It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poverty is not a curse. God's favor is upon you even in poverty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Regardless of financial status, God will show his favor if seek hard after him.

None in this life matters but only your relationship to God and to those the world hates.

You might be living in a cardboard box, but if the King is with you, then you are living in a palace.

You might be laying down in the street, but if the King is with you, you are laying in a street made of gold.

You may not have a roof over your head, but your blanket is made of stars.

You might be in the most desperate situation but you just can't help it, you feel like celebrating!

If you feel the same way and love just the way things are even in desperation, huge storms and poverty then you are tremendously blessed!
For only few can finally see things as they are. It doesn't really matter if you got none of things this world esteem.

It don't matter if others call you crazy, out of your mind, for even Jesus was also called crazy and out of his mind!

I once had much and now poor materially. But I have gained so much more, I found God! The Holy Spirit comforted me tremendously in these trials that I really don't care if I ever come out it!

Do not believe anyone that tells you that God rewards you abundantly now (while still living on Earth) if you diligently seek God for it only leads to one thing....

Does anyone realize how VERY frustrating to the poor those false teachings are?? Not only opposes the teachings of Jesus, it is downright insult to the poor - the people who are object of God's affection, NOT the rich!!

....That if you are poor, you are not diligently seeking God! God's favor, blessings even love is not upon you, God is not happy about you, you are a terrible sinner. What about Jesus and his disciples? What about Lazarus? What about the poor widow?...

...Which is a lie from none other than the worshipers of the flesh, although they claim to know God, but actually worship idols!!

Brothers do not be deceived!! The Gospel is supposed to set you free!! Freed from the flesh!!! If someone is mixing the Gospel with the things of the flesh - possessions, pride of life, sometimes even lust of the eyes (beautiful wife, beautiful house/cars) that God gives these things, is a lie form idol worshipers!!

For God does not reward His TRUE Sons and Daughters food that spoils but food that wells to eternity, the Bread of Life, eternal life!! It is not made by men like things, money, house, etc!! For everything that man has created are nothing but abominations in God's sight!! Will God give you abominations?

If you ever had this opportunity to make lots of $$$ that is not yet the reward!! You had just been handed down a huge responsibility to devote much of that for God's work and giving to the poor! If you use that to get better food, move to a bigger house, upgrade your things, boy you're in big big trouble!!

To the poor Christians out there, that's how God loves you!! That He will place this hard command to those who had more than the basic needs for survival trying to follow Jesus to take care of you!

Stop believing the lie anymore that God loves you less that's why He is not blessing you materially. It's a big fat lie lie lie lie lie lie from idol worshippers!!! All lies!! Be freed from those lies!! For God loves you, probably even more than those who had more!!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

You might be living in a cardboard box, but if the King is with you, then you are living in a palace.

there is a saying: nothing in life is for free. question is, what does god charge for this ?

edit on 13-10-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
No one knows what happens after death...

Don't you realize that perhaps this lie was created to enable governments to further extort the population. Enabling them to do so with no reaction from the oppressed. They remain content in poverty believing in a promising after life that could possibly be a figment of someones imagination.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow

Don't you realize that perhaps this lie was created to enable governments to further extort the population. Enabling them to do so with no reaction from the oppressed. They remain content in poverty believing in a promising after life that could possibly be a figment of someones imagination.

I could not have quoted that any better
so true (in my eyes)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

You seemed to have missed the last parts of my OP.

Christianity, the true one, not the mainstream ones which disobey Jesus at every turn, commands a very/extreme austere/cheap life regardless of income. So that much of the income can be devoted to service to others.

If all those 2.5 billion Christians were to follow Jesus. It would mean the end to capitalism, paying taxes, the fall of governments will follow suit.

That's the end result to a dramatically reduced consumerism of the populace. The economy today can no longer be sustained.

We cannot be slaves to anyone. For we are commanded to go the ends of the Earth to make disciples of all nations.

If anything will conflict doing the ultimate Will of God, then we have the right to disobey authority even under the threat of death.

How is that going to give more power and money to the world governments?? If anything, the masses will be empowered. Someone who is not afraid of death, even starvation, and torture is impossible to stop!

