It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has hit back hard now.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It looks like the attacks on Iran are not going to be a one way thing, see the link below, and hold on tight guys.

www.debka.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

You know after all the years here at ATS this about the first time I'll come right out and say that this sounds like a REAL potential False flag possibility.

However in leaks to the American media, former U.S. government officials and cyber-security experts reported that the administration believes Iranian-based hackers were responsible for what Panetta warned could be the first “cyber Pearl Harbor” against America.

The Wall Street Journal pointed to a team of 100 Iranian experts as the perpetrators of the cyber attacks on America and the Gulf oil states.

We all know hacking is a modern growing problem. Every country is vulnerable. However, the US has in place a very active Cyber force. Now they're going to sit there knowing full well of the danger and possible attack and declare up front and beforehand that the Cyber defense is useless?

Now either they're prepping us for a False Flag or they are simply fishing for more tax payer money under the guise of this new SCARY potential threat....

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Perhaps you should provide more of a discussion here, rather then expecting everyone to click on the link and hand out flags

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I will worry when it is reported by another source than Debka

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This ping pong game between Iran and the west has been going on for a while now.

Don't think they'll be going to war any time soon as everyone expects them to. I could be wrong but I imagine everyone has too much to lose at the moment or just can't afford a war.

Maybe Israel but it won't without the backing of the US.

Think the sanctions on Iran might cripple it eventually and increase the opposition towards it's regime rather than a war. Well I hope so.

War is never the answer

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well for ease of reading and making up your own minds. The source is Debka.

But:

A week ago, on Oct. 6, an unmanned Iranian aerial vehicle with stealth attributes breached Israeli air space. By eluding Israel’s radar, the UAV exposed serious gaps in its air defenses. Thursday, Oct. 11, Hizballah’s Hassan Nasrallah admitting the drone had come from Lebanon, promised it would not be the last. He seemed to be mocking Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and his reliance on strong border fences to keep Israel safe.
A week went by and Saturday, Oct. 13, the Iranian Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) website quoted its chief, Lt. Gen. Ali Jabari as stating that his naval and missile forces are on “strategic deterrent readiness” – a novel term just invented by the Islamic Republic. He spoke Friday at an army base in Khorrasan, during a tour with Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. The Iranian general hinted that the Iranian-Hizballah drone had been able to come close to Israel’s nuclear reactor in Dimona.

Also after googling Iran cyber attacks, there are some nuggets in the recent media.

www.cbsnews.com...

Panetta warned that the country is facing a cyber Pearl Harbor. His prediction comes after a massive cyber attack on the world's largest oil company, ARAMCO.

U.S. officials say a cyber attack against ARAMCO, has been traced to hackers inside Iran. This attack is yet another volley in an increasingly high stakes war going on in cyberspace. Defense Secretary Panetta warns that potential enemies, including Iran, are developing the capability to launch devastating attacks.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This is still posturing in my opinion.

I await the moment when foreign troops put foot to foreign soil.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Ugh.... The war mongering continues. Just because Paul Ryan says something doesn't make it true.

FACT CHECK: Slips in vice presidential debate

www.newsherald.com...

RYAN: "We cannot allow Iran to gain a nuclear weapons capability. Now, let's take a look at where we've gone — come from. When Barack Obama was elected, they had enough fissile material — nuclear material — to make one bomb. Now they have enough for five. They're racing toward a nuclear weapon. They're four years closer toward a nuclear weapons capability."

THE FACTS: Ryan's claim is misleading. Iran isn't believed to have produced any of the highly enriched uranium needed to produce even one nuclear weapon, let alone five. That point isn't even disputed by Israel, whose Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu implored the world at the United Nations last month to create a "red line" at enrichment above 20 percent. Iran would have to enrich uranium at much higher levels to produce a weapon. There is intelligence suggesting that Iran has worked on weapon designs, but not that it has developed a delivery system for any potential nuclear warhead.

And I don't expect Debka.com to have fact check this or even post the truth because you don't really have to fact check this to know its BS. Just another propaganda mouth piece but the truth is Iran is up to 20% enrichment with recent announcements of wanting to increase to 60% for their dream of having nuclear submarines. To make a nuke you're gonna need around 90% enrichment and anyone who has been following the Iran nuke crisis should already know this. So Paul Ryan is just another politician running his mouth.

