It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween - The Highest Satanic Holy Day of The Year

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by adjensen

but that's not what the Bible, or rationality, teaches.

I'm sorry, but rationality doesn't agree with the Bible. So that's a moot point as well. When people think of "God", they think of three things - what they're afraid of "God" being, what they want "God" to be, and what they're told "God" is.

As long as they have a definition that serves what they want, fits what they told, and comforts their fears, they'll run with it.

Thank you for imparting your all-knowing wisdom, your holiness, you've really got the whole picture down there
If you don't see rationality in the premise of God, that's fine with me, but it is arrogant and crass to claim to know why anyone would come to the conclusions that they do.

Fear might motivate you, but rest assured that it has played no part in my spiritual life.

Regardless, Halloween is no more a "Satanic" holiday than Christmas is a Christian holiday.

Which, as I recall, you'll see was my opinion back on page one of this ridiculous thread.
edit on 22-10-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

If you don't see rationality in the premise of God, that's fine with me, but it is arrogant and crass to claim to know why anyone would come to the conclusions that they do.

Fear might motivate you, but rest assured that it has played no part in my spiritual life.

Arrogant? No, you just don't like the conclusions I come to.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I was referring to the story of abraham and issac.....
God did command a human sacrifice according to the story...which is the bible....
and, abraham was willing to do it, according to the story...which seems to indicate that it wasn't as an outrageous idea to him as it would be to most of us today....
the fact that God stopped him, in my opinion, a little on the irrelevant side of things...
I am just suggesting that what was written ages ago maybe not be the case today...
to say that they've found ancient writings that indicate the wiccans of old performed human sacrifices, so they must be doing it today also, is like me saying since there is ancient writings that have God commanding sacrifice, well, the christians must be doing it today also!!!

neither are true because the people today, for the most part have a entirely different culture than they did then!!

to claim that the high priestesses today are required to perform a human sacrifice on holloween, which the op does, is a lie....just like the claim that "the jews sacrifice christian children on their alters" was a common lie in depression era europe.

Stop spreading ignorant misinformation about something you clearly have no knowledge of.

why?? when op seem to have the desire to do the same???

and well, I think if we spent some time diving into what we believe why we believe it, and just where in time and place it originated, we could learn something....
some do claim that jahova was originally a volcano god, and if one does a search, on can find the reasoning behind it....
as it is, the claim has as much substance, if not more than "every priestess is obligated to have a human sacrifice on holloween" . my experience tells me that one is not true!!!!

edit on 23-10-2012 by dawnstar because: just wanted to add the short quote and reply to it....

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

found a link that explains just how jahova is connected to an ancient volcano god...
www.godweb.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

found a link that explains just how jahova is connected to an ancient volcano god...
www.godweb.org...

Yes, I've seen it -- it's all supposition and anthropomorphism in order to make a case that isn't there. One can use the same method to demonstrate that Jehovah is Zeus, Horus, the Flying Spaghetti Monster or KITT, the car from Knight Rider. It's nonsense.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The following is the entire text of Chapter 1 of a book by Harry Emerson Fosdick, tracing the emergence of the idea of God from the pages of the Hebrew and Christian Bibles. Fosdick was one of the pre-eminent preachers and theologians of the twentieth century and perhaps the most popular representative of liberal or progressive Christianity. His ideas and his leadership were decisive in the conflict between fundamentalism and moderism in the first half of the century. Readers will note that Fosdick asserted that the concept of God found in the Bible is not static or absolute, but rather an evolving one that progresses over time from the primitive monotheism of the earliest patriarchs toward the more refined notions of the prophets and the New Testament.)

so, what's your credentials??

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The following is the entire text of Chapter 1 of a book by Harry Emerson Fosdick, tracing the emergence of the idea of God from the pages of the Hebrew and Christian Bibles. Fosdick was one of the pre-eminent preachers and theologians of the twentieth century and perhaps the most popular representative of liberal or progressive Christianity. His ideas and his leadership were decisive in the conflict between fundamentalism and moderism in the first half of the century. Readers will note that Fosdick asserted that the concept of God found in the Bible is not static or absolute, but rather an evolving one that progresses over time from the primitive monotheism of the earliest patriarchs toward the more refined notions of the prophets and the New Testament.)

so, what's your credentials??

