It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nipple problems

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm a guy before anyone takes that title in the wrong context.
I've had a constant nipple erection for at least three weeks,
shirts are uncomfortable and my single nipple piercing is standing
at an awkward 45 degree angle and pointing through my clothing in
rather noticable ways all the fecking time. WTF is wrong is wrong with me and can anyone give
dietary tips to help me stop feeling like i'm a big breasted b*tch

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Could be worse. In the first episode of NY Med, the guy had a constant erection he couldnt get rid of. Can you imagine going to a hospital in that condition?

I would suggest seeing a doctor...

edit on 13-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DelegateZero88

Not sure what would cause this, but to hide erect nipples you could always place band-aids over them. Simple girl trick.

Hope you find the answer soon......

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Is it the pierced nipple that is giving you trouble? Are both acting the same, or is it just one? How long have you had the piercing, and does it coincide with the trouble you are having?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Sounds like you could have an infection. Go see your doctor or go to an urgent care now. Real medical advice always trumps the internet.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I was worried about one of my nipples too ........... it looked different to the other three.....!

Sorry

Suggest a visit to Doc to re-assure you OP......... probably a nerve overly stimulated or something.....

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I agree, don't rely on internet advice. But here's one advice, don't get your nipples pierced.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I've had the piercing since my early teens and i'm in my mid twenties now, it's not
the piercing, and regarding the post below you, it's not an infection, I'm a very clean germophobe
. It's just... both of them. And really discomforting. I know i'm going to take alot of flak for this but it's getting pretty severely uncomfortable.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

If you are taking any medications check into the side effects of them. You would be suprised at the amount of them out there that have estrogen in them (female hormone) and will actually cause breast increases in men....Just throwing that out there because it actually happened to me!
edit on 13-10-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

A quick scan on mens health sites suggest it may be a dermatitis condition developing of which there are lotions available from pharmacies however in these instances, and as indicated above you must consult your GP first.

Have you recently changed your diet - ie; bodybuilding supplements etc - this is another cause.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well I do work in the medical field.

Typically in a woman what you described is cause by a hormonal imbalance or infection in the glands. rather common for us ladies, less so for you fellers.

My advice, just go see a doc, if it's something silly we can all have a good laugh, if not, best to catch bad things early.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
......Which begs the question....

Why does the male human have nipples anyway???

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I really appreciate the response, but it doesn't feel dermatological, I try to take good care
of my skin, it feels internal. I haven't taken any heavy medication in the last two years, if
it is an hormonal imballance , can anyone give me some ideas and advice on what I should cut out of my diet
and should include so I can look it up, a Doctor in my area isn't really an option right now.
edit on 13-10-2012 by DelegateZero88 because: poor spelling

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

This may seem trivial, but have you tried WebMD?

They do have a good section where you list symptoms and they'll tell you what the possibilities are.

Just a thought.

Or you can always call those free 1800 medical advice numbers. we have them here in Canada, called Telecare, where you can speak to a nurse..not sure about your area though.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I was going to say thats normal in a pierced nipple the one I have pierced has looked more out there since I had it done and I dont put a ring in it much anymore

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Could be -

Nothing
Breast Cancer
Infection
Enlarged Mammary Glands

Or they could just be rubbed raw from a shirt, that happens to me sometimes. It hurts, but it goes away soon, Use a antibiotic cream, bandaid, and forget about it. If it doesn't clear up soon, get checked out.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
just take the stupid thing out.
your problem will likely go away and also you won't have a pierced nipple anymore.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I realise it's a bit cowardly but I can't go to WebMD, I keep diagnosing myself with cancer,
ebola, the common flu, exotic forms of herpes and anything else they have to throw at me.
I've seen some fairly intelligent people on ATS and I was just hoping they would point me in the right direction.

(Hopefully not the direction my nipples are pointing at)
edit on 13-10-2012 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Honey, without you coming into the clinic I couldn't even begin to make a guess.
these things could be anything from exposure to a pesticide, allergic reaction to a laundry soap or more common fabric softener, or it could be something very serious like the start of thyroid disease.

Have you looked into a free clinic where you live? maybe you could ask the county if they have a roving Nurse practitioner. In this day and age there are alternatives to seeing a regular GP

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

Yeah, it's both of 'em. I'm sorry I mentioned the piercing now, it's not that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join