It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Putin urges voters to back Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Russian President Vladimir Putin, although opposed to the current war in Iraq, is urging Americans to re-elect President Bush to a second term. His reasoning being that the terrorists would consider a win by Kerry to be a victory and it would give them an "additional impulse".

edition.cnn.com
Russian President Vladimir Putin says terrorist attacks in Iraq are aimed at preventing the re-election of U.S. President George W. Bush and that a Bush defeat "could lead to the spread of terrorism to other parts of the world."

Putin, speaking Central Asian Cooperation Organization summit in Tajikistan Monday, made his most overt comments of support so far for the re-election of Bush for a second term.

"Any unbiased observer understands that attacks of international terrorist organizations in Iraq, especially nowadays, are targeted not only and not so much against the international coalition as against President Bush," Putin said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Will the remarks by the Russian President have any real bearing on the American voters? Some might even think that an endorsement from President Putin would be a detriment to a campaign. I wouldn"t go so far as to say that, but I don't think it will have a positive effect either.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by sensfan]

[edit on 18-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I wonder how much money did he get to say that

It is again an attempt by Republicans to emphasize their campaign crap "if you vote for Kerry, you vote for terrorists".
They are trying to back that baseless claim by international comments and support : "hey look, we got all our world's puppets saying what we want them to say".

I guess Putin was more then ready to say this, as another 4 years of Bush would allow him to do and kill whatever and whomever he pleases and to further russian international crime and goverment corruption without a single word of condemnation by US of A.

Wow, republicans must be proud, a leader of one of the most corrupt and evil goverments of the world is on their side

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
When I read this story I immediately thought of Chenny's comments (was it Chenny?) who said that there was a greater chance of an attack in America if Kerry was elected over Bush.

More fear mongering by Bush and crew.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Putin is a wise man, a leader in the war on terrorism. He knows how to deal with terrorists.....kill them.

The Israeli's too know how to deal with terrorists.....kill them.

George Bush and his team know how to deal with terrorists, implant yourself in the midst of them......and kill them.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
this sounds very strange to me. i believe putin did recieve some sort of 'benefit' for saying this, i do not know how he could honestly back bush. bush promised a war on terrorism and it seems that no one is benefitting from this war but the big dogs in DC. After what happened with the school hostage situation in russia i thought it might have been a wake up call to putin that if he wants anything done he would have to take it upon himself to fight the terrorist. i'm honestly starting to believe that he is backing bush just because the both realize the best way to control people is through fear and he doesn't want someone in there that might damage this bond.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
Putin is a wise man, a leader in the war on terrorism. He knows how to deal with terrorists.....kill them.

The Israeli's too know how to deal with terrorists.....kill them.

George Bush and his team know how to deal with terrorists, implant yourself in the midst of them......and kill them.

If the Russian and Israeli approach worked so well, they wouldn't still be dealing with terrorism today. Beslan happened in spite of reprisals by the Russians in a manner that was labeled by the US as "astonishing brutality"
The rocket attacks in Israel happened in spite of decades of Israeli retaliations which included bombing suspected terrorists and destroying homes, just like the coalition is doing in Iraq.

That approach isn't working for anyone yet.

As far as Putin supporting Bush, allegations were made on this forum that foreigners supporting Kerry did not have the best interests of America in mind. Well, Putin is Ex-KGB who certainly may not have US best interests in mind. What if he sees the anti-US sentiment that has built up since Bush has been in office and he wants that to continue so he can use that to his advantage?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
I wonder how much money did he get to say that

It is again an attempt by Republicans to emphasize their campaign crap "if you vote for Kerry, you vote for terrorists".
They are trying to back that baseless claim by international comments and support : "hey look, we got all our world's puppets saying what we want them to say".

I guess Putin was more then ready to say this, as another 4 years of Bush would allow him to do and kill whatever and whomever he pleases and to further russian international crime and goverment corruption without a single word of condemnation by US of A.

Wow, republicans must be proud, a leader of one of the most corrupt and evil goverments of the world is on their side

Well, first of all, why would anyone pay him to say that he supports Bush?
Kill who ever and what ever? And who is he killing? Maybe some terrorists? Yeah, probably them... Anyway like Kerry could stop him from killing Chechen terrorists??? Yes, he is an Ex-KGB, but the Cold War is over...
Anyway do you by any chance know who is paying Kerry's campaign, and supports it the most? Well, let me tell you, the members of the Albanian mafia in the USA, the same people that pay for terrorist acts made by the KLA , or what they call them selves UCK, so please stop giving me the crap that Putin is a US puppet. Remember, he's not Yeltsin or Gorbatchev...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
khruscev, all third world goverments are being paid by somebody. Russia IS one of those third world goverments. Millions, billions flow in daily for "reconstructions", "development of democracy", etc, etc, but most of that money goes into pockets of Presidents, ministers, governors. I come from one such country, I know what I am talking about.

