It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Scrambles Jets To Syrian Border After Syrian Helicopter Bombs Azmarin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
Turkey would wipe out what's left of a third world army quite handily I bet.Assad would be done in a week if Turkey hit him.

It's possible...but....what is next?

Will Turkey attempt to occupy and train a friendly regime change, similiar to OIF?

And on top of that, they will probably be fighting/negotiating with former pro-Assad forces and Muslim Brotherhood force at the same time who would be fighting each other all the while.

Is Turkey up to that task? The US nor NATO seemed to be.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

It's sad to see this unfold and I truly dread to think what the cost to the civilians will be in Syria

Maybe Assad regime shoulda thought bout that before they attacked Turkey guess Assad read too much ATS and believed his pr and thought he was the baddest kid on the block.

The Fsa to the left of them Turkey to the right of him, and the Us and Britian ready to bring the hammer forth,.

Dude might as well give it up if he truly gave a crap about his own people.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

guess Assad read too much ATS and believed his pr and thought he was the baddest kid on the block.

Those who believe Assad is at no fault, will never admit it.

Now Zionist, and Americas faults?

Yeah, ATS is filled with those threads.......

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Because there isn't any of us,of coarse the Syrian govt is as much at fault as the mercenaries they are fighting,the difference being one is on offence the other defence.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by sonnny1

Because there isn't any of us,of coarse the Syrian govt is as much at fault as the mercenaries they are fighting,the difference being one is on offence the other defence.

I blame Assad.

41 years, under Father and Son rule, and I see that as a real Problem.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I agree it's time for a change but let the people decide there fate if this is there struggle, not the UN set-up FSA/SNC de-facto government,proof the Syrian Assad govt is being toppled by outside forces.

edit on 16-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

i agree it's time for a change but let the people decide there fate, not the UN FSA government

Well, it's a bit to late for that, ain't it?

They're dragging everybody in the region into their conflict. And some from outside the region as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Syria didn't drag anyone into this conflict,they were sent in guns blazing..

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Syria didn't drag anyone into this conflict,they were sent in guns blazing..

Syria is allies with Iran, China, and Russia.

They didn't go into this with their eyes closed. They knew the possible consequences and gambled on past success.

Which we still have yet to see play out.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

The gamble is that Syria,Iran,China and/or Russia will tangle with NATO and imo they will not,but they are stuffing Turkey for thanksgiving.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

The gamble is that Syria,Iran,China and/or Russia will tangle with NATO and imo they will not,but they are stuffing Turkey for thanksgiving.

I hope you're right, but the rest of the world doesn't necessarily celebrate Thankgiving.

And the Turkey in this case can fire back. And has...effectively I mght add.
edit on 16-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Turkey is becoming the biggest loser in all of this,the Pkk have increased there area of operations,thev'e pissed off Russia,Iran,Syria,China and a huge majority of there own population that don't want them training fighters and meddling with Syria,esp the kurds,they have lost over flight rights to Cyprus via Russia and Syria,there taking casualties by there own rebels,and Pkk along the border with Syria..the future doesn't look good for the US puppet government in Ankara if they continue on this path

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

The PKK has always been a thorn. And Turkey is a NATO state, who in my opinion are playing the game similiar to Pakistan. Meaning, they are using their alligence to NATO as a end to a means.

This will not play out very well for all involved if it spins out of control.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

What is there to gain?
Imo they have the false impression that if they play a good lap dog for NATO they could be accepted into the EU,which is not going to happen.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

What is there to gain?
Imo they have the false impression that if they play a good lap dog for NATO they could be accepted into the EU,which is not going to happen.

Why would they want into the EU which is collapsing?

They are looking at renewing the Ottoman Empire.

You can look at the world over and see former empires with dreams of becoming a empire again. France is doing it, as is Russia, as is China...etc...etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Either way it goes,Turkey will not come out of this unscathed, Iraq is and has been a silent supporter,turning a blind eye to shia militia crossing into Syria in support of the Syrian Assad govt,and allowing almost daily Iranian flights through it's airspace.
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
Turkey would wipe out what's left of a third world army quite handily I bet.Assad would be done in a week if Turkey hit him.

Why target Assad?

Last I checked he hadn't done anything? Ok he's promised to defend himself, but I believe it's the so called REBELS who are causing this disturbance.

How long has Assad live next door to Turkey without this happening? Maybe a few instances, but nothing as threatening as the current situation.

Now what about these rebels? Good timing eh?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
To back up my last statement.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Lead investigator Paulo Sergio Pinheiro said the presence of hundreds of "radical Islamists or jihadists" was particularly dangerous.

There have been increasing reports of foreign fighters entering Syria.

rt.com...

Most of the arms funneled to Syrian rebels reportedly end up in the hands of hardline Islamist extremists, including those affiliated with Al-Qaeda. There is no way of vetting rebel groups to bolster only those with more secular views

I am not saying Syria are innocent of certain crimes. Nor am I attacking Turkey for defending themselves against the attacks.

What I AM saying is.... This whole war is a series of cloak and mirrors and we are being propagated by a big illusion.

Our enemies are enemies of our enemies. Our allies are enemies, our enemies are friends. Our friends are friends of our friends. Trust nobody.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

That being said our most obvious enemy should be our msm.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

There have been increasing reports of foreign fighters entering Syria.

Well I think everybody already knew the Russians and some Iranians were there. This is just more cannon fodder for the mayhem

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join