It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would ATS do if one of our own was taken by federal authorities for internet posts,, while they

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hey all, this is my first thread I’ve started, so please be kind … Mods if this is the wrong forum, please move it.
So the whole Brandon J Raub situation got me thinking, because like Mr. Raub, I run my mouth freely on the internet about the utter crap I see our government pulling on a regular basis. Unlike Mr Raub, I am under a VA doctors care for mental issues. That makes me feel like they would be able to hold me for a very, very long time under the auspice of “safety”. It really worries me, I’m not going to lie. But I also spend allot of time lurking on ATS. If feds ever show up here, I would try to get a post up before I was taken., my question is: What would you do if you ever read such a post on here? What could we as an online community do? If you were on the receiving end of the arrest, would you try to post on here before you were taken? Thank you for your consideration.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by steel49
my question is: What would you do if you ever read such a post on here?

Pray.

What could we as an online community do?

Thats two questions. Most likely not very much.

If you were on the receiving end of the arrest, would you try to post on here before you were taken? Thank you for your consideration.

Three and no. If any feds turned up and I knew about it, I would of scaled 5 fences before they knocked on the door and I would start adapting to life in the bush.

edit on 12-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I can't speak for ATS, but anything anyone posts online in any forum is their own responsibility, so I'm pretty sure that ATS would not have to do anything. A forum is not responsible for what the public posts on their forum. The mods on this particular forum seem to do a great job keeping on top of things and keeping things cleaned up. But they are not legally responsible for the opinions of the general public who might happen to choose their forums to post on.

The things that would probably get one arrested would have to be threats, illegal pictures (you know what I mean), or something really bad, as general opinions are covered under free speech. No one should ever post such threats. That would be really bad.

As for what "I" would do, I don't think I have ever posted anything illegal, as far as I know, so.... I'd be really confused.

ETA: Public forums are... public. Why would anyone post about illegal activities, if they have any, on-line?

edit on 10/12/12 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i would reply

"dont you hurt him you bastards!"

but if it was me i dont see why i would post anything instead i would burn everything

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
A member or two did post something like that before,never to heard from again.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
"The things that would probably get one arrested would have to be threats, illegal pictures (you know what I mean), or something really bad, as general opinions are covered under free speech. No one should ever post such threats. That would be really bad.

As for what "I" would do, I don't think I have ever posted anything illegal, as far as I know, so.... I'd be really confused.
"

A federal judge ordered him released after several weeks detention in a mental ward against his will due to the fact the agents violated his first amendment rights and had no legal ground to arrest hiim for his comments, which were mostly song lyrics and ron paul slogans.
edit on 12-10-2012 by steel49 because: messed up

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The NSA is tied into ATS, just like the CIA is tied into Google.

I doubt very much that they pay any attention to the poster....it would be the information itself that they are interested in.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
We're not really a community. We're not even allowed to post or exchange personal information as per the T&C. As a "community" we are completely and intentionally separated except insofar as we post here. This is our only venue of continuity or community. If something were to happen to one of us, the other 250,000 odd members are completely powerless to do anything about it whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
All I have to say is........................oh wait....here they come..hurry up and make a new thread, "They got me"

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

What would ATS do if one of our own was taken by federal authorities for internet posts

ATS who?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by steel49

One could write a very nasty blistering RANT. But that would get put into Below Top Secret and never heard from again...

The End

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by steel49

ATS would cooperate fully with the authorities with regards to such member and his posts.

But don't worry there are a billion people running their mouths on the internet.

Just don't run your mouth in a foolishly idiotic way like a threat, or that your joining a known enemy of the sate and stupid things like that because even if certain organisations know your just an idiot saying stupid things on the internet, protocol will mandate a closer look.

Pretty much just abide by ATS T&C and you will be fine no matter how much you run your mouth so don't worry.

The funny thing will be when one of these false flag profits actually hit the nail on the head, LOL! That will be an interesting day for them hehehe.

in reality thanks to ATS T&C there is not much trouble you can get into, In my opinion ATS is a type of think tank......for nitwits to see how the wind is blowing among those, us "in the know"....pfft

So don't worry.

The Rat.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You know ,now that I think about it,all the really good stuff is in the hoax bin.
You would be surprised.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Contary to the other posters, I would like to think a great many of us would do the things many of us do well already, and post your situation across every message board on the net, to get the public oppinion at large involved, thereby necessitating the member in questions getting a fair shake.

Similar to what happened to Raub, as if his friends and family had remained silent and not made a huge stink he would probably still be locked away, on forced meds.

The only thing they fear are the peoples anger at them overstepping, which has gotten many people a fair trial, instead of just a long sentence. Puplic sentiment still carries a lot of weight.

That is of course assuming they were not complete jackwads and deserved it, if that were the case they would probably be known for the crazy they spewed and wouldn't really be missed, much like the one guy that made a bunch of nut job threads than got got. He was just insane.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Depending on the information presented, and the social situation...knowing the posters posts potentially,
I think i would seriously start thinking of going underground......one poster, ok we try to keep abreast Inform ACLU or whatever we can do....... two or four posters, well i think its time to start the ball........time to become a "fish in the sea of the people.".....if it isnt already overdue.................

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Links please, or your best recollections.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Serioulsy what would i do...

Pop a can of coke
make a sandwhich
lay myself on the couch
....and then...........

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I agree that, dependent upon the situation, there would be a large number of posters who would make sure that everyone is kept up to date on the arrests, the procedures and updates, ensuring your rights are observed and protected.

Although, you have to remember, one may not have time to make a post to notify the board. Unless they reach out to someone who could post on their behalf. But there are so many skeptics on this forum, how would we really know? What "steps" must the someone take to "prove" this was happening.

I know this was all hypothetical, but it raises questions COMMONLY asked (Primarily, what does it take to believe?)

Either way, not sure there is MUCH anyone COULD do... but I am sure there would be those who would do whatever they could to help.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by steel49

From what you describe about yourself I have to give you credit for your inner strength and courage to even bring this topic up.

I think the previous posts miss the mark of what you are asking in the Op, if the alphabet soup appeared at your door and if you had time to jot something down about it before they presumably haul you off, then it is very doubtful that here or anyplace else online can help you. This is a fragile world almost like a dream, it can be a pleasant dream or a nightmare depending on your virtual connections and interests. You could no sooner expect a dream character to come to your rescue than anyone from a forum.

This is where real life comes in handy. People who know you and would miss your presence, people who would ask questions about your disappearance. They are the ones who hopefully would attempt to find out what happened to you.

As far as MIB driving up to knock on your door, well it would be embarrassing to jump on and make wild claims that they are at your door when it could turn out they have the wrong address or some other situation that has little to do with dragging you out kicking and screaming.

If you are worried about what you post on public forums, join the club. Many posters have changed their styles over the years so as to continue spreading truth but not crossing the line. This is a great place to learn proper online etiquette, just stick to the T@Cs and you'll do fine.

If you chose or have the calling to be the Next Alex Jones, then more power to ya but get a big following because there is safety in numbers.

Interesting thread. And no nothing would come of a person posting that they are being targeted and then they stop posting. Like I said, this is a virtual reality.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NaeBabii

I know this was all hypothetical, but it raises questions COMMONLY asked (Primarily, what does it take to believe?)

As much as it pains for me to say this.....it takes "Faith"
ok now i will pop my coke open

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join