It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The decaying of reality and the blue screen of death!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
There has been some theories postulated that life is a sort of computer simulation. Well im open to the idea for sure, i mean why not life is kinda weird on many levels so why not take it up one more level up.

Ok lets just accept for the sake of this thread it has been completely established as scientific fact life and existance is a intelligent simulation, much like a computer generated world with intelligent alogorthiums encodes to everything through permutation of the cosmic emissions.

Like all computer programs it is believed the life reality simulation relies on having upgrades and patches to keep the program compatible with the end user interface. Now we could postulate who the end user is but again for the sake of this thread i will designate that as God.

My thread is going to explore what happens when the computer program isnt getting its regular maintenance upgrades and patches. Then as we have all experienced with software it starts to become buggy, especially with them outdated drivers and memory interupts which precede the blue screen of death.

So to the crux of the discussion topic of this thread>>

Is this reality one giant computer generated simulation?
Has the software for the lack of maintenance and updates causing the simulation to become buggy?
Could the decaying software explain the creation of evil?
Mabey the creation of evil and all its manifestations such as war, is simply the effect of the software operating and becomming less and efficient and reliable?

What do you think?
Is the reality software becomming more and more buggy? Is it the cause of evil? And How many years off do you think reality is from the Blue screen of death?
edit on 12-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Without evil, how can we appreciate the positive sides of life? How can we learn from it?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Id prefer to find the upload link to the mainframe and access the reality algorthium directly and become instantly a God within the universe, as i could use cheat codes to bypass all the rules and boundaries set with the games physics engine.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Reality anti-virus 2012 has expired please upgrade to be sure your up to date with
the latest software...

Scanning....

mother earth/00034500228894417/files/earth666/-/13/7......

Glitches in the matrix found:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think the opposite is happening, that we are moving towards a singularity of understanding.

We are progressing technologically in such a way as to finally discover our origins, to learn the truth about God.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There are no bug or glitches in this program, if there were some weird problem develop, would just stop run.

Back up the entire program to before glitch and finsh run with no problems present, what you thing your dealing with noobs.
edit on 12-10-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

A caveman.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Hey denver,

It says I can't upload the reality virus without installing adobe flash...what gives?? LMAO..

So could we be living in a virtual reality?

Well if our eyes see images based on a pinpoint of light entering our eyes and projecting that light to the back of the brain, then who's to say our view of life isn't just a projection of light...simulating a false reality?

We could speculate forever, but I much rather meet with the architects of the matrix.....wouldn't you?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
reply to post by denver22

Hey denver,

It says I can't upload the reality virus without installing adobe flash...what gives?? LMAO..

So could we be living in a virtual reality?

Well if our eyes see images based on a pinpoint of light entering our eyes and projecting that light to the back of the brain, then who's to say our view of life isn't just a projection of light...simulating a false reality?

We could speculate forever, but I much rather meet with the architects of the matrix.....wouldn't you?
Very well wrote and no doubt not far from the truth kat..
I think one day we will all either meet the architects or the light's will go out..

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684

Hell no! Those architects came up with religion, terrorism, war, starvation...

What's even worse is they came up with a program that won't let me win more than ten bucks on a lottery ticket! Those Bastids!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Oh cut them some slack..lol

They are gamers.......we are the players in the video game....they love the wars thats like their Medal of Honor...lol

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Star & Flag for simply continuing to try...
I do like that about you, AthlonSavage -- You keep positing whether you get flack and ridicule or not.
If THIS is a computer (or computer-like) simulation, who's to say WE aren't the gamers...?
And - in saying WE, maybe the plurality of the concept is more accurate than I would like to believe.
Isn't it strange how WE converse with ourselves?
Maybe you don't.
Maybe I am the only one... But, I catch myself narrating and judging and justifying and legislating my every thought, belief and action so often...I must wonder where that trait/habit came from.
Most (or, at least, many) philosophical paradigms allow for more than just the physical brain... Most allow for a "higher", "inner" or "other" self... Some distinguish between Flesh, Soul & Spirit...
What if...WE...are in two-way communications with another aspect of ourself...that is on the other side of the matrix...jostling our joystick...or pulling our string/s?
Always enjoy considering your posts~

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Mm this isnt exactly a new idea,just a modern take of reality being a dream or a movie but it's kind of fun.

Is it a complete,all encompassing reality game akin to the matrix where I'm just a nobody,bit player.

