It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has alien-war weapons, says former government adviser

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Pew Pew Pew...

Yep, only the best anti-alien weapons for us! Can't wait for the new cake icer design to hit the shops.

Failing that it could do wonders for the DIY trade as a sealent applicator!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Liamoville

Sadly, people will eat this up as if this military is light years ahead of it's time.

I'm going off on a limb and saying Apple has tech that won't be seen for another decade. They just put it out a little bit at a time to make more money over a longer period of time.

If the Brits are ahead of the game ten to fifteen years, I wonder how far ahead the US is-- given the ridiculous military budget they have.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlanQaida
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

Hmm maybe they will kick off world war 3 then end it with an alien invasion, throw in a new religion and presto world peace. Haha!

With the Arabs being less than a worthy opponent ( Hitler and Russia were ) the Powers that be are becoming frustrated with the Peons ( us ) figuring them out so they have to talk up an even more fictitious enemy to justify the big spend on the Military.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hmm, if an alien species has the ability to come visit us...well, the good news is, it will be over quickly.

Most people can't even comprehend the amount of energy required to travel easily inside our solar system, let alone between systems or even galaxies.

The level of energy required to remove every human trace from Earth pales in comparison.

It, literally, would take you more energy (as a percentage of your total energy) to crush a single ant, than it would for that alien species to remove us.

The odds of any human military having weaponry that could change that is slightly worse than aliens landing tomorrow and saying "hello" on public tv.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Nick Pope reminds me of something out of a harry potter movie, I suppose that how infantile they see us.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Nick Pope really needs to get up to speed on this issue ,

have a look at Dr. Who sometime , read between the lines ,

then ask Gordon Brown what he knows ....

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
now we know the reason an alien space craft hasn't landed on the middle of the field during the superbowl.

they don't want to move the line in vegas.

it makes sense, creatures from another planet want to settle on earth, before we know it, we're speaking insect and working 16 hr shifts 6 days a week for our alien overlords.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Mr Pope said: "We do have several prototype aircraft and drones and other weapons you won't see on the news for another 10-15 years so if we did face a threat from the unknown then even if there is no Torchwood around now, there would be something like it by then and they certainly would have some great kit to help in the fight."

No shirt? Prototypes of new weapons and aircraft are underdevelopment??

Wow - thanks for telling us all that!!

Cavemen had weapons to fight aliens too...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
That's ridiculous, you can't prepare for the unknown.

I'm pretty sure alien civilizations exist that can wipe out every life form on this planet with the push of a button.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
nick pope is spewing this stuff cause he knows anymore crap he spews makes him money,,,,,,,,like the rest hes not in it for the truth...they all may have been at the start but now ££££££££s talk

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Nick pope..

That guy still ain't gave me a answer to my question.

Q: Why do aliens need lights on the craft/sapceship?

It seems kinda human to have lights on flying machines

I only say this because i have seen the infamous black triangle. and the three lights got to me the more i thought about it.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fisherr
Nick pope..

That guy still ain't gave me a answer to my question.

Q: Why do aliens need lights on the craft/sapceship?

It seems kinda human to have lights on flying machines

I only say this because i have seen the infamous black triangle. and the three lights got to me the more i thought about it.

It's the same thing really when you talk anecdotal. Nick Pope puts his money on Rendlesham, as his rationale for alien visitation, while at the same time talking about alien war weapons that the public don't actually know about as yet. Makes no sense, and from a man who's anecdotes were paper driven as per his job, he dealt with UFO reports. So why Rendlesham, when that incident could so easily have been the same secret British projects that he talks about, since it occurred in Britain.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I respect your standpoint, but you have to remember we live on 1 planet, in 1 solar system with billions/trillions more solar systems in our galaxy with more galaxys then people on this planet with POSSIBLY more then 1 universe... The odds of us being the only creatures in this "place" seem almost unrealistic

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Torchwood is an alien hunter group. It's fictional..but the reference is there.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great imagination with the home made laser blaster and of course the infamious Q-36, got me laughing remebering seeing that as a kid 40 years ago..

