It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Putin urges voters to back Bush

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I, like many others, find it hypocritical that people go on and on about how France, Germany etc want Kerry to win.....Yet when the leader of the 2nd most powerfull nation in the world backs Bush he's being paid off

Double standard here?

Personally, I want evey one out of our election. The sooner the US public understands that the rest of the world wants what is best for them - not us - the better off we will be.

Putin - I respect you as a leader, and agree with your preference of US president, but please remove yourself from our affairs.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well zipdot obviously you are not very aware of the news around you, but do you know a company called, Lukoil? well is a Russian OIL company and believe it or not they are in talks with Iraq Oil Ministry, they want a Piece of the pie.

TextLukoil plans to re-enter Iraq
Russian oil giant Lukoil plans to re-enter Iraq to reactivate its pre-US led invasion contracts. Lukoil chief Vagit Alekperov said yesterday that Lukoil was in negotiations with the Iraq Oil Ministry about various projects. The timing of the announcement appeared to make Russian claims clear.

www.ameinfo.com...

By the way zipdot it pays to keep current with the news.

Re-Activating POST-US-LED-OCCUPATION Oil Contracts

Has Nothing to Do With

Reconstruction Contracts.

Nor does this have anything to do with Bush or supporting Bush.

Zip

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Ziplot and who made you an expert of what is going on between Russia US and Iraq? you are not there to tell what kind of agreedments or deals they may have, remember we the American public are always the last ones to find out.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
margbabe,

I'm Zipdot.

Anyways, though, seriously now, I just wanted to point out that the reasons for Putin's support are probably more complicated than a few Iraqi bucks, though that might be part of it. I think we should spout conjecture about more sinister possibilities, really, is what I mean to say.

Zip.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Putins' reasoning is questionable. Bush getting re-elected is exactly
what the terrorists want... they know that Bush is not capable of
solving the problems the US faces, and it is the US foreign policy that
is the target, not Bush. If Kerry is elected he might be able to defuse
the terrorist issue by placing US military under UN command, and
allowing US veto power on the Security Council to be negated such
that the more easily manipulated UN will be in charge. The terrorists
know they can deal with the UN..
So either way the US foreign policy will change, but with Bush re-elected
the change will come faster because Bush is not basing his decisions on
reality, but faith. Faith doesn't cut it in the real world.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by mockan]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Does this mean that Putin has separated himself for Germany and France and perhaps even rethought his position prior to the war?

Btw, will this make headline national news tonight on you know, ABC, CBS, NBC?

You go Putin, Kerry scares me as well. He is the terrorist's dream come true...I mean that they do want him to win over Bush don' they?

seekerof

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
For some reason, I've always gotten the strong feeling that Bush is a fake Christian. I can't really put my finger on it, but there's something just not right about his faith in my opinion.

Zip

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thats like saying that Kerry is a tried and blue Catholic huh, Zipdot?

seekerof

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Heh, obviously not. It doesn't matter to me much either way about either of them except when people say things like "BIBLE SMACKING BUSH LISTENS TO GOD AND MAKES ALL HIS DECISIONS BASED ON HIS CRAZY WACKO FAITH!!@#!"

Zip

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Putin wants the US weakened even further. So of course he'll endorse the candidate who's already driving the country into the ground.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
margbabe,

I'm Zipdot.

ha, ha, ha, I appolized for the name change, I was not by all means making fun or anything I just realized what I did.

No harm done.

By the way I agree with you bush looks like a fake many things.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by marg6043]

Odd

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It's not normally like me to speak against Bush, but this strikes me as silly... just months ago, wasn't Putin talking about massive changes in the Russian government that were going to bring them a lot closer to totalitarianism?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well zipdot obviously you are not very aware of the news around you, but do you know a company called, Lukoil? well is a Russian OIL company and believe it or not they are in talks with Iraq Oil Ministry, they want a Piece of the pie.

The talks started in July 2004.

marg is absolutely right--- Lukoil had stalled dibs on Iraqi oil reserves that were opened up after the Iraq invasion by the U.S. & Russian governments in the form of facillitating the ConocoPhillips/Lukoil merger. If all goes well, this deal could yield as much as 500,000 barrels of Iraqi oil per day outside of OPEC limits and establishes a U.S.-Russian partnership that is the first major competition to OPEC.

