Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Abe Foxman's ADL, "interfaith dialogue" means Christian leaders must shut up about Israeli crimes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Abe Foxman's ADL, "interfaith dialogue" means Christian leaders must shut up about Israeli crimes

uruknet.info

Leading pro-Israel lobby group the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) has angrily pulled out of a national "interfaith" dialogue scheduled for later this month, because some of the Protestant faith leaders who planned to attend had the temerity to write a letter to Congress asking that US aid to Israel be reviewed for compliance with the US Foreign Assistance Act and the US Arms Export Control Act in light of Israel’s extensively documented human rights violations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This is just so typical of what we see now, the letter in question was not 'anti semitic' in anyway whatsoever.

The letter itself is here-

globalministries.org...

It raises very legitimate causes for concern considering Israel has received more US foreign aid than any other nation since the end of WW2.

Dear Member of Congress,

We write to you as Christian leaders representing U.S. churches and religious organizations committed to seeking a just peace for Israelis and Palestinians.

Through our presence in the region, and regular visits to our partners there, we see first-hand the impacts of the conflict on both Palestinians and Israelis and hear from them directly about the reality of their lives.

In addition to the horror and loss of life from rocket attacks from Gaza and past suicide bombings, we have witnessed the broad impact that a sense of insecurity and fear has had on Israeli society. We have also witnessed widespread Israeli human rights violations committed against Palestinians, including killing of civilians, home demolitions and forced displacement, and restrictions on Palestinian movement, among others. We recognize that each party—Israeli and Palestinian—bears responsibilities for its actions and we therefore continue to stand against all violence regardless of its source. Our stand against violence is complemented by our commitment to the rights of all Israelis, as well as all Palestinians, to live in peace and security.

At what stage does any rational, logical thinking person conclude this is 'anti semitic'?

The letter makes excellent points-

Unfortunately, unconditional US military assistance to Israel has contributed to this deterioration, sustaining the conflict and undermining the long-term security interests of both Israelis and Palestinians. This is made clear in the most recent 2011 State Department Country Report on Human Rights Practices covering Israel and the Occupied Territories, which details widespread Israeli human rights violations committed against Palestinian civilians, many of which involve the misuse of US-supplied weapons.

Accordingly, we urge an immediate investigation into possible violations by Israel of the US Foreign Assistance Act and the US Arms Export Control Act which respectively prohibit assistance to any country which engages in a consistent pattern of human rights violations and limit the use of U.S. weapons to "internal security" or "legitimate self-defense." More broadly, we urge Congress to undertake careful scrutiny to ensure that our aid is not supporting actions by the government of Israel that undermine prospects for peace.

Yet the ADL director insisted-

It is outrageous that mere days after the Iranian president repeated his call for Israel’s elimination, these American Protestant leaders would launch a biased attack against the Jewish state by calling on Congress to investigate Israel’s use of foreign aid.

It's just wrong that the pro Israel lobby can shout 'anti semitism' at any criticism directed towards Israel or Israel policy, even if the criticism has sound logic and reason.

uruknet.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think it is a hideous mistake for the ADL to make out that Israel is the same as Judaism, by insisting that any word spoken against Israel, is a word spoken against the Jewish faith. I know plenty of Jews who have no love for Israeli foreign policy, and understand implicitly that the shield of thier faith is being tarnished by the grip of association with the political and military aims of the nations government. The ADL do brilliant work in terms of tracking anti semitic behaviour around the world, and making people aware of fascism that is aimed toward Jews. This is all to be applauded. But there is a serious lack of contrition and realism abroad in that organisation as well, directly pertaining to the behavior of Israel toward its neighbors, its treatment of Palestinians, and its over all attitude to people who are not Jewish.

Let me make something very clear. If the Israeli government, and the ADL want to be taken seriously when they utter against people, then they must make a clear line in the dirt between thier faith, and thier nation. The two have nothing to do with one another in reality, and therefore must have nothing to do with one another in political terms, if there is ever to be peace in the region. It is not for the ADL to condem the words of an organisation which has clear praise for thier work, and understanding of the issues involved with the troubles in the region in question. It is plain to see that the comments made by the Protestant and other organisations at which this attack has been aimed, were not one sided, not biased in any way what so ever.