I'm not a liberal theologian, lol.

Liberal theology is a movement that deprives Christianity of its spirituality -- there are no miracles and all Bible stories must be reframed within a natural context. That a liberal theologian would use anthropomorphism to claim that Moses retitled a "volcano god" as the God of the Israelites should come as no surprise.

Research the "Quest for the historical Jesus" in the 1800s and you'll see where liberal theology ultimately leads.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Liberal theology is a movement that deprives Christianity of its spirituality

Liberal interpretations of "God"s nature aside, I fail to see how liberal theology is a bad thing. Liberal is progression and freedom, and when that is applied to any kind of spirituality that revolves around loving and understanding one another, that can only lead to positive change.

Of course, if you're a fundamentalist, I can immediately see where that poses a problem.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
actually, I think it goes back farther than the 19th century...
at one time it would have probably been considered "liberal" to think that the kings' power should be reduced, democracy should take their place, that bibles should be written in languages the common people could understand and that priests weren't needed to have sins forgiven....
just how "conservative" would the conservatives like us to be???
just keep in mind, the further back, the more conservative, and the less rights YOU have!!!

just wondering here, and this coming from someone who attended a pentecoastal chruch for a significant time.....
how do you explain the difference between the old testament and the new...
from go out and destroy the heathens, take their lands and stone the sinners to love your enemies and forgive those who trespass??? from this little tiny group are the chosen few, to salvation is open to everyone??

at least this "liberal theologian" gave a decent attempt to explain it, based on reasearch and facts is seems...

www.newadvent.org...

The Bible, especially the Old Testament, abounds in anthropomorphic expressions. Almost all the activities of organic life are ascribed to the Almighty. He speaks, breathes, sees, hears; He walks in the garden; He sits in the heavens, and the earth is His footstool.

www.newadvent.org...

maybe there was a good reason to use it?? like umm...I don't know, the authors of the bible used it, ???

edit on 23-10-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Liberal theology is a movement that deprives Christianity of its spirituality

Liberal interpretations of "God"s nature aside, I fail to see how liberal theology is a bad thing. Liberal is progression and freedom, and when that is applied to any kind of spirituality that revolves around loving and understanding one another, that can only lead to positive change.

Ummm.... no, "liberal theology" has nothing to do with political liberalism. It is a very specific movement, begun in 1800s Germany, which attempts to reconcile philosophical naturalism, an idea that arose during the Age of Enlightenment, with Christian theology, despite the fact that the two are largely contradictory things. The result is the dismissal of any supernatural components of the story of Christ (so, no miracles, no resurrection, no divinity) -- in essence, a Christianity that is a shell of itself.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

It is a very specific movement, begun in 1800s Germany, which attempts to reconcile philosophical naturalism, an idea that arose during the Age of Enlightenment, with Christian theology, despite the fact that the two are largely contradictory things.

They are only contradictory according to how they are viewed. They are easily reconciled, but you want all the fancy flash and jangle as well, and such things are petty.

The result is the dismissal of any supernatural components of the story of Christ (so, no miracles, no resurrection, no divinity) -- in essence, a Christianity that is a shell of itself.

Do you see divinity in miracles, or miracles in divinity? Those "miracles" should not represent divinity,but if they are required for your religion to mean something, Christianity is far more shallow than I had believed.

Spirituality is veneration for the power of intent, not worship of the physical miracles that can be worked. That's where Christianity has gone astray - it places far too much importance on the physical aspects...not to mention it forever harps on about what once was, and not what is.

