It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did '2012' happen a long time ago?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Do you think it's possible the Mayans were actually thinking of something that happened a long time ago. 1967, the Summer of Love and 1989, the Autumn of Nations come to mind. Nothing has been the same since either of those years and it seems like there was literally a shift in reality in both of those years.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think a more plausible theory (both of which are obviously pure speculation) is that were actually 300 yrs in the past.. check this out.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If we're talking about the actual age of the planet, then yes, twas a long long... Long time ago. we're not talking about that though.

My phone says its 2012 so by god its 2012!!! :p

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tanulis
Great video, thanks.

Being 300 years in the past is quite an interesting theory. So, what would that mean for the Mayan calendar?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The Mayans described the end of the long count as the end of the world as we know it. This does not necessarily mean destruction...just a change in how we live.

This being said, many, many years have passed since that foretelling, and anything could have been considered as "the end." Also, how do we know if they were talking about the planet itself or their society in general?

Anyway, the long count has been deconstructed and proved to coincide with 2012, so this year is meant to be the year we all change.

edit on 13-10-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NaeBabii
reply to post by Tanulis
Great video, thanks.

Being 300 years in the past is quite an interesting theory. So, what would that mean for the Mayan calendar?

The Mayan Calendar itself would be unaffected, as it predates the Gregorian Calendar of many years. The video suggested that something went wrong in the Gregorian calendar and timeline, not the Mayan one...

So, if we were to be 300 years in the past, then the Mayan Calendar would continue to operate as normal until the world "changes" as foretold by the Mayans in 300 years.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tanulis
I think a more plausible theory (both of which are obviously pure speculation) is that were actually 300 yrs in the past.. check this out.

www.youtube.com...

Now this is an entertaining conspiracy theory! I love history, and it would be shocking and hilarious if we're actually completely wrong about it.

I'm sure we're wrong about a lot of it, at least. For example - did you know we don't even know what century Buddha was born in? That's like if we didn't know if Lincoln was President in 1862 or 1962! Hell maybe in the future, they'll mix up Lincoln with Kennedy lol.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Since we're playing with theories....there does seem to be evidence a society with advanced technology was wiped out in some way in the past....and there may be some sort of "cycle" that occurs on Earth....and perhaps we are heading into another period like this?

This man, Micheal Tsarion has some interesting theories.....he is an Irish Historian....and really worth listening to his lectures on his studies and work...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
With all the change in people these days, I think 2012 fits the mark perfectly for the Apocalypse (the world means Unveiling). It's clear that great earth/environmental/economic changes are underway, and our rapidly morphing power to perceive will influence how we make sense of what's happening.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Where did the Maya ever say December 2012 was the end of the Long Count? For that matter where did the Maya ever say that December 2012 marked a time of change?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

I agree "something" is going down....and people are aware of this on varying levels.....lol...I have no idea....I know I feel we all have a part to play.....my instincts are telling me to learn and be as informed as possible....be as brave and loving as possible...and make sure my "soul" is in order.....whatever that means....

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254
Right. Wasn't it theorized about a comet that astronomers weren't even aware of yet?

(BTW, nice avatar!)

Found this Mayan "prediction"

At the LatinoLA Site, there is a report of the announcement (circa 2000 AD) by the Mayan elder, Don Alejandro Cirilo Pérez Oxlaj, which includes the following: "...on Dec. 20, 2012, Mother Earth will pass inside the center of a magnetic axis and that it may be darkened with a great cloud for 60 to 70 hours and that because of environmental degradation, she may not be strong enough to survive the effects. "It will enter another age, but when it does, there will be great and serious events. Earthquakes, maremotos (tsunamis), floods, volcanic eruptions and great illness on the planet Earth. Few survivors will be left." Don Alejandro has been sent as a messenger from a council of elders to warn the world that we must change the way we live and take care of Earth. We hope his message resonates with people of all faiths and beliefs."

edit on 13-10-2012 by NaeBabii because: I found a "prediction".

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I very much agree with being brave.

I used to be afraid all the time when I was growing up. But I got so sick of that feeling. I hated the way it controlled my actions, and how it made me do stupid things.

But ever since I started being brave enough to be myself, fear has diminished greatly. I no longer really care if people say bad things about me, because the reward of being able to do and say what I like is totally worth not being liked by everybody.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

All time is happening at the same time. We are caught in an illusion that time has a linear flow to it...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

I'm happy to hear you have found your "voice"...and feel strong.....still working through all that myself....I just try and "trust" that "God"..."Mother Nature"....whatever you want to call it....lol....has a plan bigger then I can understand yet......

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Just curious but does daylight savings affect the date?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
The Mayans described the end of the long count as the end of the world as we know it.

No. The Mayans described the end of the current b'ak'tun and the start of the next b'ak'tun as, er, the end of one b'ak'tun and the start of a new one.

Everything else is just wishy washy new age nonsense aimed and conning the gulible out of their pounds, shillings and pence.

Next year they'll be on a new scam.

The irony is that even Maurice Cotterell, who back in the 90s in his book The Mayan Prophecies popularised the idea of the 'end of the Mayan calendar' doesn't now seem to believe most of the nonsense his original ideas have spawned (just as Sitchen never believed or promoted the idea of Nibiru returning in 2012)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
double post

edit on 13-10-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

No. The Mayans described the end of the current b'ak'tun and the start of the next b'ak'tun as, er, the end of one b'ak'tun and the start of a new one.

I dont mean to pry, but with regard to mayan prophecy, could you show me any mention of b'ak'tun after 13?

seriously, its all fun and games till someone puts their claim to knowing everything there is to know on a subject, know what I mean?
edit on 13-10-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by racer451

In Mayan culture? Or elsewhere? As far as I'm aware Mayan culture made no reference to anything happening in the 11th or 12th b'ak'tuns - being as they were far in the future.

Any reason why the 13th should be the last? Before Maurice Cotterell's 'Mayan Prophecies'?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join