It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced Flu Shots Gaining Momentum Across the Country

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It's been implemented in hospitals here - mandatory flu shots for employees administered by the hospital (no private doctor administered vaccines) - the employee ids must display a sticker indicating the vaccine has been received - it's a termination event if you don't get your sticker.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

They do pay for it, thats just it. Especially in Healthcare. They are more that happy to pay for it. Its the side effects that scare the poop out of me. Guillen Barree for one. Have taken care of patients that have had the flu shot and then have ended up on the ventilator. So its a big no for me. I am not taking that chance. Never had the flu in my life. I think there is a group of people that may benifit from it but that should be their decision and their decision only. I am not for anything that take away my personal freedom and decision making.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Never got a flu shot, got the flu once back in elementary school.

edit on 12-10-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

I don't get flu shots and I get sick maybe once every 10 years and it's pretty mild. Maybe people should just start eating more fruits and vegetables and stop eating all the fast food crap that's out there.
edit on 13-10-2012 by texasgirl because: Added a word

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
My wife works for the University of Michigan Health Care system and they either have to get the shot or wear a mask during the entire flu season. There has been talk of it becoming 100% mandatory for them very soon though. I haven't had one since I left the Military and I don't get sick very often.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not a fan of any kind of injections. I mean, look what's going on with the meningitis outbreak. Those poor people received back and neck injections contaminated with a rare fungus and are now dying.

I think I would rather try to prevent the flu by eating better and exercising, washing my hands, etc...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am on the fence regarding flu shots. My seventy-plus-year-old father has had one every year for the past decade or better and he has never gotten the flu when the rest of us have; now whether this is because of his own natural immunity, or the shots, I cannot say.

Also . . . I opted to get a shot this year so I guess I will see how it works out if the flu breaks out wildly again this season.
edit on 13-10-2012 by nonnez because: Edit to add that I received one this year.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Not only is the hospital I work for mandating flu vaccine they are also requiring you to sign a consent form releasing them of any liability for adverse effects. They are requiring 100 percent compliance by Dec. 1st. I am refusing not because of the vaccine so much as I fundamentally believe that I alone have the last word when it comes to what I put in my body. It goes far beyond that health insurance is provided at a 200.00 a month discount to those that participate in a "wellness program" that controls every aspect of your life outside the workplace. Don't participate pay nearly 400.00 per month for health insurance coverage, affordable care act my @!!. Anyway, could start a forum discussion just on employer intrusion into my personal liberties however will save that rant for a different time.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by authortobe
Not only is the hospital I work for mandating flu vaccine they are also requiring you to sign a consent form releasing them of any liability for adverse effects. They are requiring 100 percent compliance by Dec. 1st. I am refusing not because of the vaccine so much as I fundamentally believe that I alone have the last word when it comes to what I put in my body. It goes far beyond that health insurance is provided at a 200.00 a month discount to those that participate in a "wellness program" that controls every aspect of your life outside the workplace. Don't participate pay nearly 400.00 per month for health insurance coverage, affordable care act my @!!. Anyway, could start a forum discussion just on employer intrusion into my personal liberties however will save that rant for a different time.

That just stinks. What are you going to do, quit? Or pay the 400.00 a month in insurance? Can you transfer to another hospital?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Exactly. Previously, the flu would only be in pockets of the population. Now, thanks to the flu shot being pushed in every tiny hamlet and town, the flu virus is being shed everywhere by vaccinated people, spreading it. Each year, the flu season comes earlier and spreads faster. Coincidence, or by design?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thankfully it is not mandatory at the store I work at but they sure do try their hardest to get me to get the shot even had a district manager say that when he ran a store if the person didn't get a flu shot then they could never call off for anything.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

wont quit, however, I will force them to exhaust their corrective action processes in order to terminate me. It does stink I have received excellent performance reviews consistently, I am considered a mentor and educator within my department, I take my work seriously. I refuse to let my employer dictate my personal health choices. I have limited patient contact and if I am sick I have accumulated paid time off so as not to spread my illness to others. Damn Nazis.....I digress.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent
Thankfully it is not mandatory at the store I work at but they sure do try their hardest to get me to get the shot even had a district manager say that when he ran a store if the person didn't get a flu shot then they could never call off for anything.

