It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battlefield is... you. :)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

So we are just conciousness hanging out.. imagining this reality to experience separation? Or for what purpose?

Just to see what you "think".

edit on 13-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

I am nowhere and i am everywhere that appears to exist.
I am now and here and there is nowhere else.
Nothing can appear outside of consciousness.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911

So we are just conciousness hanging out.. imagining this reality to experience separation? Or for what purpose?

Just to see what you "think".

edit on 13-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

Experience for experience sake.
You are knowing yourself always.
You are the self.
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
edit on 13-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I really liked that video... watching it now. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I edited the last post and posted another video.
You are welcome.
edit on 13-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

We simply don't believe that, complete and utter disbelief of that which is not true.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

There is no evidence of any spiritual or metaphysical purpose, so there's no reason to believe there is. But we cannot let ourselves feel that there is no purpose in living. We see and feel the same things we did when we were children. The only thing that is different is our growing lack of creativity and wonder.

Living is a purpose. There's no need for any reward if you're living a reward. We should be valuing our existence, not seeking reward in some spiritual realm.

My two pennies.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

As a non-believer in the spiritual, how do you see people who spend their lives promoting it? Arent you at all curious to what experiences they may have had to make them do what they do? Or do you believe it has to do with intelligence, meaning that these people are simply not very smart and will believe anything?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There are so many philosophies about life and purpose. The problem is that 99% of the them reside within Maya, or self delusion.

Intellectualizing every aspect of existence, breaking it all down into clouds of bite sized concepts, all pitted against each other, has never substantially changed anyone's life or how they experience it. Religion is the same as well. Because it doesn't matter what you believe in, the belief itself, is a state of unknowing, hope and faith.

The problem is that we know too much about everything, including our own lives, what's right wrong, up and down. There is no answer within that knowledge, that will fulfill you or give you closure to anything.

It's been thousands of years, and we've turned the whole universe, including ourselves, into a matrix of thoughts, ideas, concepts and definitions. Meanwhile, the world remains the same as it always has.

No one outside of You, is ever going to be able to define you or your existence. Hopefully with any luck, you will realize that neither can you.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

As a non-believer in the spiritual, how do you see people who spend their lives promoting it? Arent you at all curious to what experiences they may have had to make them do what they do? Or do you believe it has to do with intelligence, meaning that these people are simply not very smart and will believe anything?

I used to be very 'spiritual.' Therefore I have an understanding of what its like to call myself spiritual; and having already explored it, I am no longer curious. I have more 'spiritual' experiences climbing a mountain, skydiving, facing nature, pushing my body to the limits etc. than I ever had praying, meditating, chanting etc. Since my 'spiritual' experiences no longer involve any spirit or spirit world, I can no longer call myself spiritual.

I see spiritualism as a crutch for people who are unable to find joy and meaning in the real world. In order to bear life, they must believe there is more to it than what is apparent.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

I used to be very 'spiritual.' Therefore I have an understanding of what its like to call myself spiritual; and having already explored it, I am no longer curious. I have more 'spiritual' experiences climbing a mountain, skydiving, facing nature, pushing my body to the limits etc. than I ever had praying, meditating, chanting etc. Since my 'spiritual' experiences no longer involve any spirit or spirit world, I can no longer call myself spiritual.

I see spiritualism as a crutch for people who are unable to find joy and meaning in the real world. In order to bear life, they must believe there is more to it than what is apparent.

Climbing a mountain for "spiritual experiences" is the same as doing these others "spiritual" acts you so disdain. They are one in the same, they both are used to increase one's joy and meaning in this 'real world' you refer to. Spirituality isn't defined by an act. Any act can be spiritual if one experiences it that way.

Besides, the concept of spirit and spirit world have nothing to do with spirituality. And meditation has nothing to do with with any of this, including spirituality.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
Climbing a mountain for "spiritual experiences" is the same as doing these others "spiritual" acts you so disdain. They are one in the same, they both are used to increase one's joy and meaning in this 'real world' you refer to. Spirituality isn't defined by an act. Any act can be spiritual if one experiences it that way.

Besides, the concept of spirit and spirit world have nothing to do with spirituality. And meditation has nothing to do with with any of this, including spirituality.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

spiritual |ˈspiriCHo͞oəl|
adjective
1 of, relating to, or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things: I'm responsible for his spiritual welfare | the spiritual values of life.
• (of a person) not concerned with material values or pursuits.
2 of or relating to religion or religious belief: the tribe's spiritual leader.

According to the traditional use of the term spirituality, SPIRIT has a lot to do with SPIRITuality.

Also, I don't disdain spiritual acts, I only find them unnecessary when applied only to the 'spirit'.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
The more I read about the bible and religions, they seem to be code books for astrology, and ufology and ancient sciences, but also metaphors for internal struggles, and symbology for inner work.

The problem with the bible, is that it is full of misled information. There is really no one true source of information except from within.

Metaphors are actually one of the keys to unlocking the secrets of healing the past, or healing the shadow, When you learn to relate to your own self, you also learn to relate to others. Its how proper inner work is done.

edit on 15-10-2012 by AngelofTheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DariusHames
Think sometimes people underestimate how difficult it is to unlearn the conditioning of both your parents and society.

They all make it seems so effortless but it's not. It takes immense self-awareness.

Some traits, habits and fears are just too deeply rooted to just be done away with over night.

But I guess just realizing your not a prisoner to your mind or society is a good start in the right direction.
edit on 13-10-2012 by DariusHames because: (no reason given)

It's difficult but not impossible. With correct meditation techniques, you can override many past events, by simply healing. A wake up call to how this society is, also helps with acceptance to unlearn many of the world conditioning.

It just takes discipline and determination.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelofTheSun

Or do you believe there is a spiritual purpose for you here? Please let me know, Im genuinely curious to see how people view themselves!

After going through an intense lesson the past few days. I learned to trust in the Divine.

You are correct to say that the battlefield is within us, because we are literally the universe deep at heart. I don't believe we are here to just eat and breed, I believe we are here to live, learn and evolve based on experiences and lessons from the soul.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join