It so happens that the Israelis are the ones who have a military supply agreement with the USA. Palestine, specifically has no such thing, because the organisations which have been allowed to control it (largely due to the constant assaults on Palestine have made normal self governance impossible), are considered terroristic. Therefore there is no question of Palestine being asked to answer for a mis-use of US supply, since they have had none! The only player in the field which has such an agreement in place is Israel, and since it is they who have the agreement, they are the only ones who can have this investigation leveled at them, and it is right that they should!

Israel must learn that despite its being surrounded by peoples it considers its enemy, there can be no overlooking
the fact that human rights abuses have occured, and something MUST be done to prevent it. The unfortunate thing about all this of course, is that the ADL's proclaimations and suggestions have given those who ARE anti-semites the very kind of political ammunition that wins these groups followers. The double standard will not be overlooked by the enemies of the Jewish faith, any more than the rest of the world can continue to overlook the misbehavior of Israel the state.

I think that it is appalling, and deeply saddening, to see the ADL behave with such fascistic tactics and propegandism. Perhaps they have learned more than they realise by hunting down the Nazis and anti semites that call them enemy. Perhaps they have learned all the wrong things by it. I hope they also learn humility, and to take the logs from thier own eyes, before complaining at the specks in others.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

The ADL is spreading the same old lie Iran wants to eliminate Israel. Iran talks about the regime running Israel who are nothing but atheist Zionist that hide behind the Jewish faith so they can commit their crimes. The churches should have pointed out that the Zionist are doing the same crimes to Christians as well as Muslims. The ADL and the ASL both terrorist organizations should be driven out of America or should be forced to register as foreign agents along with the spy cabal AIPAC.

Israel isn't worth an American life or an America dollar.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
This is just so typical of what we see now, the letter in question was not 'anti semitic' in anyway whatsoever.

Any raised eyebrow towards Israel's direction is anti-semetic.

I'm sorry Israel, it's just you that thinks your better then everyone else. The rest of the world just views you as another country.

(Protip: This is directed towards the government, not the innocent citizens.)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Actually, the ADL is behind alot of anti-semitic acts, accusing non-Jews of many incidents, only to find out later they were committed by Jews connected to the ADL.

I have no time for Abe Foxman. He's a swine, a liar and is corrupt as hell. Yes, the ADL occasionaly does good work but they lost their intigrity along time ago.

I'm no fan of the Protestant Church either but at least they don't hide the fact of their anti-semitism, whereas Abe Foxman and his ADL groupees hide behind closed doors his anti-Gentile rantings as all Orthodox Jews do.

There are many other well established Jewish groups (both Ultra-Orthodox and Liberal/Progressive Jewish organisations) I have alot more respect for.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Israel can no longer use the victim card anymore or call anyone they don't like anti-Semitic. It no longer has the same effect it use to, every day the world is getting sick of Israel crap. I can't wait until we stop funding Israel war machine and let their citizens die for a pointless war.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
The ADL is spreading the same old lie Iran wants to eliminate Israel. Iran talks about the regime running Israel who are nothing but atheist Zionist that hide behind the Jewish faith so they can commit their crimes.

You know I see you continuously running your mouth about the "Zionists" running Israel that are not Jews yet I never see you post anything about those "Religious fanatics" running Iran that don't really represent and hide behind true Islam while committing THEIR crimes....

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

If I may interject, there is a big difference between Iran and Israel. Yes, Iran has some religious fanatics in charge, but Iran does not have the same relationship with US business' and our government that Israel does.

Israel has lobbying organizations within the US with the sole purpose of advocating for legislation and government actions that benefit the government of Israel.

We also send a lot of money and favor to Israel because they are our "allies", yet we do not hold them to the same criteria that we are now sanctioning Iran for.

