It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the power grid goes down in November, will you be ready?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Because its less than a month away.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

In that case, well done on contributing absolutely nothing.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

What I know is that Iran knocked out a bunch of computers on an oil rig and then appeared images of a burning American flag.

The information I am trying to verify is that a major attack is due in November. But the sources that I have are like out of the ball park crazy sounding, so I dont even want to try to explain that part yet.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Brentnauer

Your welcome.

But hey, believe me or not, they declassified it for us. so if it is of interest you can try to find the goodies yourself.
edit on 13-10-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I guess this should be in general chit-chat then. I mean, I respect you coming here asking us if we were ready because you are freaked out. I realize you don't want to reveal unverified info.... but maybe you should anyway. That's what the gray-area is for is it not?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

I guess.

If they want to put it there thats fine.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

Your welcome.

But hey, believe me or not, they declassified it for us. so if it is of interest you can try to find the goodies yourself.

Whatever you say, Mulder.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Basically, if I reveal my sources people wont believe me and then those people might be getting contacted from strange people.

So Im going to make a few phone calls, maybe not tomorrow but early next week and ask some questions and try to get more specifics.

Also there is a chance that the DoD can thwart these attacks. So it might not happen anyways.

www.moneynews.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Basically, if I reveal my sources people wont believe me and then those people might be getting contacted from strange people.

So Im going to make a few phone calls, maybe not tomorrow but early next week and ask some questions and try to get more specifics.

Also there is a chance that the DoD can thwart these attacks. So it might not happen anyways.

www.moneynews.com...

God forbid you sound crazy. And hey, what's a week or two before following up on something that (you believe) could destroy the country?

You've been watching too much Revolution.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Thats why Im taking preventative measures.

Revolution is stupid, I watched the first episode and promised myself never to watch it ever again.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Revolution is stupid, I watched the first episode and promised myself never to watch it ever again.

And I'll echo this sentiment again: Why even create a thread in the first place if you've not verified anything and have nothing of substance to share?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
no, you need to physically be there, in many locations to shut things down.

There is such a thing as a manual switch to vital and important infrastructure.

You could try, and maybe succeed in part, but then they just pull the plug and switch everything to manual operation.

You would need a physical attack, and short of foreign troops on our soil, it could not happen.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I watched the first 5 minutes and said the same

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I shared with you what I know. The only thing I haven't shared is my source. That and I don't know of any specific dates. Just the month of November, thats all I got, but I imagine maybe around elections, or possibly a measure that could be taken afterward depending on the result.

The reason, is to put it in your head so that you can prepare for it, or if you dont believe me you can write it off. Im just trying to give a little notice just in case.

Me I am taking the warning seriously, of course I need to do some things to help verify. But aside from that Im taking whatever cards and comics I have that I collected as a child and selling them. Ill probably sell all the other stuff I dont need if this story checks out and invest in some old coins. Im gonna stock some more ammo and this might sound silly but candy and stuff like that.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
no, you need to physically be there, in many locations to shut things down.

There is such a thing as a manual switch to vital and important infrastructure.

You could try, and maybe succeed in part, but then they just pull the plug and switch everything to manual operation.

You would need a physical attack, and short of foreign troops on our soil, it could not happen.

How do you know that? If it's a false flag attack I think they can pull something bigger than a manual switch could handle.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

What they already did...if true, is quite impressive.

I will leave it at that.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

It very well could be a false flag also.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

they need electricity. Not everyone has emergency generators.

I know because the power systems across the western world are similar in most places. There is so much redundancy that if things go off, they would only take a few hours to go back on. We could leach off Canada or Mexico if things were off for a prolonged time.

False flag like that, cyber attack? no....too much evidence. They could just stage a terrorist attack using cells that they control.

Most Americans would not be able to investigate if an attack was done by a real terrorist or someone they paid.

Why disconnect something you need, especially at times of needed increased coordination.

You guys remember the east coast power outage right after 9/11....yeah, I do. In less than 12 hours we had power back up.

If they wanted to make us panic, they would leave the lights on and issue a public health alert on the news, with a real Bio weapon in a small city.

edit on 13-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

The way it was explained to me was that it is a cyber attack on the computer systems that run these systems. Not an EMP or other kind of attack.

They already showed that it is possible, basically the individual computers that were attacked in the initial attack will get thrown away, because they are nothing but junk now.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

So your saying that they have a virus that can phyiscally destroy hardware then?
Because that would be a first (outside of the printer overheating one).
You dont have to pitch expensive computer systems because they get a virus, you just erase and reinstall them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join