Course on the other hand, remeber all that SDI stuff president reagan had funded in the untold trillions of taxpayers dollars back in the middle 80's. I remeber also seeing a artist design of all the different weapons that were part of the SDI program. If you think about it even if only 1 of them was ever built and put into orbit. If its still working it could be re-tasked to point outwards, instead of pointing down twords the planet.

Yeah I know salt 1 & salt 2 treaty stipulates that no space based weapons platform will be designed and implimented between the US & the Soviet Union.etc, etc, etc.

But folks there isn't a soviet union anymore.

So My point is, who's to say that the real reason the treaty between reagan & gorbachev was simply because reagan let him know that "We have the Biggest stick of all" and its pointing at YOU.

I mean we are the only country in the world that has used 2 atomic bombs on another country..

And the UK is partnered with america in everything.

So if you look at it this way, they could have alien designed future weapons courtosy of the US depart of Defense.

Who have the "Biggest stick of all"..

course..I did like your answer..mines just kinda scarry..

its your tax dollars at work..

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Lets suppose that they actually do have weapons to help defend the earth in the event of an alien attack... LOL good luck with that. Do they honestly think that our weapons would be any match for their technology? If they can travel from galaxy to galaxy in a short period of time, I imagine they would also have weapons that could turn a city into a pile of ash in less than ten seconds.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Nice post.

Kind of reminds me of how Iran is so cocky and talking up their superiority over the west. Yet, what you're pointing out is something much starker, and at best, like monkeys trying to attack us.

But whatever. Not like anything can be done about it. Ants are ants. Humans are humans.

If there're aliens here or have been, we should be thankful they didn't step on us or make us go extinct. It at least shows they have a respect for life like we do. But that's not saying much. Maybe they didn't even notice or just haven't had the opportunity to step on us yet.

Personally, I think we have more to learn from earth animals than from aliens. We may learn from aliens, but it's hard to see our relationship with them be more than a pet/slave and master kind. The odds are that any aliens that come here are more advanced and we're stupid by comparison. So unless we switch roles we're probably going to become like the native americans or the stray cat in the alleyway or the pet bird in the cage or the dog smelling for drugs or the pigeon delivering mail. Heck, now that I think of it, we're already the aliens here on earth. We have the dominance and the animals are like slaves. We haven't had the chance to be slaves yet though to a master species. But who am I fooling? Maybe we already are and the master species is more clever than ever imagined.

Is there a larger reality? I'm sure there is. But my brain is too small and I'm too ignorant. In that way, I have a lot in common with a bird that struggles to understand humans. I'm sure that many animals wonder WHY? Animals aren't THAT dumb. Like us, they just want to live while they can and experience things. We want to think animals are dumb so we can eat them and ignore their plight. If WE were the animals and the roles were switched I think we'd learn a lot more about it.

It's not fun being the weaker species and being dominated by a stronger. But in a weird way, it puts you in your place and hopefully makes you look at those weaker than you differently.

IDK, but I love to see a cat and a dog and a mouse play with no blood being spilled. Maybe that's the destiny of all life in this universe: to live peacefully. On the other hand, it might get boring too. Sometimes I wonder if our reality is a temporary vacation from heaven for those who're bored.
edit on 14-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville

news.uk.msn.com

Britain has a stockpile of aircraft, drones and weapons that could be used to fight aliens in the event of an invasion from space, according to the government's former UFO adviser.

In an interview with MSN, Nick Pope, who worked for the Ministry of Defence for 21 years, said that while Britain doesn't have a war plan, it certainly had sophisticated enough weaponry to defend itself.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Defend itself against 1 star ship but it would take the whole world to defend against an invasion
edit on 14-10-2012 by HiGilgamesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Mexican aliens?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Until Dr. Who releases a statement Im on the fence on this one. Hes on hold with Buckingham Palace? Still in the phone booth?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join