If the power grid goes down in November, will you be ready?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb.

It does remind me though of a dream I had where many airlines were falling out of the sky crashing in all parts of the country simultaneously. But then again in this dream the power was on and the news was reporting it on TV as it happened.
edit on 13-10-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

Ok now thats just weird. I also had a dream were I saw airplanes falling from the sky. A little creepy honestly.

Oh and sorry I posted before I read all your later posts.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Jet age dreams in the Tang generation. No place to get your news when grid breaks. At night in Wichita you just reread old classics by candle light I guess.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

As stated earlier, the previous cyber attack on the oil rig and hacking of bank systems already shows it is possible.
But it seems you have a lack of reading comprehension skills. No, my source is not Zuckerberg, nor does it come from Facebook.

In any case, I never claimed to be an expert on that subject. All I do know is that Panetta has issued a warning and listed the same type of scenario.

But thats ok, Im guessing if something did happen tomorrow you wouldn't be prepared anyways. So I'll be stocking up on ammo to deal with cases like you. One less mouth to feed anyways. One more case of someone who would be caught totally off guard, that poses an immediate threat to those who did prepare but not a very big one.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Its really quite a common dream.
Have you ever googled it?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This news story was just posted yesterday and supports this thread.What it says is the tracking or various planes was messed with so the air space could be breached. What that means is a cyber attack screwed with the instruments and allowed various hostile planes to register as civilian planes to gain entry (undetected) into various countries.

news story

A week ago, on Oct. 6, an unmanned Iranian aerial vehicle with stealth attributes breached Israeli air space. By eluding Israel’s radar, the UAV exposed serious gaps in its air defenses. Thursday, Oct. 11, Hizballah’s Hassan Nasrallah admitting the drone had come from Lebanon, promised it would not be the last. He seemed to be mocking Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and his reliance on strong border fences to keep Israel safe.

link to all planes in the world in the sky now

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by thehoneycomb

So your saying that they have a virus that can phyiscally destroy hardware then?
Because that would be a first (outside of the printer overheating one).
You dont have to pitch expensive computer systems because they get a virus, you just erase and reinstall them.

Software can and does control the physical aspects of a computer. From overclocking a processor until it burns out to filling the HD with random data until the original data has been overwritten too many times to recover. Remember if windows can open your CD tray or turn off your monitor it can also fry your electronics.
edit on 14-10-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Intresting thread. I just installed a solar power sustem in my home anticipating that something like this might happen. I don't want to lose $1,200 worth of grassfed beef... Then on the news just a few days ago I heard about the potential for a "cyber Peal Harbor". When I here stuff like this
www.telegraph.co.uk...
it perks my ears up.
The Pearl Harbor attack was predicted in a newspaper. From a Nov 31, 1941 paper.

warisacrime.org...
edit on 14-10-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
So I've been scouring the web about this looking for any more information, couldn't find any. In fact my search landed this thread as the #1 search result and could not find anything else.

But alas! I did a youtube search and found this. Looks like the event is planned for election day.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Ok so has anonymous delivered on any of its previous threats. Nov 5 is also the anniversary of the facebook attack, but my search is also landing results for Croatia November, 19 2011, Hungary September 17, 2011

I am sure there is more. But should anonymous be taken seriously? Have they delivered in the past?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Oh now check this one out.

It's an old video of a staged cyber security attack on the power grid uploaded November 4, 2011 but the timestamp on the video is 2007, CNN footage.

edit on 15-10-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So let me get this straight... anon is going to take down the electrical grid to punish who? Who suffers when the grid goes down? Seems to me it's the population at large. How this is "getting back at the man", or am I mising the point?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Just to be clear, I don't know if anonymous has anything to do with my original source of intel or not, but perhaps. It could also very well be a coincidence.

It just so happens that I couldn't find any other information regarding a cyber attack in November. The anonymous video is the only thing I can find.

