It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a look at FUTURE CITIES....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
They seem to be revealing more and more in so many movies what the future cities will be like. Seems like just a borage of movies including:

Time
Total Recall
Hunger Games
Judge Dread
Blade Runner
Robo cop
Starwars 1
Aeon Flux
etc etc...

Funny thing is that most of the movies have a common theme. The cities are basically prisons. Big walls around them, and mention of the natural area surrounding the cities being contaminated waste lands and or forbidden to enter.

In the movie Time they show how the various cities are separated by class structure. And how only the upper class could enter the cities where the elitists are living. Like a future Beverly hills or something.

Often reality is stranger than fiction, look at what was already proposed (image below). I'm not sure how it would come about but seems like a lot of signs pointing toward population reduction, prison cities, returning most of the landscape back to nature, or turning it into a wasteland of virus, nuclear contamination, etc.

Anyway, I know this is old hat for some of you but chime in anyway. Just amazing how hollywood seems to be pushing this agenda of these prison cities. What do you think?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Nice thread

It's frightening really just how much Hollywood reveals. It is a conditioning tool and a medium in which the elite can reveal a lot whilst hiding behind the notion of entertainment.

I've noticed with movies this year, the conditioning of the police and surveillance state has been very strong and I imagine it will just keep going until society gets there sometime in the future.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

What about the future cities that look like charred earth and destroyed buildings. With the way things are going it would not surprise me if the cities of the future looked like apocolyptic wastelands and rubel.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Ya you're right, the survealance thing too. I think the there main premise for movies that sort of hypnotise people is meant to make people think.....

"If it happens in fiction, then it can't happen in real life".

So if someone was to show a person how the future might be, they'd likely think... "naaa that's just out of the movies, therefore it can't happen in real life". Making it hard for them to believe anything beyond MSM

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Ya I think the ones they decide to get rid of like Detroit ha ha

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Just amazing how hollywood seems to be pushing this agenda of these prison cities. What do you think?

Aahhh, but what happens in films like Blade Runner where people get given the choice to leave Earth for an 'off-world colony', i think.
How many people would gladly leave this world if they could enter another would with alien technology as seen below.

Or colonise a new planet where the land looks like New Zealand.

Then with many people leaving, this world will have plenty of jobs again. A sort of voluntary Rapture.

Prison city. lol. Every spirit is a prisoner inside their body.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The Gentle man behind
the set design for Blade Runner
was Syd Mead ....Artist Bad ass extraordinare

He was also buddy's with
Roger Dean.... you may know him from Yes album covers

both Awesome Artists

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Planned-opolis

For some reason I'll never understand an awful lot of people relish this notion of living stacked on top of each other like chickens in some agri-business facility to be tossed pellets and have their poo scraped out by a handful of farmers in control.

I dont get it. It's like all they want to do is watch some TV and die. Everything else is simply an inconvenience.
edit on 13-10-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

A perfect, happy city would make for a boring movie wouldn't it?

A Dystopian city is much more interesting.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Or perhaps by revealing those stories they quell the desire for change in the wrong direction, inflame the negative to have the postive punch through......
Or metaphorically they are representing the general 'feeling' of the people.

This is also achieved in fiction novels of most kind.

Often reality is stranger than fiction, look at what was already proposed (image below). I'm not sure how it would come about but seems like a lot of signs pointing toward population reduction, prison cities, returning most of the landscape back to nature, or turning it into a wasteland of virus, nuclear contamination, etc.

Firstly, rubbish, or should I say more politely, I disagree.....

All I saw from the
"Simulated 'Reserve' and Corridor Sysytem to 'Protect Diversity' " Picture
(I highlighted some words to help you out)
was a forward thinking establishment who knows they will have to give the food back to the people, spread em out, make them more self sufficient, no centres, one mass.

....different prospective.

I like to believe that by the mere fact of telling the story, basically gaurentees it's non-outcome, if one person who has influence, or breeds a person of influence (that's every body by the way), sees it and doesn't like it they change as much of that as they're able, in their own ways. That's only one persons prospective, now times that by the millions who watch and read those stories.

It's beautiful really.

In our video shop (for which I'm sure we own shares ) they will have 20-30 of those types of movies you posted about and only 1, 2 if your lucky, copies of documentaries from all over.
Your map shows which one your governement's looking at.

Looking after people AND place will be priority, imo and a better angle than mass depopulation

"It will be alright in the end, and if it isn't alright, then it is not the end"
(awsome movie)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Id love to see good looking aliens as well as beautiful and bright cities but the Hollywood-mentality prefers ugly and monstrous aliens and gloomy and gray cities.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Our reality is a prison.

Walls all around us. Roads, signs, rules, laws, children, school, work, sex, regulations, pollution, taxes, etc. It's plain as day. Any movie that hopes to be believable has to have some dirt in it.

Freedom(tm) is the name of the drug we most popularly use, but it's a legalized drug. If Freedom(tm) doesn't do it for you, they also offer God(tm) as well. Take both if you need to.

This is what we're used to and can't imagine a reality without these things. It's a world of death and destruction and constant conflict. We've adapted to this and can't live in a brighter world any better than a fish in the ocean can decide to be a land lubber. Just be glad you're not the ant you stepped on. Oh wait... But anyway, nobody chose to be here, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Just in case you're wondering, I am just as much a prisoner as you're. I might even be crazy, so maybe you shouldn't read what I write. But maybe I'm somewhat right too, who knows? I guess it doesn't matter since they'll be over any day now to stamp me and nerve staple my brain.
edit on 13-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Take a train ride across the country, California to New York, and see what a SAD REALITY that has become. 2,500 miles of green pasture; 500 miles of "concrete jungle".

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by r2d246

A perfect, happy city would make for a boring movie wouldn't it?

A Dystopian city is much more interesting.

Thats' what I'm gonna name my first son..... Dystopian Sity Backster the 3rd

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

They want to make a city off Tokyo out in the sea. It will be like a giant pyramid with lots of sky scrappers inside it.. Google it...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

These types of movies have been made for a very long time, I am sure you have heard about Logan's Run. I mean just think of how utterly boring that movie would have been if people live to full ages and everything was the perfect society it was portrayed to be. No one is going to see that, in fact the only types of utopian movies are Disney like films, where it is made for young kids who want that perfect happy ending.

Movies with dystopian societies have been around for ages and will keep being around for a long time. I don't see Soylent Green being sold in stores yet, but maybe McDonald's burgers are made of people and we just don't know. Seriously, movies are made to sell, no plot twists or drama and you have yourself a movie no one will see.

new topics

top topics

join