It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Million Muppet March" planned to defend U.S. backing for PBS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think this is political madness, if it is not it should be, all I can say is thank you JESUS.

(Reuters) - Plans to save Big Bird, the fuzzy yellow character on U.S. public television's "Sesame Street," from possible extinction are taking shape in the form of a puppet-based protest next month dubbed the "Million Muppet March."

The demonstration is planned for November 3 at the National Mall in Washington, D.C., three days before the general election.
ca.reuters.com...
Before the presidential debate between Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney had concluded on October 3, two men who had never met each floated the Million Muppet March idea on social media. They immediately united to defend public broadcasting.

I hope to see you all there.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

This is madness!

We will fight them in the streets, on the beeches!
We will fight them..oh, I broke a nail ow...
edit on 12-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I was thinking, all those kids raised and indoctrinated by sesame street Muppet propaganda will prolly
be
there,

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

This madness!

We will fight them in the streets, on the beeches!
We will fight them..oh, I broke a nail ow...

Heck
yea

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Who knew?

Big Bird has bigger problems than Mitt Romney
While the GOP candidate may want to ax government funding for PBS, the Sesame Workshop has larger financial troubles.

money.msn.com...

Oh the humanity

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I don't get it - Big Bird/Sesame is worth $365 million. He is 1 percenter...

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
I don't get it - Big Bird/Sesame is worth $365 million. He is 1 percenter...

www.newsmax.com...

It is no secret how wasteful our government is.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I predict disaster for the march as follows:

The Muppets are prone to this.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
NOOOO The Owners of Sesame Street are getting more then $300million in gross revenue from merchandising while PBS get's tax deductions as a non-profit AND Grant money.
It just doesn't seem right.

That's all Romney was pointing out.

Lot's of earmarks for special interests for either party.

Do you REALLY think Romney won't forget his friends if elected too?

Ask G.E. CZAR how that's working for him? I can't even believe that Republicans haven't challanged Obama ONCE with GE just claiming they only opened up jobs in China to expand.

We're doomed either party.

CHEERS!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
its just a joke to americans, you don't really have anything to march against.

might aswell have some fun huh?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Let us hope there wont be muppet carnage.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think you would have to be a Muppet to march.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
I think you would have to be a Muppet to march.

good question.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
you have to be a student with lensless glasses and skinny jeans to march.

godspeed you useles sh-ts.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
As someone mentioned already, they have almost $300 million in assets, the sesame street program can float PBS by itself, most of PBS's funding is from donations, trusts, and organizations/groups of that nature. I'm sorry but these people protesting have to be brain dead to not realize this. Hello....the Arthur Show? There are so many children's programs doing amazing on PBS that could easily float the channel.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I don't really think the federal government should be giving money to any TV or media in any fashion. This just leads to conflict of interests, and potential government influence over content.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
this is sad...people in this country will rally for a fictional bird, but not for their own freedoms

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Does anyone else appreciate the irony of all the puppets fighting for the muppets???

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
I don't really think the federal government should be giving money to any TV or media in any fashion. This just leads to conflict of interests, and potential government influence over content.

I agree.
The media already acts as the biggest propaganda machine in the world for government. It gets financed by advertising dollars. Why should we pay for it twice?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Ill tell you how this can be taken.

Either TPTB are thinking that they have an easier way to show us what we really mean, as the pic above, or that the world would take us as more of a joke.

This will be televised all over the world, do you really think that people around the world would know that these were even puppets? I can see people sitting in front of their t.v.'s saying "Wow, those Americans really do look a bit different" , and the response, "No dear, you just never noticed, they always looked like that".

In a sychromystic way this is a simple reminder that we have been puppets ALL along, and this could not have been a more degrading way to show us.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! THIS IS THE WORLD IN ALL ITS OPEN GLORY, TO SHOW US THAT WE HAD NO IDEA!!

Peace, NRE.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join