Realistically however, only few can be such Christians because many love the world more than God.
edit on 13-10-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I'm not religious, but to be fair, what you said is irrelevant to the subject matter. If you read and understood it, OP was just saying no matter what you're situation is, God is still there for you, no matter what. OP wasn't talking about how only Jesus will make you feel this way. It seemed like a nice positive message which doesn't impose ideologies on none-believers or believers of other religions, which is a rarity on ATS now'a days

Even though I'd beg to differ that God exist in this essence, OP was a refreshing read for the Religion, Faith and Theology section.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by ahnggk

there is a saying: nothing in life is for free. question is, what does god charge for this ?

edit on 13-10-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

That only applies to material things. It costs nothing to have faith.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I like to look at things from both perspectives and yes my response was right on track. If you think about it, poor countries always have a higher number of religious folk as compared to developed countries. That's where hope comes from, that's what gets them by day to day in suffering.

We will never know who is right and wrong until our worlds come to an end. Religion is at times used as an excuse to do the unimaginable.

Do I believe in a supreme being? Yes, do I believe in religion? No.

Edit: On seconds thoughts I agree that there's more to life than material gain. Sorry If I sounded harsh, I just don't see any supreme being interfering with us.
edit on 13-10-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

if god gives you a good time, isn't this a kind of service ? not only material things have a price, services have, too.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Regardless of financial status, God will show his favor if seek hard after him.

None in this life matters but only your relationship to God and to those the world hates.

You might be laying down in the street, but if the King is with you, you are laying in a street made of gold.

You may not have a roof over your head, but your blanket is made of stars.

You might be in the most desperate situation but you just can't help it, you feel like celebrating!

What a load of crap. I bet you have never been homeless before. I have been homeless for years with nothing but the clothes on my back rolling around like a tumble weed. Let me tell you something about God, he doesn't make poor people, mankind with it's systems make poor people. I wasn't saved back then but if you had come at me and told me God blessed me with being poor i'd have laughed in your face and you would have lost a chance to convert. Someone living in a box ain't thinking about God, theyre thinking about if the next day they wakeup could be their last day on earth, or thinking about when their next meal will be. Living on the streets is not safe at all, and then there's the potential a serial killer could decide to target you. You go out day after day panhandling for change to buy little shot bottles of alcohol hoping to drown your despair and your pain in a booze filled haze, or you get it into your head that committing crimes will get you 3 hot square meals a day and a bed to sleep in if you murder someone, and you go into the penal system. Being homeless is worse than being a wild animal, at least they can make it buck naked and without any skills and without anyone to care about them.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
OP what if you are wrong?
You talk about false idols and false Gods but what if you die and you go to a type of heaven and some fat bald chap is sitting in the lotus position says "Sorry dude you joined the wrong club" and then you go to your Hell.
I do think there may be a creator but all he/she/us did was to make up the laws (physics) and sat back and watched what happened.

I know having faith in your brand of religion gives you a warm feeling inside but trying to put out a message that if you are homeless God (yours only) can make you feel like you are a King? lol

Also last thing how are the homeless and the true poor going to see this message? you are preaching to the wrong crowd.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

If you think about it, poor countries always have a higher number of religious folk as compared to developed countries. That's where hope comes from, that's what gets them by day to day in suffering.

Thats because the rich (not just countries, but people) tend to move away from God once they get a taste of material wealth. Of course, if they happen to be religious, they tell themselves that they have been blessed and make this temporary life a priority. Those blessed with wealth, almost always neglect their duty to give in charity.

Being poor and having hope in God is better than being rich and lacking belief. Christians who know their scripture understand that they cannot really "keep" the wealth they gather in this world.....and that it will be of no use to them.

The core teaching of Jesus always revolved around seperation from this world.

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. “But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Jesus also taught that people who are rich and powerful actually have NOTHING, but whats been given to them. When Pilate boasted that he had the power to set Jesus free, Jesus instead of accepting his offer remarked :
"You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above."

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Let me tell you something about God, he doesn't make poor people, mankind with it's systems make poor people.

What happened to "God gives and God takes away"?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sorry but I can't eat a prayer.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Let me tell you something about God, he doesn't make poor people, mankind with it's systems make poor people.

What happened to "God gives and God takes away"?