Russia is the current leader of world wide organised crime. Do you think that Putin doesnt know about it? Or that he doesnt participate in it? He will say whatever is needed to stay where he is and get more money.

The genocide russian army is conducting in Checnya is largely being ignored by Bush administration, and that is only one thing that is being ignored. There are many others, economy related things, like the Yukos affair, we are talking about billions of $$$ which lie burried in form of black gold in Caucasus.
Putin is killing his own people. Russian people are dieing daily of hunger, poverty, local wars, desease, while the rich mafia and goverment fight their economic war. Putin is not a saint, he is a dangerous man.

As for Albanian mafia financing Kerry.... hehehehe, somehow I doubt they have that much influence. Those who finance Kerry are much much more powerful and have a LOT more influence and money then albanian mafia.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
khruscev, all third world goverments are being paid by somebody. Russia IS one of those third world goverments. Millions, billions flow in daily for "reconstructions", "development of democracy", etc, etc, but most of that money goes into pockets of Presidents, ministers, governors. I come from one such country, I know what I am talking about.

Russia is the current leader of world wide organised crime. Do you think that Putin doesnt know about it? Or that he doesnt participate in it? He will say whatever is needed to stay where he is and get more money.

The genocide russian army is conducting in Checnya is largely being ignored by Bush administration, and that is only one thing that is being ignored. There are many others, economy related things, like the Yukos affair, we are talking about billions of $$$ which lie burried in form of black gold in Caucasus.
Putin is killing his own people. Russian people are dieing daily of hunger, poverty, local wars, desease, while the rich mafia and goverment fight their economic war. Putin is not a saint, he is a dangerous man.

As for Albanian mafia financing Kerry.... hehehehe, somehow I doubt they have that much influence. Those who finance Kerry are much much more powerful and have a LOT more influence and money then albanian mafia.

yeah, and those people financing Kerry worry me as much as little shrub.

Seriously, though, on one hand, i dont see how Putin would support Bush. Ont he other hand, i highly doubt he got paid.

Given the problems with checnya and such, and the underlying things below that....................

This statement, whoever came up with it, seems odd no matter what side you look at........................

id really like to find out a little more about the source...........

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hello, why is it perfectly ok for leaders in Europe to support Kerry and for Kerry to claim to have loads of international support, yet as soon as one world leader shows support for Bush he's doing something wrong?

Fair?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Right, and the thing with Japan the othder day, heh.

Putin supports Bush, great, that's his prerogative. What are the reasons? We can guess all day long at the REAL reasons, but we're still just guessing. As for Putin being ex-KGB, well, papa Bush is the ex head of the CIA, so I'm not so worried about that. I like Putin a lot, for what it's worth.

I wouldn't call Russia third-world by any standard. Would you call China third world? Just curious.

Oh, and, maybe Putin will become dictator of Russia and Bush will become dictator of the USA to ring in the New World Order. I don't personally think so, but I'm surprised no one's mentioned it yet.

Zip

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well, at least Bush can name names if asked which foreign leaders support his re-election. Contrast that with Kerry's response to a valid question from a citizen:

Kerry is more concerned with world opinion than the concerns of America. Kerry has stated, �I've met foreign leaders who can't go out and say this publicly, but boy they look at you and say, 'You've got to win this, you've got to beat this guy, we need a new policy,' things like that." Kerry�s response to an American voter who asked him to explain his statement was,
"That's not your business, it's mine".

I invite you to read the article for a good look at Kerry's supporters.

Thick as thieves
Yeah, Kerry respects your opinion, alright.:shk:

[edit on 18-10-2004 by jsobecky]

ExD

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well, I don't like Bush(and I don't like Kerry), but, honestly, Bush is better for our national interests than Kerry. From my standpoint US must choose between two evils which is smaller, it's hard times for America.

2paperclip, you act like pathetic idiot,

Russia IS NOT third-world country by any standarts.

Millions, billions flow in daily for "reconstructions", "development of democracy", etc, etc, but most of that money goes into pockets of Presidents, ministers, governors.

Russia currently successfuly paying it's debts, and don't ask any money.

Russia is the current leader of world wide organised crime.

Ok, give us facts or shut your mouth.

The genocide russian army is conducting in Checnya

Oh, another propaganda, few facts doesn't shows you real situation.

Putin is killing his own people.

Who is this people he killed? Any links or facts?

Russian people are dieing daily of hunger, poverty, local wars, desease, while the rich mafia and goverment fight their economic war.

