Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

It's always the good ones!

page: 1
13
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
My favorite aunt just died of a heart attack!

I won't provide details but she dropped dead.

I have done so many bad things in my life and with that theory it should be me that is dead by now but people like me live until we are 100 years old...lol but I am really not laughing......

God bless her soul even though I am not religious, but i know that is what she would want, I think.

This woman was the best aunt, you visit and it was a feast, and she was pretty cool and always went out of her way to take care of us # ups. She never judged me when most people would.

JoJo I will always miss your Easter Dinners...I haven't cried in a while but I did tonight and am right now and I miss you aunt JoJo,

Not fair that I watch the people around me fall apart while I am the most poisonous person you can ever meet and live as if I am invincible and never get hit with any real damage.

It's always the good people that go, the bad live to suffer the punishment of watching their loved ones die and it keeps happening yet I still want to live for ever, and I just might....

My father who is a member on here told me the news which is when I cried..

It should not have been her who passed...other people are more deserving....

Instead of mourning her death let's celebrate her life because she lived a good one!

JoJo you are in my heart and spirit for ever.




posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


I am sorry to hear about your loss. It seems true that "it is always the good ones" that pass away. Sounds like your aunt was a great woman. Celebrate her life and mourn. Peace.

CJ



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
My condolences to you and your family.

I hope you find some solace in this difficult time - whether thats by remembering her for the good shes done or by some other means.

Guess you need to appreciate those goods ones while you still can, ey



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Not fair that I watch the people around me fall apart while I am the most poisonous person you can ever meet and live as if I am invincible and never get hit with any real damage.


Seems to me that being alive and experiencing the pain of "losing" someone (only her body dies, dont worry), means that you are the one suffering. So that should be "fair" from that perspective, if you really feel you are a bad person that deserves to suffer.

But do you realize that you can change your actions and become someone you enjoy being more?



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911
 


i enjoy my life as # up as it is,



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have my own saying... it's always the ones who don't want to die, or those with lives that sorely need them.

I have suicidal ideations every day, you see, and since I know my instinct to keep living would keep me from actually going through it, I feel sort of envious of those people who die young from outside forces.

By no means am I glad they died. I just wish it were more the other way around. Suicidal individuals-- particularly those with lives so empty that a feeble reassurance that a deity wants them to live is all that people can think of to offer-- who attempt self-destruction end up having an almost supernatural ability to bounce back.

In contrast, those who are affected by something lethal beyond their control slip away like sand through fingers.

edit on 13-10-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


I'm extremely sorry for your loss...



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


My condolences to you and your family as well.

It's never easy losing someone you love.

But you'll never really lose her if you keep telling stories of her life and how she affected those around her. That'll be her legacy. She'll be a legend within the family for generations to come as long as you do this.



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


I'll skip the condolences and what not...skip right to the celebrating of her existence!

She obviously meant a lot to you and I applaud your ability to come here and express your feelings about her life, her death, and your existence in her absence.

Life is strange at times and, more often than not, makes very little sense to those of us left behind after the passing of a loved one.

I'm sad for you and your family simply b/c I've been in your shoes more than I care to recount....condolences really don't mean squat when faced with mortality head on....of course it's a nice gesture and all but, rarely helps ease the pain.

So, I'd love to hear more about your memories of her....sounds like she was a great woman.
edit on 13-10-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


I am sorry to hear about your loss. It seems true that "it is always the good ones" that pass away. Sounds like your aunt was a great woman. Celebrate her life and mourn. Peace.

CJ


Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot even coming from a stranger.

She was a great woman and her life will be for ever celebrated.



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DariusHames
My condolences to you and your family.

I hope you find some solace in this difficult time - whether thats by remembering her for the good shes done or by some other means.

Guess you need to appreciate those goods ones while you still can, ey


You give great advice, it does make me want to appreciate those who I still have left a whole lot more it's just this lady was a strong woman that held our family together and now that she is gone I am certain things will never be the same. I know I should be more positive but I am only being realistic..



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
I have my own saying... it's always the ones who don't want to die, or those with lives that sorely need them.

I have suicidal ideations every day, you see, and since I know my instinct to keep living would keep me from actually going through it, I feel sort of envious of those people who die young from outside forces.

By no means am I glad they died. I just wish it were more the other way around. Suicidal individuals-- particularly those with lives so empty that a feeble reassurance that a deity wants them to live is all that people can think of to offer-- who attempt self-destruction end up having an almost supernatural ability to bounce back.