Sorry but when i was a kid i didn't see God taking away from me, i saw someone else, namely my own dad.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnowIf you think about it, poor countries always have a higher number of religious folk as compared to developed countries. That's where hope comes from, that's what gets them by day to day in suffering.

I'm not saying that all the poor are in the right track.

Many are just in for the good ride, never repenting, never really obeying Jesus. Many are victims themselves by false religions - the popular ones.

Do I believe in a supreme being? Yes, do I believe in religion? No. Edit: On seconds thoughts I agree that there's more to life than material gain. Sorry If I sounded harsh, I just don't see any supreme being interfering with us.

You are correct. No you won't see God today interfere, aside from the gifts of the Holy Spirit and only to those who wanted it. God will only interfere next in the judgement of the world which is already too late for change.

@lonewolf

What a load of crap. I bet you have never been homeless before. I have been homeless for years with nothing but the clothes on my back rolling around like a tumble weed. Let me tell you something about God, he doesn't make poor people, mankind with it's systems make poor people.

Did I said God blesses with poverty? I said God blesses even in poverty. Two different things. God blesses with eternal things anyway, doesn't have anything to do with material things.

I've gone close to that. I've lived in a tent for over a year, used my dirty clothes over and over without washing and surviving on just 200 grams of food a day - same food everyday, the cheapest that can be prepared. It was a miracle somehow, I only lost 10 pounds in weight even in winter!!
But I did get noticeably thin.

It is during these times God found me, I learned to embrace my suffering. I learned to stop fearing death

I used to have my own apartment, gone anywhere on a whim, got hobbies, but I was Godless even I called myself Christian.

@tenth

Sorry but I can't eat a prayer. ~Tenth

The poor may not understand the Gospel until you feed them first with material food of course.

I get your point. I've always said in my topics to take care of the poor physically..

But in this topic, we talk about those Christians in poverty apparently neglected even condemned by their brethren because they want to keep their wealth to themselves get bigger bettter house cars gadgets etc, never sharing to the poor as Jesus commanded

May this words be a comfort to them.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
thank you op for this post, I think you hit the nail on the head about poverty and the blessings of God. The Lord doesn't just bless us materialistically, in fact I'd say more often than not He blesses us in non-material ways. He blesses us through His love, through knowledge, wisdom, patience, and all the other fruits of the spirit which cannot be sold and do not come with a price tag.

In my life, I am very poor money-wise, but rich in the blessings of God, and I wouldn't trade those blessings for all the money in the world. God is great!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by smartfaith213

No problem. I think it's time the poor heard something nice and more importantly, the truth!

The biggest evil in Christianity is looking down upon their poor brothers thinking that financial status is an easy way to tell a Christian's relationship to God!

They keep telling their poor brothers, put God first and all these things (which they assume to include wealth) will added to you - is just a nicer way to tell, you're not putting God first! And therefore judging others wrongly!

It contradicts the teachings of Jesus in several fronts! Wealth/money is never a blessing to begin with! It is rather something to be given away, not to keep some to yourself to buy bigger, better, and more comfortable things! That's what Judas did and he's dead!

God loves the poor, and what is keeping His provisions from ever reaching the poor are the Christians who twist the truth into something that allows you to keep the wealth to yourself and some 10% to tithing!

They have twisted the truth to make it easy for the rich to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. They will probably be punished more severely than unbelievers in judgement for they have corrupted the Gospel and less people nowadays can hear the truth, unless the only read New Testament and never ever go into church!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I know having faith in your brand of religion gives you a warm feeling inside but trying to put out a message that if you are homeless God (yours only) can make you feel like you are a King? lol

Also last thing how are the homeless and the true poor going to see this message? you are preaching to the wrong crowd.

It is impossible to be understood unless reborn of the Spirit. I finished university, had a white collar job before, I got hobbies, went to the great outdoors every week. I used to have my life full...

...And I voluntarily left all those even my job! Rebirth has changed me, now I hate those things, they just separate me from God. I found most of Christianity to be nothing but delusions - a wolf trying to eat grass, it's never going to work!!

You are correct, I might be preaching to the wrong crowd but I hang on to the belief, a few who read this deal with the homeless and spreads the message of truth to them.
edit on 17-10-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join