Sounds like you have a jerk of a DM. Believe me, I was a store manager for many years and had a ton of power-wielding DMs. Thank god I got out of the retail industry!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by authortobe

wont quit, however, I will force them to exhaust their corrective action processes in order to terminate me. It does stink I have received excellent performance reviews consistently, I am considered a mentor and educator within my department, I take my work seriously. I refuse to let my employer dictate my personal health choices. I have limited patient contact and if I am sick I have accumulated paid time off so as not to spread my illness to others. Damn Nazis.....I digress.

Good luck to ya, hope it all works out for you in the end. Keep us posted on your fight.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If my employer threatened to fire me if I didnt inject my body with that stuff, I would quit my job without hesitation.

But I do realize that not everybody has the option to that. People keep saying to me that they live in a free society... but you arent even free to not inject yourself at some places.

I think people need to realize that freedom is much more than not having bars around a cell.

edit on 13-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I don't want to derail this, but two things jump out at me:

1.) To opt out you need a doctor's note to show you are allergic. Is the employer willing to cover co-pays and test costs for all taking such tests? Time off work to undergo such tests? Are they willing to take the liability for any adverse affects of the vaccine that are not shown in the tests?

2.) Another way to opt out is for religious reasons, but "... you must have your clergy sign a note..." Are they saying that those without 'clergy' as part of their religious beliefs are excluded? Since this seems to be "Michigan Department of Health" - i.e. a government entity, are they saying that only certain religions are acceptable? The first amendment strongly says they can't do this.

I'd also like to follow the trail back to the makers of the vaccine and see if there is any links between those making the drug and those making the decision to mandate the vaccinations.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Exactly. Previously, the flu would only be in pockets of the population. Now, thanks to the flu shot being pushed in every tiny hamlet and town, the flu virus is being shed everywhere by vaccinated people, spreading it.

There are no live viruses in the flu shot, so what you are describing is impossible. The LAIV has live virus, but it's attenuated, and secondary transmission is very infrequent, even among disgusting, snotty children.

It is more likely that the greater spread of influenza--assuming this phenomenon exists--is due to more frequent travel, longer commutes as people move from urban areas to bedroom communities, and more frequent contact among children in daycare.
edit on 13-10-2012 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yep thankfully they just come around every now and again and it wasn't just a regular thing. Can't wait till I go back to school and am out of this place. 40 hours of week in that place is just a nuisance

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Octagon

There is some bad stuff in these vaccines. Apart from the normal ingredients they have nano technology. We will be forced to take them and they will 100% own us.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by onedering
reply to post by Octagon

There is some bad stuff in these vaccines. Apart from the normal ingredients they have nano technology. We will be forced to take them and they will 100% own us.

Nobody can force you to do anything unless you give them that power. They will never own me. If it comes between my life or being forced to inject something into my body, I guess I will be leaving. Its that simple for me. A life without any freedom is not worth living. If you cant even get to decide what you put in your body, what do you have?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It's happening here also......

LOUISVILLE, Ky.-- If you work at Norton Healthcare and want to keep your job, you'll be getting your flu shot this year. Norton says for the first time, it will mandate the shots for all employees. The only exclusion will be workers who have a medical reason to decline. Norton says requiring the shots for its 12,000 employees will help protect its patients. The CDC has been encouraging mandated shots for health care workers for years. Norton is the first health care system in the area and among the first 16% in the nation to adopt the mandatory policy. Some workers aren't happy about the change, but Norton says it's the "right thing to do" to protect the health of patients and employees. Workers will have until December 10th to get their flu shots. We're told employees who don't comply will be terminated. Independent doctors will lose their privileges at Norton until they comply.

www.kentuckynewsnetwork.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join