In contrast, those who are affected by something lethal beyond their control slip away like sand through fingers.

edit on 13-10-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)


I have never been suicidal and am very thankful for that. Hopefully your suicidal thoughts will go away as no one deserves to question their existence. I say this living a rather easy life so perhaps I am a hypocrite so I promise I am not speaking from a soap box.

I am so self self destructive at times (not on purpose) that I feel invincible so death has never been an issue to me. I'm more concerned about the people who will mourn for me when I die than my actual life as I live mine to the fullest and try to enjoy every moment when possible.

I had an uncle commit a very ugly suicide and I believe that is the worse thing you can do to anyone but if my life was so unhappy that I would consider ending it I might actually do it. Luckily I have never had these thoughts no matter how messed up things have been. I look forward to each new day.

I thank you for your kind words and hope you the best.



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore
 


Thank you, I truly appreciate it


Cheers.



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


My condolences to you and your family as well.

It's never easy losing someone you love.

But you'll never really lose her if you keep telling stories of her life and how she affected those around her. That'll be her legacy. She'll be a legend within the family for generations to come as long as you do this.



Thank you, it is much appreciated.

And you are right, she will be celebrated for ever...even though the mere thought of her at the moment makes me sad, eventually I will reach the point where I think of her all that come up are the happy memories as she was a great woman who took care of a lot of people.

But yes, her life will be celebrated for ever



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


I'll skip the condolences and what not...skip right to the celebrating of her existence!

She obviously meant a lot to you and I applaud your ability to come here and express your feelings about her life, her death, and your existence in her absence.

Life is strange at times and, more often than not, makes very little sense to those of us left behind after the passing of a loved one.

I'm sad for you and your family simply b/c I've been in your shoes more than I care to recount....condolences really don't mean squat when faced with mortality head on....of course it's a nice gesture and all but, rarely helps ease the pain.

So, I'd love to hear more about your memories of her....sounds like she was a great woman.
edit on 13-10-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)


I thank you for the kind words and yes I like your mention about skipping straight to celebration. Regrettably my current celebration includes a brown bottle and other things beyond mention. Once the sadness leaves as I mentioned to the other poster it will always be happiness and celebration.

I also thank your for applause for coming out and posting this but this is honestly not my style, I never thought I would be whining about the death of a loved on in an internet chat forum. I have seen others do the same and I remember thinking "I hope I never end up like them" just to now realize I was a total a hole for even thinking that.

Life is very strange and it makes very little sense so I certainly agree with you there


I also appreciate the admission that condolences never seem very helpful no matter how sincere they are and I have always been careful how I express my condolences in the fear of appearing "fake".

Cheers.



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I was kind of hard on myself in my OP.

But I want to thank EVERYONE for their input.

Even though I do a lot of messed up # I know I am a good person who aims to do the right thing day in and day out. It's just i get an unwanted feeling of invincibility at times due to what I have done and survived while those around me are falling ill. My aunt's death was completely unexpected but there are 3 loved ones of mine who have recently received news of illness that is life threatening, meanwhile I get away with substance abuse and other stupid actions and am healthy as #! I just don't get it, but of course we all know things aren't measured that way and it is selfish of me to feel self pity in this time where many of us are suffering so I will try to stay positive for those around me.

I apologize to anyone who may have felt that I was being too hard on myself or might have been seeking attention as that was not my intention, I was genuinely messed up at the time of this OP.

Thanks again everyone
edit on 13-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your favorite Aunt. Keep a favorite picture of her displayed in nice frame. Put a rose near it. Maybe plant something special in the garden weather permitting in her honor. Maybe put a sweet angel sculpture there. Little things of rememberence and honor. HUGS!



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
How wonderful she gave you that kind of love, enveloping, unconditional, joyous! Everyone should have an Aunt like that. Thank you for sharing her spirit with us, so sorry for your loss.



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
My condolences on the passing of your awesome Aunt. It's always hard to lose the ones we love and care about. I hope you have many beautiful memories that you can use to celebrate your time with her. I hope that those memories eventually will ease your pain even though, I know well, that the loss will always be felt.



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear this....sending love your way.

If I may suggest something....you stated she dropped dead suddenly? That's sounds like a blessing of sorts, a quick end without long term suffering.

I hope that didn't sound callous, no death is ever easy for those left behind.

Hugs to you, I'll say a prayer in memory of your aunt.

smylee





new topics

top topics



 
13
<<   2 >>

log in

join