It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banning the word 'fatty' is an insidious attempt at politically correct thought control

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

What is more is that you have no idea who I am

After reading some of your posts I do not think you have much of an idea of what kind of person you are either...... .

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The world is turning into a playground for psychopathic primadonnas.

If people don't like being criticised, they should not do the things that will get them criticised.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Regardless of what you want to believe, she's a very strong woman. There are such things you know, and no, she doesn't have facial hair.

This just smacks of misogynist.

Boy, what people won't say to keep their fantasies about women being barefoot and pregnant in the home.

"Misogynist"?

Do you even know what misogyny is?

Even if I did like women barefooted and pregnant at home... it would still be philogyny. Not misogyny. And btw... I'm not fond of pregnant women either.

You have no idea what misogyny is, along 90% of the people who carry that word around like a banner and throw it for free.

And btw... stating obvious differences between both sexes is not wrong. It just is. Its a fact. And those are facts.

Again... look up for the meaning of the word "misogyny". As long as I like women, its not.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

your post is self-defeating. Not only is the idea of "calling yourself something= you being violent" stupid. You go out of your way to call out a group of "haters" thus separating them from the rest of mankind and according to your broken logic that would mean you are being violent. Do you see the irony in your rhetoric?

Its ok I didnt think you would get it.. You can take a horse to water.. However you cannot make it drink....

Originally posted by purplemer

What is more is that you have no idea who I am

After reading some of your posts I do not think you have much of an idea of what kind of person you are either...... .

More and more rhetoric... Look bro, if you don't have anything to say about the topic that is fine you don't HAVE to reply to me just so you feel good about yourself. We are talking about "Banning the word 'fatty' is an insidious attempt at politically correct thought control ", if you want to continue you talk about me while ignoring the topic there is a rant forum that would be perfect for you.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The bickering, off-topic and rude remarks end here.
If this thread cannot be debated in a polite manner...further posts will be removed.
Posting Bans are a possibility...as well as the thread's closure.

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
As I've caught up on the last few pages of this thread, I am struck my a few things....First to the poster that shared her story about being assulted and humilated by that group of boys, and also had her father wish her dead, My God, my heart just broke for you
and I completely agree harrassment and assult should be illegal...as I have stated earlier I don't think words should be mandated by the government.

The main point I would like to make though is about how important family and friends are in supporting each other....we can weather any storm/ words a bully may throw our way if we know we are Loved...lol...trust me I didn't come from the Brady Bunch type of family, Irish / Italian....we can be hot heads and say hurtful things...but Love and empathy always win at the end...hugs and "I'm sorry" go along way...

As busy as my Mom was, she owned a small business....she always made sure we all ate dinner together, and that was my sister and I's time to tell our parents what was going on at school..etc....my sister went through the "tom boy" phase, and she was getting teased at school, she wanted to wear levi's, T-shirts, and had a short pixie cut hairstyle, lol, complete opposite of me....anyways....my parents told her / us that when people are mean it means that they are hurt in some way themselves...and that really influenced me...

If we can teach our kids, and even ourselves that you can not take to heart the hurt and anger of people who are so hurt themselves they seek to hurt others it goes a long way in preserving your personal self-esteem...after that I used my skills of "empathy" to overcome quite a few bullies in my day...kill them with kindness so to speak.....not that I want to kill anyone...first you have to stand them down...but once you gain respect.....it's amazing how a little Love and empathy can "change" a person.....that girl that beat me up in grade school, became a friend in High School...life is funny....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Unfortunately, for your argument, there is a difference between calling someone fat, and overriding the US Constitution with Sharia Law(things like allowing stoning or amputations).

What has the "US" constitution got to go with anything?? This was from a british newspaper about britain. The US constitution means nothing to me (no offence)

But, seeing as you are mentioning the US constitution, what about the FIRST amendment??

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Doesnt this protect someone right to say that they believe that Sharia law should replace existing law?

I am not talking about the implementation of Sharia law (which i don't agree with) i am talking about the right to say you want it!!

If you believe that the first amendment doesn’t apply to this, and only applies to views you agree with, then you may as well tear it up.

edit on 27-10-2012 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2012 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join