It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Tower Identified on Farside of the Moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Damnit! Whats those pesky decepticons up to now?!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Oh wait... so you guys think the shadow is originating from the object inside the dark crater? I don't think that's the case. There's another weird white object exactly near where the shadow ends. I think the shadow actually starts there and is cast off to the right, which would be correct with respect to the location of the Sun.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Obelisk?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It could be a cellphone tower on the moon. Humans don't dare to be without their cell phones. Aliens are no different.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I just looked at the pic again. The light is coming from the opposit angle so it would be impossible that this shadow is cast from the object in the dark area.
edit on 13-10-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The problem that I have is the shadow is going the wrong way. It seems to be heading off at about330 degrees and everything else has shadows about 180 degrees in the opposite direction. So my impression is it is not something very tall casting a shadow since we would have seen a thin straight shadow heading off in the direction of 150 degrees.

When we look towards the tip that goes into the sunny side of the moon why would there be a shadow of it on the sunny side of the crater as it shows?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i.imgur.com...

This shows the problem. As others have pointed out, every other shadow is the opposite direction.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
That is most definitely just a shadow. The "analysis" isn't much help either.. I wouldn't put stock in concrete evidence just yet.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Interesting find!

On the link to the NASA LROC image there are a lot more giant boulder/towers! just above and to the right. Some in some interesting formations!

Reminds me a lot of Blair Cuspids that have not been explained to my satisfaction.

If we have ever been or are currently being visited by extra-terrestrials the moon would be where I believe they would have left evidence that would have withstood the ravages of time or make a perfect observation point at which to study the earth!

Great find I will be spending some time with this image...
edit on 13-10-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hi moon fans.

If you really want to know WHAT is on the far side of it?
read the book:
PENETRATION
Ingo Swann
It's a PDF, 17 megs.

Blue skies.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

I would guess it is nothing but a large rock. Who would want to live on the dark side of the moon...!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingpin003
i.imgur.com...

This shows the problem. As others have pointed out, every other shadow is the opposite direction.

Kingpin, why do you make me de-debunk you? Still, I guess 2 minutes well spent when you can de-debunk a debunker lol.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
It could be a cellphone tower on the moon. Humans don't dare to be without their cell phones. Aliens are no different.

I do think there is enough detail from shadow and lighting in the closeup of the object to simulate what it might look like from different angle and yes, communications tower is one of the speculated purposes of the object. Who couldn't use a smartphone these days right.
edit on 13-10-2012 by PINGi14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

You're welcome!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PINGi14

Kingpin, why do you make me de-debunk you? Still, I guess 2 minutes well spent when you can de-debunk a debunker lol.

I stand corrected too, but I don't see it any more reflecting than the rocks you circled. It could be a rock on a hill that the light is hitting it just right. I do see that the shadows are about 3 times in length than the rocks.

Anyone know what the measurement of about 1/3 the distance of the object to its shadow tip is?

edit on 13-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Here is another pic that might be helpful. Notice the object would actually be 73.5 meters or 241 ft tall if it were standing on a flat surface. My 40 meter calculation accounts for the fact the object is sitting on somewhat of downhill slope resulting in its shadow length being exaggerated. Exact calculation is at the website.

My contention is that a single piece of extremely shiny object at least 130 ft tall with shape like a pencil or cigar (aka. extremely long and straight) would not be found naturally in a lunar basin aged to be billions of years old.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PINGi14
reply to post by Xtrozero

Here is another pic that might be helpful. Notice the object would actually be 73.5 meters or 241 ft tall if it were standing on a flat surface. My 40 meter calculation accounts for the fact the object is sitting on somewhat of downhill slope resulting in its shadow length being exaggerated. Exact calculation is at the website.

My contention is that a single piece of extremely shiny object at least 130 ft tall with shape like a pencil or cigar (aka. extremely long and straight) would not be found naturally in a lunar basin aged to be billions of years old.

I do notice that the rock directly north has the same shadow (obelisk like) but it's just a somewhat rounded rock. I also notice that the ground around it is not pure black and suggests it is higher level. I'm thinking in terms of a natural explanation first, that it could be the center of an old impact where the center is pushed up inside the crater. In any case I do agree it is big to get the shadow it has.

One last question, how big it the rock north of it. Are we talking a huge bolder or a rock...

Another observation...

Looking at the rock formation direct north, if you look on a 130 heading you will see a thin shadow. Following that shadow it looks to be made by a small rock formation. The picture places tricks on the brain because what looks like a hill by the shadowing is actually inversed and is a canyon.

Keeping that in mind, the thin shadow is over 25 times in length than the rock formation making it and I'm sure this has to do with the up slope it terminates on. It also seems this is a mini version of the one in question and if it has like properties then the one in question it is smaller than we think.

Well under 10 meters high.

edit on 14-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by PINGi14

Has Nasa ever in past or planning to in future photographically scan the surface of moon down to a resolution of 1 square meter. If high resolution photos were avaiable down to a square meter it would clear up all these anomalous surface features and we would know for certain if natural or artificial.

No we wouldn't. Because NASA could alter images to hide things.
Well, that's what the 'believers' would claim when nothing interesting was shown.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join