It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My doctor put me on antidepressants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

fair enough, although its hard to believe that every Doctor is a miracle worker, some/most just go through motions and try and make money so they can retire earlier, cause in the end there job gets just as repetitive as digging holes. what did Native americans do when they got depressed?, what did the settelers on the oregan trail do when they got depressed? what did knights of the round table do when they got depressed? what did the Babylonians do when they got depressd? what did the first nomadic tribes do when they got depressed. The thing im trying to get at is no matter were your from, or when your from, depression has been with us forever and magic little pills sold by salesmen wanting to by a new yacht was not always available, its relitivley new and shouldnt be trusted . truth is unless your a chemist with all the proper lab equipment no one knows whats in these magic pills. In conclusion we all need to realise that life sucks sometimes becuase if it didnt than the good parts wouldnt be as sweet. and we all need to know that big pharma companies dont care about us, only money and some more sinister motives as well(illuminati, tptb,ect).

and as one the greatest minds of are time said:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I have taken antidepressants for years now. I seem to have the chemical imbalance that is spoken about. I have gone off them a few times and always end up very depressed. I have worked on the "underlying issues" and believe in therapy, but working those things out didn't prevent the depression. Even on the meds I can get situational depression........like when I lost my job and house due to the economy.

I have known at least three people who refused medications because they were warned off by
"friends" They all ended up committing suicide. Friends are not doctors, people who have had bad experiences with medications are not doctors, people who have had good experiences are not doctors. I guess what I am saying is to try it, and make your own decisions based on your own experiences. Best of luck to you.
edit on 13-10-2012 by bintim because: grammar

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I would like to thank everyone who replied so far.

My feelings are ambivalent about this whole thing. I will persist with this course for now and tell you guys if anything really unusual happens.

<< 1   >>

join