Analysts have been predicting that Putin would come out strong for Bush and the U.S. oil industry because of the riches it would bring to the Russian economy via contracts for Iraqi oil reserves. See below for the full story...

www.rigzone.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

International terrorists have set as their goal inflicting the maximum damage to Bush, to prevent his election to a second term.

"If they succeed in doing that, they will celebrate a victory over America and over the entire anti-terror coalition," Putin said.

"In that case, this would give an additional impulse to international terrorists and to their activities, and could lead to the spread of terrorism to other parts of the world."

Putin is just being rational. From the standpoint of people who have no experience with democracy in the middle east and chechnya bush losing the election and stepping down might look like he was overthrown and terrorists may perceive that as a victory.

If bush loses, expect to see street celebrations and flag burnings throughout the middle east in a way not seen since 911.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
lmgnyc

I have been following the Lukoil for a while, they tried to get afghanistan natural Gas reserves but the US bombing of the area stopped that.

Its plans to get Iraq off the OPEC, well the plans are going ahead. You are so right they pretty much will become as powerful as the OPEC.

TextLast December, in our 2004 Predictions, we noted: "Russia's Putin will attempt to move closer to Bush and the U.S. oil industry after his re-election in March."

And indeed, this seems to be what has happened. According to the Times "As the deal was negotiated, the American secretary of commerce, Donald L. Evans, and the energy secretary, Spencer Abraham, were kept informed of its progress, said Rick L. Burdick, a partner in the law firm of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, who represented Lukoil."

Thanks for the link, its updated, so the talks going forwards, no wonder Putin is so happy with bush.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that you could call Putin one of Bush's puppets. As for Russia being one of the most corrupt nations on the planet... I hate to break this to you, but every nation on earth is just about equally corrupt. Some are just more powerful than others making it easier to spread their influence and do as they wish.

I think that Putin supports Bush because our two nations have finally found themselves on the same side of a conflict, and in this case both Putin and Bush have similar interests. I'm not a Republican by any means nor am I a Democrat, so it makes my skin crawl to see so many obviously partisan interpretations of this affair (on both sides).

There are pros and cons to every issue and maybe some refuse to see what good may come from this "war on terror", even if the pretenses for such a war are false. Terrorism may be what finally brings these two nations (and others) together. IMHO as an American, that can only be a good thing.
I'd also like to see us welcome Russia into full participation with the missile shield program. Russia has shown their interest in this and Bush has suggested that it MIGHT be a possibility. Maybe this is another reason for Putin's support (considering that Kerry might cancel the entire project if elected).

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This is FUNNY
did anyone really think any country is going to openly critisize the Shrub?
can you say AXIS OF EVIL?
of course they are going to be praising him... he is still the leader of the free world.
now ask him again after Kerry wins, and hear the exact same comment...ABOUT KERRY... and the will catagorically deny that any comment on shrub was ever said...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Lazarus if you don't have anything smart to say, would you please stop interfering with a conversation???
Thank you in advance.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I just can't believe that Putin is even slightly afraid of Bush, if that's what you're implying Lazarus. Putin has no problem criticising Bush or any other president, so why would he suck up now? That just doesn't make much sense. I would understand a smaller and weaker nation brown nosing the "leader of the free world", but not Russia... not for a second. Sure we (the US) could take Russia out, however that would be extremely difficult and would eventually escalate to WWIII and I just don't think that anyone is ready for that.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by veritas93
I just can't believe that Putin is even slightly afraid of Bush, if that's what you're implying Lazarus. Putin has no problem criticising Bush or any other president, so why would he suck up now? That just doesn't make much sense. I would understand a smaller and weaker nation brown nosing the "leader of the free world", but not Russia... not for a second. Sure we (the US) could take Russia out, however that would be extremely difficult and would eventually escalate to WWIII and I just don't think that anyone is ready for that.

You might think you could take Russia out, but it's just to vast to achieve it by conventional warfare, and in a nuclear war, not a single man would stay alive, several weeks after the first nukes have been exchanged (some would die from extremely high radiation)...

<< 1    3 >>

join