It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do the FBI define as suspicious?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
As the news has started the spread, the very tragic news everyone feared has become a reality. The young girl from Colorado who went missing last week has been found dead.

Today the news has appeared on various sites, but something else is covered in each appearance of the story, the police asking people to look for suspicious behavior.
That in itself is nothing shocking, but what they choose to define as suspicious is rather broad.

From Fox News

Retired FBI behavioral analyst Clinton Van Zandt told The Associated Press that tip-offs about the suspect could include someone suddenly growing a beard, getting a new haircut or other changes in appearance. Other clues might be out-of-character behavior, such as someone detailing a car when he normally would have only washed it, Van Zandt said.

From MSNBC

In their search for Jessica, the FBI in Denver said it’s important to focus not on how this person looks but on any kind of unusual behavior. That behavior could include missing work and appointments, leaving town, changes in alcohol and drug use, or changes in appearance, according to an FBI Denver press release. “Somebody who’s maybe very engaged in the media coverage of this particular investigation, and maybe they’re a little annoyed by all the coverage.

“It could be your boss, it could be your friend, and, ultimately, it could be your family member,” Joly said

From Yahoo News

The suspect is most likely a man, the FBI said. He might have been a "no show" and missed work immediately after the incident and offered a plausible excuse such as illness, death in the family or car trouble. The individual might express an intense interest in the status of the investigation and pay close attention to the media. But some offenders might quickly turn off media accounts or try to redirect conversations concerning the victims or their families, according to the FBI. "It could be your boss, it could be your friend and, ultimately, it could be your family member," FBI spokesman David Joly said.

It's a tough one, because with something so horrific and tragic, you want justice no matter the cost. But to label normal behavior (washing cars, getting a hair cut, a sick day from work) as suspicious, it seems odd.

I think i am compelled to agree with "MountainLaurel'
"...forthe moment I will give the FBI the benefit of the doubt that thier "motives" are to catch her killer."

What do you think? Are these descriptions too broad? Do they really point to anything out of the ordinary?

edit on 12-10-2012 by tpsreporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2012 by tpsreporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The tragic death of this little girl is heartbreaking....and for the moment I will give the FBI the benefit of the doubt that thier "motives" are to catch her killer.

I don't like this tread happening in the world to encourage people to spy on family, friends and nieghbors.....especially for such vague reasons...and no real "proof" those behaviors mean anything odd.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
You must have missed these 25 flyers that explains suspicious activity:

publicintelligence.net...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
well hell, I guess I'm on the suspicious list since I play paintball/airsoft...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Obviously it does not mean your best friend bob who just grew a beard, did it. A beard was an example anyways.
This is for people who live in the area because quite often the suspect lives close to the victim. It's to be on the lookout for any odd behaviour. Only you can know for yourself if ' bob ' is acting strange.

Put it this way if I lived near a missing child and noticed my husband watching, reading all the media about the crime, I would consider that very odd for him, because of how I know him to be. By rights I should call police and tell them I noticed this along with his vehicle being similar or whatever else might be making it possible.

If that was your little girl, I think you would want everybody to come forward with any leads no matter how silly they might think it is. The faster they can catch him, the better any evidence can be preserved, it only lasts so long. Or before he harms any others.

Remember this psychological profile was issued yesterday before they knew the body they found was Jessica's..
Was it?
Has this been confirmed yet?
As of then it was not known. Without knowing what police know, suppose it might be another little girl and Jessica is still alive with her captor?

top topics

join