So I would say that the comparison is not only off-base, but also irrelevant to the matter at hand.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
If I may interject, there is a big difference between Iran and Israel. Yes, Iran has some religious fanatics in charge, but Iran does not have the same relationship with US business' and our government that Israel does.

You're right, no the US does not

They have a cozy relationship with Russia and China.

No?

Israel has lobbying organizations within the US with the sole purpose of advocating for legislation and government actions that benefit the government of Israel.

Is this a bad thing?
You know the Chinese are just as active in this regards...

So I would say that the comparison is not only off-base, but also irrelevant to the matter at hand.

That's opinion, not fact.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You're right, no the US does not
They have a cozy relationship with Russia and China.
No?

What does Russia and China have to do with Israeli lobby group's relationship with the US?

Is this a bad thing? You know the Chinese are just as active in this regards...

Yes it's bad. This country is mine and your's. There is no reason for any foreign nation to be lobbying my government for their benefit, whether it's Israel or China.

Again, what does China have to do with it?

That's opinion, not fact.

No, it's fact. Your statement had nothing to do with Israel's lobby groups or anything else Buster said.

You pretty much said "b...bu....but the Iranians have religious nutbags too!" Sorry, but that was irrelevant to the point at hand.

Not trying to be confrontational, just pointing out the obvious.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

No, it's fact. Your statement had nothing to do with Israel's lobby groups or anything else Buster said.

I was pointing out buster2010's obvious, continuous and relentless hypocrisy.

You pretty much said "b...bu....but the Iranians have religious nutbags too!" Sorry, but that was irrelevant to the point at hand.

Come off it, you know damn well when the roles are reversed all anybody ever sees is the typical knee jerk reaction of...

"B.. bu... but Israel killed the Dinosaurs and caused Global warming.... oh and, the Crusades shtick"

Not trying to be confrontational, just pointing out the obvious.

Ditto...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
So when I pick up the phone does it say press 2 for Hebrew?

Nope.

What about real foregin influence that usurps us law and people who pander to that demographic?

Lobbyists are evil right?'

What bout those?

Never mind evil zionists blah,blah,blah,.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I was pointing out buster2010's obvious, continuous and relentless hypocrisy.

Fair enough.

Come off it, you know damn well when the roles are reversed all anybody ever sees is the typical knee jerk reaction of...

So you combat hypocrisy by being......hypocritical and using the same tactic of irrelevant deflection? Normally I would agree with you, but when you do the same it becomes self-defeating.

B.. bu... but Israel killed the Dinosaurs and caused Global warming.... oh and, the Crusades shtick"

Israel did not kill the dinosaurs. I thought that's how they got to work before they invented the Autocar Gilboa.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

So you combat hypocrisy by being......hypocritical and using the same tactic of irrelevant deflection?

Ugly isn't it?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Zionism (Hebrew: ציונות‎, Tsiyonut) is a form of nationalism of Jews and Jewish culture that supports a Jewish nation state in territory defined as the Land of Israel.[1] Zionism supports Jews upholding their Jewish identity and opposes the assimilation of Jews into other societies and has advocated the return of Jews to Israel as a means for Jews to be liberated from anti-Semitic discrimination, exclusion, and persecution that has occurred in other societies

Zionism

Know the difference.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Why Israel, zionism is such a lightning rod for such disdain is beyond me.

I'm somewhat flaberghasted.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Evangelical Christians so far have done more to keep other Christians quiet about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict than Foxman could ever dream

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Why Israel, zionism is such a lightning rod for such disdain is beyond me.

I'm somewhat flaberghasted.

Well Beez, too many people like to believe that they are PROFESSIONALS, in the art of "knowing" who to point the finger of blame.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka
Evangelical Christians so far have done more to keep other Christians quiet about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict than Foxman could ever dream

Sorry but when those people start holding the illegal alien population to the same standards they hold that Isreal stole Palenstinan land.

They are nothing but acting like bigots.

Fact of the matter is the American being displaced,lands stolen,money stolen, and political influence is staggering with comparison to the evil Isrealis.

Why are not those same people screaming about those evil hispanics?
edit on 13-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join