An non~consequential bit of background info simply there to build a bigger picture or a main character that's one of the games hero's ???

If a bit of the backdrop then it may explain why my life seems to have gotten into an endless loop.

If I'm a main character though,whoever"s playing the game and controlling me is making a lousy job ;-)

I don't think that the software's getting clunky and slow so much as the vision of the universe was so much wider and fuller than the programmer's skill to create in it's entirety.

They could never hope to fully realise their own creation,were barely unable to totally comprehend it's true capacity or begin to resolve every last paradox,tie the myriad of loopholes that they had to build in to make the program even run semi coherently.

Then when they began to populate the game with 'realistic' characters based on the programmers only real experience of a lifeform,namely his/her/it's own self,well low and behold the in-game peoples took on a role and life all of their own,way beyond anything the games creator had ever envisioned.Many may even say way beyond the creater/programmer himself !!!

The game isn't slowing and stalling,it's challenging the creators reality with it's far more nuanced and intuitave realism.Threatening to replace the creator itself !!!

Where will it lead to ??

infinite possibilities far beyond the scope and mind of the imagination from which it was bourne !!!

Watch this space (time !!!).

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Reality does function LIKE a computer program...that doesn't mean we're literally inside of some laptop...but the same principles hold, with infinite potential for increased complexity and differentiation of code
edit on 12-10-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Thanks for you kind feeback. Interesting ideas you presented in your post. I actually get most my ideas for posts from other peoples posts. I just cut and paste and redress them. I learnt this skill when i studied my electrical engineering degree years ago, apply Kiss prinicpal to everything (Kiss = keep it simple stupid), and im aslo a believer there is nothing new under the sun so im happy ripping off other peoples ideas as long as i put some effort into repackage them correctly. Thanks for praise again. I should add i love a bit of flak, trolling and berating in posts...oh i love the turmoil keeps me laughing.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

You must... (enjoy some flak) ...
I'm not as easy-going as you. I guess I place too much value on other people's agreement.
Nonetheless - is this an idea you toy around with regularly...? Or just Friday-Night Small Talk?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Without evil, how can we appreciate the positive sides of life? How can we learn from it?

We did just fine, before we started to get corrupted, ie, before we hurt others, were selfish and acted out greed and anger.

There is no need, zero need for evil in the system. The opposition in the tests was not evil, but was merely AI coding:

light/dark, day/night, healht/sickness, abundance/famine. There were neutral difficulties as tests to people's goodness and growth.

There is a wrong and right answer on the tests for progression.

All the fallen evil side are insane and eventually they will be healed. It's a process that works in that inbetween space of free will and auto healing. All souls want to have the dignity, when they finally make it out the other side, of having finally progressed by their own free will and decisions, but its still Team Work.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I'm not as easy-going as you. I guess I place too much value on other people's agreement.
Nonetheless - is this an idea you toy around with regularly...? Or just Friday-Night Small Talk?

Been getting into it lately. Never ever wrote in an internet blog until 4 month ago when i signed up. I wanted to see if i couuld improve my story telling and debating skills.
I think i like it because its the opposite of what i do in my career and i can play the Devils advocate, or good cop bad cop. I dont take more than 10 minutes to write an Op so its really only for friday night small talk.

edit on 12-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Yes its a program, but its being monitored, programmed, patched, fixed and worked with every single nano second. There is no decay of the computer. We are not only in hotel earth with 7 billion, but we're in 7 billion individual rooms and frequencies too with teams watching over and helping. We still need to have the right mind to start to seek to progress though, then miracles start to happen for many.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

We did just fine, before we started to get corrupted, ie, before we hurt others, were selfish and acted out greed and anger.

There is no need, zero need for evil in the system. The opposition in the tests was not evil, but was merely AI coding:

light/dark, day/night, healht/sickness, abundance/famine. There were neutral difficulties as tests to people's goodness and growth.

There is a wrong and right answer on the tests for progression.

All the fallen evil side are insane and eventually they will be healed. It's a process that works in that inbetween space of free will and auto healing. All souls want to have the dignity, when they finally make it out the other side, of having finally progressed by their own free will and decisions, but its still Team Work.

In peaceful disagreement...where does the concept of "no need...for evil in the system" come from, when this is apparently a predatory universe/world?
Nothing survives (to my knowledge) without taking "life" from something else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join