It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Anomalies via google Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Octagon

Think of it this way, for a moment.

What if...

...lets say your an advanced civilization that existed here on earth before the last ice age.
And you found out the planet was going to go through chaotic changes. Lets hypothize that these folk had two groups of thought. The first groups beliefs, were they would build vast undergound cities that would let there people survive the comming surface disasters. The secound group believed it was better to put there resources into building a space fleet so they could get there people off the planet.
Most folks in that time period thought both groups were just crazy, and lived out there lives and paid eather group much creedance. The reason being both groups stated it wouldn't happen for at least 100 years. Plenty of time to get ready..
So during that time period both groups countinued on there chosen dreams. One began to build vast underground complexes to house there elites. The other spent there vast amounts building large space faring ships that could take all the BEST minds, to another world where they could start fresh. A world that wasn't going to be one big ice cube..

Time went by as time does. The world got cooler. Folks started to get anxious. Resorces started to dwindle. The group which built underworld complexes left the surface world and took up residence underground for time was short. The secound group filled there ships with as many people as they could and lifted off the surface of the planet. But something went wrong with the drive systems and they had to land on the moon. Turns out it was a covert operations group from the first group that had sabatoged the engines. Cause if they first group survived they would be able to mold the future in whatever they wished it to be.

So the 2nd groups ships got stranded on the moon. Lucky they had some very smart folks among them and they canabilized a few of there ships and built subsurface facilities for there people.
Time went by as it always does...

The folks on the moon got to watch in horror as the ice age began and within a short time ice completely covered the whole of the planet..what we call earth. They had no way of contacting the first group that decided to stay.

Time passed like it always does..
When the food ran out, and they just couldn't get there hydroponic labs to work properly. A bunch of elders decided that when they all died there legacy and technology should survive. Cause one day in the far future somone would come to the moon and it would be good for them to know they were not the first ones to the moon.

And so they took there remaining ships and parked them in a crater. Cause a zero-G inviroment would make it so they would last a very long time, nothing would rust.

Time past as it always does..
And one day far int he future a tiny pod came in over the horizion and kicked up some dust in the sea of tranquility. From the tiny lander stepped forth two astronauts. And the rest is our history..

So my point to this story is..

Whos to say that all those odd things we find on the moon are simple stuff from before the last ice age , and not alien stuff. But human stuff, maybe slightly different. But basically..human from a very long time ago. And the Gov't found the stuff. and have kept it beyond top secret from everyone..

Couldn't let the common folk back on earth know that humans existed along time before the bible says they did. What would we do if the people really knew..boy would they be pissed, we'd have chaos. Nope best we keep it forever abovetopsecret..

::grins:: had to use the sites name for the story..

what if..

hmmm..

The announcer says.."we return you to noraml programing now..nothing else to see here ..its just swamp gas"..

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Octagon

Does anyone know what these rectangular objects on the Moon Are ?

They are anomaly's caused by the process of creating the google Moon images and aren't really on the Moon ,
Google Moon and Mars have been shown time after time to be unreliable tools for anomaly hunting

If you look for the original images of the area featured you will see no rectangular objects .

edit on 13-10-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
There is nothing sinister, conspiratorial, or, especially, "alien" regarding these photographs.

In GIS (Geographic Information Systems), imaging software must contend with a process called "edge-matching" to compensate for the fact that these remotely-sensed pictures are acquired as continuous bands which must then be stitched together digitally at their seams.

Although there are sophisticated algorithms to compensate for such things as seams that don't align perfectly, post-processing artifacts, extraneous intrusions (either digital, mechanical, or optical), and many other phenomena exist that are quite challenging to experts in the field of photogrammetry.

This is difficult enough using even very-high resolution imagery of the Earth, but is made especially so when processing remotely-sensed imagery tele-communicated over vast interplanetary distances. Even Google Earth (and their counterparts like Virtual Earth and NASA WorldWInd) has a small army of photogrammetrists that continuously process new imagery that comes in from a multiple sources and needs to be stitched into the digital sphere of the Earth. You can easily find many examples of this problem by zooming in and out of almost any area of earth, especially where urban lands are increasing development into rural areas and the imagery is updated more frequently.

