It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Woodland Survival Flipper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Did a search for this and could not find it anywhere on ATS so I thought I would share it.

Ran across this tonight while trying to learn how to knap glass arrowheads. It's called The Woodland Survival Flipper. It's kind of like a hybrid crossbow/slingshot, only lighter and more compact. I think it would be a nice inclusion to a bug out bag because of its size and adaptations for ball bearings as well as it's usefulness in hunting small game. It has a 30 lb pull. The video states they retail for $150. They need to get that price down...

Link

edit on 13-10-2012 by SumerianSoldier because: Video won't embed...

edit on 13-10-2012 by SumerianSoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I've seen the video already, it's a cool concept a great piece of creativity, but I would still just use my bow.
If you really need a small ranged weapon for your bug out bag, a slingshot should work well. And it's alot cheaper than this survival flippehr

But you do need to practice these weapons ofcourse, don't simply put them in your bob and expect to be safe.. it takes time and skill

edit on 13-10-2012 by rambo1112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rambo1112

I agree with you, which is why I say they need to get the price down. I keep a slingshot in my bob and I'm sure most everyone can pick up a relatively decent bow in a pawn shop for about $150.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SumerianSoldier

I agree, it looks like a nice gadget to have but it also seems kinda flimsy. You can buy a decent fiberglass bow for 50$ on ebay, then you have another 100$ to spend on other survival items.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
eh, it looks like they tried to reinvent the wheel and failed. Cool idea for a fun toy but that is about it.

top topics

join