It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message From Dennis Kucinich [One Of The Few Remaining 'Good Guys']

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I'll be honest, looking in from the outside, American politics is in bad shape, too many are controlled by greed and serving the interests of the elite to consider the majority. Too many are detached from the reality, little thought is ever given to the consequences and human suffering caused by the policies they support, such as sending millions of dollars to fund the 'rebels' in Syria, many of whom are Al Qaeda.

But not all hope is lost, of the few that still stand for truth and democracy, Dennis Kucinich stands out from the crowd. Here is a recent message to the American people that needs to be shared-

America needs more politicians like Kucinich, people who speak up for the truth and most importantly, think about policy and it's effects around the world.

The war in Iraq will ultimately cost the United States five trillion dollars. Four thousand, four hundred, eighty eight Americans were killed. Tens of thousands of Americans were injured. At least one million innocent Iraqis were killed. Iraq has become a home to Al Qaida which it certainly was not before our intervention. Resentment against the United States has made pursuing peace more difficult. And we still have thousands of armed contractors in Iraq -- paid for by U.S. taxpayers.

Iraq did not pose a threat to the United States. Iraq had no Weapons of Mass Destruction. Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. We were not duped. We were not fooled. It was obvious at the time. The evidence was in publicly available reports for anyone who cared to look. I personally distributed this memo to Members of Congress. In it I address the false justifications for war, point-by-point and establish the truth. I made the case in an hour-long presentation on the House floor. 133 Members of Congress were not duped; they voted against going to war with Iraq. The Bush Administration lied to the Congress and the American people to sell its war. The intelligence community wasn't duped, The American people were duped and we are still paying the price.

America is on the verge of repeating the same 'mistakes', but as Kucinich says, America never made mistakes. Those in control of America knew exactly what they were doing with Iraq and the agenda behind it- it is clear for all to see and Obama, Romney, or Hillary Clinton are intent on continuing the manipulation and lies as they play along with the current propaganda on Iran- it is exactly the same as with Iraq.

America needs a period of truth and reconciliation. How can we avoid future wars if we don't understand how consent was manufactured for a war against Iraq?

One of the few remaining 'Good Guys' in politics, America and the world need more politicians like him to stand up for the truth.

edit on 13-10-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Too bad his congressional district was absorbed by a neighboring district to whose representative he lost the primary election this year. He will be out of Congress at the start of the next session. He really was one of the "good guys."

I really would have loved to see a Paul/Kucinich or Kucinich/Paul ticket. Although ideologically different and from different parties they both had a great deal of personal integrity and mutual respect. Both had publicly stated they would be honored to share a ticket together - though I don't believe much serious thought was given to doing so. A third-party whose platform was based on honesty and service to the American people could very well be successful and founded by either or both of these two gentlemen.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
Too bad his congressional district was absorbed by a neighboring district to whose representative he lost the primary election this year. He will be out of Congress at the start of the next session. He really was one of the "good guys."

I really would have loved to see a Paul/Kucinich or Kucinich/Paul ticket. Although ideologically different and from different parties they both had a great deal of personal integrity and mutual respect. Both had publicly stated they would be honored to share a ticket together - though I don't believe much serious thought was given to doing so. A third-party whose platform was based on honesty and service to the American people could very well be successful and founded by either or both of these two gentlemen.

^I have loads of respect for Kucinich and Paul. They're a rare breed. They're both honest and stand up for what they believe is right. I may not agree with Kucinich on everything, but I'd rather have him in office than a Mitch McConnell any day. If he moves to my neck of the woods, I would vote for him if he ran against McConnell. Heck, I'd volunteer to help with his campaign.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Personally, as a Libertarian/ Right leaning individual, I have the utmost respect for Kucinich (with the exception being on his 2nd Amendment views).

I have believed for years that a Ron Paul/ Dennis Kucinich (or vice versa) ticket would be tremendously successful, again with the exception of his views on the 2nd Amendment.

Both rarely waiver on their beliefs, regardless of party or lobby, and that is very rare in politics today.

I don't agree with Kucinich on everything, but certainly respect his outright dedication to his constituency.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA: I hadn't even read the responses above before posting!
Seems quite a few of us are on the same page!
edit on 13-10-2012 by Oaktree because: Needed editin'

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

I wasn't aware of this. And that really is a shame. Kucinich is one of the few people I feel comfortable pointing to as an "uncorrupted" politician.

Or "one of the good guys," as you say.

In this age of scato-gustatory-grinning and glossy PR, I think many who can't "read" people are probably fooled by many of these skilled liars. Kucinich just comes across as genuine. And I don't mean Obama-style I'm-using-Ericksonian-suggestion-to-implant-the-notion-of-earnest-and-honest-obama-into-your-non-critically-thinking-subconscious type genuine. I mean really, honest-to-god, seems-like-a-real-and-decent-guy-who-cares type genuine.

I would say RIP to this guy's political career.... but I really hope this isn't the last we see of him.

/rant

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

I wasn't aware of this. And that really is a shame. Kucinich is one of the few people I feel comfortable pointing to as an "uncorrupted" politician.

Yup the GOP was successful in screwing him out of his seat. He and Ron Paul would have made a unbeatable ticket.

new topics

top topics

join