For example, if you zoom in close to the edge of this "edge-matched, photo-georectified" image from Google Earth (below) you'll see light and dark artifacts along the edge that don't look like they are from (or "should be") from the same patch of ground.

Even images that were taken relatively close to each other in time, but upon subsequent passes of the satellite (or aerial photography plane, etc.) will yield tile edges that produce inconsistencies that are all but impossible to eliminate. With film this problem gets even worse because you often have edge artifacts that MUST be airbrushed out or otherwise post-processed to eliminate anomalies. This by the way, is often the source of conspiracy theories on the Moon and Mars, etc., when observers unfamiliar with the process are quick to judge that the images have been purposefully 'modified' with some sort of malicious intent when all the photogrammetrists were trying to do is "clean" the edges of the patchwork of image tiles so as to creae a more homogenous basemap or image for subsequent analyses.

The below image is a before-and-after tiling from Hurricane Katrina - visible as a single, "seamless" image to anyone via Google Earth. If you look closely at the edges of the images you will see many objects, anomalies and artifacts that do NOT coincide with the exact same location on the adjacent image.

By the way, photogrammetry is BIG right now. Everyone from Apple to Google to Microsoft in the private sector, to municipal, county, state, and federal government agencies in the public sector are scrambling for workers in GIS. The DOD/NGA folks are HUGE in hiring people to do this kind of work -on Earth. NASA, along with partners such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Orbital Sciences, Raytheon, and many others are also constantly hiring for the celestial mapping equivalents.

In this tight economy - this is one area of technology that is growing rapidly and starving for educated workers...

Good luck!

edit on 10/13/2012 by Outrageo because:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Wow, it took a whole page of replies before the obvious answer of them being imaging artefacts was brought up. Well, it seemed to be suggested earlier but the OP actually laughed at it? Obviously I can't give personal opinions on people or it will be removed but f**k me how stupid are people?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Subterranean13

My initial assessment was digital artifact also but I wanted to see larger scale view before making the final call..I guess it was confirmed.

Meanwhile, for those who are interested, an actual moon anomaly of a cigar/pencil shaped 40m+ tall object with detailed analysis can be found at skunkworks forum..

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Octagon
Co - ordinate : 27°40'54.09"N 16°54'45.67"W

This "object" had been discussed on ATS a while ago. It is a dust speck (or something similar), because it shows up on ALL of the Apollo 15 Metric Camera images -- over 3000 images, found in this link below. (To clarify, it can bee seen in all of these images when it falls against a bright background):

Apollo Image Archive: AS15 Mapping (Metric) Camera

The fact that it shows up in all of the images, and is in the same part of the frame in all of those images makes it obvious that it really isn't on the moon, but was a piece of foreign material, either on the camera or on the scanner used to digitize the images.

You need to zoom in pretty close to see it, but here is where you should look (this example is image AS15-M-1133, but it can be seen in the same part of the frame for every image):

Here it is in the image above -- zoomed in -- and in various images (your image is turned 90 degrees relative to mine, but the shape of the debris is the same):

(AS15-M-1133):

(AS15-M-1149):

(AS15-M-1422):

Here is that earlier thread from two years ago in which this was discussed:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10/13/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Your answer was more plausible, but I did like my story better..::grins:: but then I was just answering hypotheticaly...not your version of hard data, facts..etc..etc.
Gotta livin it up a bit or folks don't read stuff, but I see imagination is dead.
::hands over the big cookie award for the hour to you::

enjoy..

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I agree those could be imaging artifacts, but if you move down a little in that same area and zoom in, you will find a heap of anomalies. I have taken numerous photos and created a video montage.

Co-ordinates are at the bottom of the pics so you can check them for yourself.

Moon Structures Montage

Your opinions are most welcome.

~A~

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
bumping this thread to post a short moon pareidolia/structures video i made with google moon and moviemaker; i thought some of the members that are interested in such stuff might like to watch it
hope that's cool.

ps. i'm afraid there's music in it.

edit on 4 5 2016 by RoScoLaz5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join