I'm Russian and don't see anything like this. Because I live here I know much more than you, stupid.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There is strong evidence that Russia's intelligence services, have helped Putin out a bit with some Terrorist attacks against Russia. Telegraph Article
cnn are what I can find on google, but I recall seeing other wire reports talking about how Putin's FSB was probably behind the attacks to boost support for his government. I guess leaders who think alike support each other.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExD
Well, I don't like Bush(and I don't like Kerry), but, honestly, Bush is better for our national interests than Kerry. From my standpoint US must choose between two evils which is smaller, it's hard times for America.

2paperclip, you act like pathetic idiot,

Russia IS NOT third-world country by any standarts.

Millions, billions flow in daily for "reconstructions", "development of democracy", etc, etc, but most of that money goes into pockets of Presidents, ministers, governors.

Russia currently successfuly paying it's debts, and don't ask any money.

Russia is the current leader of world wide organised crime.

Ok, give us facts or shut your mouth.

The genocide russian army is conducting in Checnya

Oh, another propaganda, few facts doesn't shows you real situation.

Putin is killing his own people.

Who is this people he killed? Any links or facts?

Russian people are dieing daily of hunger, poverty, local wars, desease, while the rich mafia and goverment fight their economic war.

I'm Russian and don't see anything like this. Because I live here I know much more than you, stupid.

Another one i saw here, Russia being a third world country. I thought that was a lame ass statement.

I have a friend who travels to Russia every year to visit family. He said that most Russians he saw had cell phones, were decently dressed and fed. he said its still got a ways to go, but no where near third world. Third world is what you have in Sudan and Latin America. Russia still has a strong infrastructure that simply needs a little work to bring it up to full speed.

really though, the idea of Russia getting paid off to say such things is a bit weird. I cannot See Russia taking signifigant amounts of money from the US to say this thing. Granted, they arent totally at full speed economically, but its not like the place is full of corpses, flies, and bombed our roads and cities. they do still have electricity, plumbing, and food.

During the early nineties, they ahd alot of problems when the Soviet Union collapsed. which was expected. Times were pretty abd then, but they have recovered signifigantly, and are still making pretty good progress. Third world coutnries cannot maintain space programs. the Russians still have theirs.

But still, i am puzzled why Putin would make such a show of support for Bush. Its really strange. I myself actually like putin, despite controversies and rumors about him. I just never figured him too thrilled with Bush.

of course, maybe he thinks that Kerry is alot scarier than Dubya?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well I am not surprised of the endorsment, perhaps Putin if playing his cards right, and hopes for a cut of the pie and some contracts on the reconstruction of Iraq.

I thinks he is just being smart.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

If the Russian and Israeli approach worked so well, they wouldn't still be dealing with terrorism today. Beslan happened in spite of reprisals by the Russians in a manner that was labeled by the US as "astonishing brutality"
The rocket attacks in Israel happened in spite of decades of Israeli retaliations which included bombing suspected terrorists and destroying homes, just like the coalition is doing in Iraq.

That approach isn't working for anyone yet.

Would you rather just lay down and give in to all the demands from terrorists? Do you even know what that means? Exactly what would you do to deal with terrorism?...you must have some sort of idea if you are saying this is not working. Would your plan include giving to Islamic terrorists the lands/cities they have been asking for? Would you take all Christians and Jewish people from Jerusalem?....would you give them Italy, France, and Andalusia among other places?..what about Kashmir?.... Those are part of the demands from Islamic terrorists.

BTW, I believe Putin said this because it does help him fight terrorism in Russia also, like he said if they get attacked they will go after whatever group did it.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well I am not surprised of the endorsment, perhaps Putin if playing his cards right, and hopes for a cut of the pie and some contracts on the reconstruction of Iraq.

Actually, thats a pretty good assumption.

I had almost forgotten we told France and Russia and germany to piss off, the lil is ours and u aint gettin none........

Might be a bid to score cool points and get a piece of the action.

If France and germany started kissing Bush's ass and supporting him, then wed know damn well what was up.

But even then, its only a theory, but a very good one.

But somehow, i think theres alot more than oil involved.........

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

What are you talking about? American contracts? No, because they go to American companies. If Russia wants to spend money rebuilding Iraq, then they can hire Russian companies to do the work. I can guarantee you that what you said is not among the reasons for Putin's endorsement of Bush.

Zipdot

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well zipdot obviously you are not very aware of the news around you, but do you know a company called, Lukoil? well is a Russian OIL company and believe it or not they are in talks with Iraq Oil Ministry, they want a Piece of the pie.

The talks started in July 2004.

TextLukoil plans to re-enter Iraq
Russian oil giant Lukoil plans to re-enter Iraq to reactivate its pre-US led invasion contracts. Lukoil chief Vagit Alekperov said yesterday that Lukoil was in negotiations with the Iraq Oil Ministry about various projects. The timing of the announcement appeared to make Russian claims clear.

www.ameinfo.com...

By the way zipdot it pays to keep current with the news.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by marg6043]

[edit on 18-10-2004 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join