breaking the sound barrier over populated areas. But a few years back I was stationed at the base in Diego Garcia. there naval supersonic training flights were common. and I remember how that sound always seems to be coming from three directions at once.

well anyway on and off today, those booms have been rattling our windows. we do have a storm rolling through but this sound is nothing like thunder. they started about 9 this morning the next one came around 11. we had three more one right on top of another while I was feeding the girls lunch and the last one about ten minutes ago

What makes it more off is there is no big bases anywhere near us?\havent a clue what's going on

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
As a kid, in the early 80's, I heard sonic booms all of the time in my little home town of Aztec, New Mexico.

No one had an answer for the "why's", and it didn't seem to bother anyone anytime a sonic boom hit.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
lets look at one of these three things

*meteors cause sonic booms.....if it was a meteor it would be posted here
lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.co.uk...
like this
"A loud sonic boom was heard over Zagora, Moroc towards the north inside morroco near Tighre. The fall happened on 12/10/2012 at ~4 am. Hunters are all over the mountains searching. "

*could be an engine

*or it could be a leaking nuclear facility

peace

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
www.revolvermaps.com...

this map shows latest reports..in an image....put it in 2d..and wait for the clusters to form...then look at the glowing hotspots

im seeing , carolina, michigan and florida....sorry i have no idea where kansas is
edit on 13-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm replying here because it's Kansas and aviation related.

I just heard two consecutive flyovers here in Lawrence, KS.

I am a graduate student (first year) and attended school here to complete my undergraduate degree.

During my original time here, it was always very quiet... but since I've been back, I've noticed a lot more aviation activity.

I am a navy brat, and love aviation. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard military jets flying over this morning.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCass

The USAF owns several blocks of airspace that they can do what they want in. One goes from Marietta to Huntsville to Knoxville, that they use for high speed flight tests. They do flight testing among other things in them. That particular corridor I mentioned was used for the F-22 flight tests, as well as P-3, C-130, and C-5 flight tests out of the Lockheed-Martin plant in Marietta.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We just heard these booms in Arizona city az. Sounded like a big boom, houses shook pretty bad. No explanation. Rite now best guess is a meteorite.

new topics

top topics

join