As far as cyber attacks, well, the whole world is engaged in it, Iran recently announcing their official hacking team, Iranian DataCoders Security Team. So anyone who connects classified/sensitive information to the internet is subject to hacking. No one is safe on the net, not without real encryption that is changed on a regulation basis. What is connected to the internet is things like power grids and any other civilian operation out there. Mess with that and real trouble can ensue.

edit on 13-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I can't help but think about the cyber attack on Iran's nuclear facilities that caused AC/DC to be blared across the speaker systems. They must not have thought it was very funny.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

I can't help but think about the cyber attack on Iran's nuclear facilities that caused AC/DC to be blared across the speaker systems. They must not have thought it was very funny.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Ugh.... The war mongering continues. Just because Paul Ryan says something doesn't make it true.

FACT CHECK: Slips in vice presidential debate

www.newsherald.com...

RYAN: "We cannot allow Iran to gain a nuclear weapons capability. Now, let's take a look at where we've gone — come from. When Barack Obama was elected, they had enough fissile material — nuclear material — to make one bomb. Now they have enough for five. They're racing toward a nuclear weapon. They're four years closer toward a nuclear weapons capability."

THE FACTS: Ryan's claim is misleading. Iran isn't believed to have produced any of the highly enriched uranium needed to produce even one nuclear weapon, let alone five. That point isn't even disputed by Israel, whose Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu implored the world at the United Nations last month to create a "red line" at enrichment above 20 percent. Iran would have to enrich uranium at much higher levels to produce a weapon. There is intelligence suggesting that Iran has worked on weapon designs, but not that it has developed a delivery system for any potential nuclear warhead.

And I don't expect Debka.com to have fact check this or even post the truth. Just another propaganda mouth piece. Iran is up to 20% enrichment with recent announcements of wanting to increase to 60% for their dream of having nuclear submarines. So Paul Ryan is just another politician running his mouth.

Okay, don't laugh at me but doesn't Romney get intelligence briefings now? I thought I heard that on the news but I am not sure. Is it possible Ryan knows something we don't?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

I'm not subject to intel briefings either but I know these things. Paul Ryan was clearly lying and that's the truth.

Btw, I edited my post and added more info.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by texasgirl

I'm not subject to intel briefings either but I know these things. Paul Ryan was clearly lying and that's the truth.

Btw, I edited my post and added more info.

Ya think ?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ahh Cyber security. A lovely term, don't you think. There is precedent here. look up Comodohacker for some explanation of some interesting statements and exploits from the hacker from Iran.

Point is if your infrastructure is vulnerable then its your responsibility to protect it. I am willing to bet that the higher percentage of national infrastructure protection is outsourced to the cheapest bidder. Not a good model.

The fact that many, if not all, national assets that require protection have public facing access is a nonsense anyway and is done for convenience and to save money. God forbid you can't access email or the web. Easily solved. 2 networks. 1 secure and isolated the other public facing with no connection between.

All comes down to money.

PS just on a happy note, anyone noticed the up-rise in reactor shut-downs lately. LOL.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by murch
PS just on a happy note, anyone noticed the up-rise in reactor shut-downs lately. LOL.

Now that's a possibility but also note that the vast majority of US Nuclear plants are starting to show their age.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by murch

Now that's a possibility but also note that the vast majority of US Nuclear plants are starting to show their age.

You're probably right as most have now had there operating licenses extended. Scary thought though.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

I agree, if you are connected to the internet it is your job to protect yourself, and good luck to ya. Unfortunately you're probably right that the lowest bidder wins cyber security contracts. And there are 2 lines, well 3 main ones, 1) the internet/NIPRNet Unclassified/Sensitive, 2) SIPRNet Confidential/Secret, 3) JWICS Top Secret & above (includes all lower classifications as well)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That and countries like Germany are looking to phase them out after the Fukushima disaster.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

AC/DC

Always worthy of a star for posting

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Well just yesterday one of the UK's largest mobile phone networks was knocked out for the 3 rd time in 8 months, and that is rather odd, plus other networks are having problems but keeping stum about them.
I know that China is a good friend of Iran as well as Russia, and seeing that the UK & USA have used electrical components in gear from China maybe they could make it useless rather fast. I also know that even your home electric equipment like Kettles, TV sets, Radio's mostly have a clever bit built-in that trashes your gear to rubbish over certain number of hours of use, again that bit was made in China.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join