I get tired of hearing the same old stories. What have they done for us today? Where do we see miracles being worked today? Where is the salvation for mankind? All I see is waiting and judgment. Am I to respect that? I think not.
edit on 23-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Theological liberalism, sometimes known as Protestant Liberalism, is a theological movement rooted in the early 19th century German Enlightenment, notably in the philosophy of Immanuel Kant and the religious views of Friedrich Schleiermacher. It is an attempt to incorporate modern thinking and developments, especially in the sciences, into the Christian faith. Liberalism tends to emphasize ethics over doctrine and experience over Scriptural authority. While essentially a 19th century movement, theological liberalism came to dominate the American mainline churches in the early 20th century. Liberal Christian scholars embraced and encouraged the higher biblical criticism of modern Biblical scholarship.

www.theopedia.com...

so instead of claiming the world is flat, the bible says so, so persecute the fool who says otherwise, it take a closer look at science, and reality and realizes, ya, it's is globed shaped...
and this is bad??

what if God never breaks any of his natural laws, and thus all those unexplained miracles could be explained, and that it's our science that is inadequate???
then anything that christ did, we have the power to do also, if we only knew how!!!

but what this has to do with witches sacrificing children on holloween, I ain't sure....oh, ya, you seemed to support the idea by mentioning that there have been records found from years gone by that seem to substantiate it....
and, well, there seems to be records from years gone by that seem to indicate that the Christian God occasionally orders one to sacrifice humans, and that his origin is a pagan volcano god....

none of those documents say much as to what people of today believe though, do they???? and, that is my point!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It is a very specific movement, begun in 1800s Germany, which attempts to reconcile philosophical naturalism, an idea that arose during the Age of Enlightenment, with Christian theology, despite the fact that the two are largely contradictory things.

They are only contradictory according to how they are viewed. They are easily reconciled, but you want all the fancy flash and jangle as well, and such things are petty.

How is philosophical naturalism "easily reconciled" to Christianity?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

part of the reason there is not that many miracles today is that the people are more prone to look for solutions in other places other than god, like medicine, science, ect.

when we were attacked on 9/11...
what was the cry from the chirstian church?? was it "God, protect us"?? or was it Washington, send in the army, the air force, the marines, we want vengence!!!
just saying...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

so instead of claiming the world is flat, the bible says so, so persecute the fool who says otherwise, it take a closer look at science, and reality and realizes, ya, it's is globed shaped...
and this is bad??

Actually, the "flat Earth" thing is a myth -- hardly no one (including Christians) ever thought that the Earth was flat. Here's a page on it: The Myth of the Flat Earth.

but what this has to do with witches sacrificing children on holloween, I ain't sure....oh, ya, you seemed to support the idea by mentioning that there have been records found from years gone by that seem to substantiate it....

What are you talking about? I said, quite clearly on page one, that the premise of this thread is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

okay, looked back through the thread, it was blue jay that brought in the fact that there are records of old indicated that human sacrifice may of taken place by the pagan wiccans...
then I countered, then you countered my post, sorry....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Probably because if there was any hope in asking "God" for help, we would never have needed to ask him for mercy, because he would have stopped those planes without being asked.

You know, what any self-respecting father would do.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

By addressing the second portion of my post, which you conveniently overlooked or omitted.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

By addressing the second portion of my post, which you conveniently overlooked or omitted.

I don't think that you understand the concept of philosophical naturalism, then. Under that school of thought, there is no such thing as spirituality, so the second part of your post has no bearing on "easily reconciling philosophical naturalism and Christianity."

The fact that you don't see miracles doesn't mean that miracles are nonexistent -- absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. And, given that Christianity is utterly reliant on miracles (in the distant past, if nowhere else,) removing them from the picture results in a religion that bears no resemblance to Christianity.

Philosophical naturalism and Christianity are polar opposites, there is no way to reconcile them, at all, much less "easily."

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

and, well, there seems to be records from years gone by that seem to indicate that the Christian God occasionally orders one to sacrifice humans, and that his origin is a pagan volcano god....

Uh, no the God of jews and christians both never ordered anyone to sacrifice humans at all, in fact i seem to recall him having ordered the execution of quite a few pagans who did sacrifice their children, burning their infants and toddlers alive on a altar to Moloch and no, Jesus is not a volcano God, volcanoes do not walk amoung their own people.
edit on 24-10-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join