As far as anonymous is concerned, I am convinced that it is operated by CIA or similar type intelligence agency put in place for political purposes, like weakening governments around the world for political gains and agendas.

But yeah, if anonymous was really out for the people, it doesn't seem like this would be in the peoples best interest, does it?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
... Im going to make a few phone calls, maybe not tomorrow but early next week and ask some questions and try to get more specifics. ...

So, it's now "early next week". Have you made your calls yet?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Not yet, but I do plan on doing that later on today. I'll keep you posted.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

You expect the guys who haven't developed nuclear power to be able to pull a stunt like that?

Dudes, that lived in caves, took out 3 building with 2 planes.
And collapsed the entire economy of the "greatest" nation on the planet.
edit on 15-10-2012 by SpittinTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Maybe your "source" got their info from the CNN video you posted. So old news is now coming to light.

ETA, I don't see anywhere on the CNN video where there is a "staged cyber attack" or prediction of any sort. In fact, if it were in a topic called "engines that fail", I wouldn't even consider it as anything else
edit on 15-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

My source is supposedly an inventor who knows people in the intelligence community, he was warned by an 'insider' currently he is also warning people.

This is all information that needs to be verified of course.

TTYL

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
With baited breath we await the specifics...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brentnauer

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Brentnauer

Im not ready too yet. I don't want this to be one of those. Lets just say I have a few personal phone calls to make.

But I can tell you that it has to do with Leon Pannetta's cyber security news story, pre 9/11 event possibility.

Lets just say that the intel has been declassified, so I was hoping for a little help. Thats why I posted.

As I learn more, I will let you know, but until I verify my sources I am not ready to.

Hoping for a little help?

Paraphrasing: "Iran is gonna hack our power grid. Are you ready?"
When asked if you know something we should know: "Perhaps".
When called on it: "I have some personal calls to make".

Help with what, exactly? Sounds like you're just looking for attention.

I think it's reasonable to assume that there will be a government official knocking on this posters door in 3...2...1...

When will people learn? If you "allude" to having information on a potential threat to the national security of your country, your government will have an interest in you. Well done thehoneycomb, you're probably now considered by the US government as a "person of interest".

I love it when all these scenarios suddenly appear, echoing a new TV series! lol

When Jericho started threads were all about a possible nuclear attack. When Walking Dead started we were inundated with "zombie virus" threads. Now Revolution is on and gaining in popularity everyone is talking about the power going out...

This place is so predictable sometimes.
edit on 17-10-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
My apologies to all who are reading this who are expecting some type of confirmation. That will simply not happen. All I am simply trying to do is verify my sources from the source itself or by doing so through the proper channels.

Now, if you were like me, you have been preparing for years now. This message only serves to let you know that if you have been preparing your preparations may soon come to fruition.

It is not my intent to scare people or to have people seek the improper channels. I only seek to prepare those of you who are reading and taking this message seriously as to further keep a close guard and to heed this warning with a grain of salt. If indeed you are prepared, then this warning should not come as a surprise or catch you off guard.

Do you remember what happened during the Iranian elections a few years ago? People were dragged out of their houses and beaten in public, It was all over the news.

Yes in my opinion this event is scheduled for election time, that is not a coincidence nor should it come as a surprise.

If indeed it does happen, we might never know the results of the election or the implications until it is too late. There wont be any ATS or MSM at that point it will be only what you hear from the people you interact with.

My only advice to you then of you are prepared, is that now is the time to tie up loose ends and become fully prepared. Fill your tanks with gas, because that will become scarce and prepare for what might happen. Is that too much to ask? If anything I think that it could save a few lives at least if not many. But don't cry to me if you were not prepared already.

Again, I apologize for the delay I am only trying to seek this information through the proper channels. By not doing so could put other peoples lives in dangers and I am not trying to do that. I am still awaiting a return phone call, yes I did follow up, however I have been become enamored with the aspect of being prepared also. That and I have a job like most of you as well as other responsibilities. I will continue my follow up again shortly.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join