Halloween - The Highest Satanic Holy Day of The Year

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
Looks like the OP struck a nerve. Did he mentioned Wiccans specifically? Everyone has a right to their opinion.

yes - freedom of speech and all that... but if one's opinion is derived from ignorance, fear & condemnation, well no sh!t it's going to strike a nerve. and i will exercise my same freedom to say as much.

and no, the OP did not mention Wiccans, specifically. however, if a thread was created condemning Easter, but does not specifically refer to Christians... well, gee, i wonder what culture that thread is talking about?!?!??!? silly stuff, man.

-if someone walks into a place looking for a fight... then gets into a fight- well, i'm not sure what the Gestapo has to do with it? dude got what he came for.

i would expect as much if i started a thread condemning another culture.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

It is a time to party and wear sexy clothes.. Really it has nothing to do with Satan any-more... Let your hair down and enjoy life. It is short.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by onedering

It never did have anything to do with Satan, unless someone happened to associate it with dark energies in their own mind. As a general tradition, though...yeah, never had anything to do with that.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Listen to yourselves.

This thread is turning into a lynch mob simply because the OP made a few mistakes.

The world is thriving with lost spirits that pass through every sinner every day.

Where do you think all of the worlds hatred comes from, especially those targeting Christians.

Do you know he might be an enemy of YHWH, makes a thread to provoke anger from athiests and non-christians to analyse just how close this world is to Albert Pikes 'World War 3'.

Low and behold, everyone just cannot wait to persecute (massacre) every Christian there is on this planet.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

Next time you want to know how a witch celebrates a holiday, just ask one of us.

I cannot express just how many ways you are wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisb9

For all of the believer's in Jesus Christ - the battle has already been won!

For all of the wiccan's and worshippers of satan, it is never too late to repent and turn back to God.

Lilith and Cernunnos are both forgiving of ignorance so you still have a chance. In fact, you can be as narrow and evil as you like in your hateful religion and we'll still accept you in a future life.

You see, you'll never hear a Pagan threaten one of your kind with "hell" or "torment". Because we don't need to. When you feel the call of a divine force that is not fear-based, you know it for what it is. When you come around, you'll be welcomed.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Halloween doesn't really seem that bad and your christmas holiday now thats a horror story there right now it is a commercial holiday and your right it wasn't christs birthday

Roman pagans first introduced the holiday of Saturnalia, a week long period of lawlessness celebrated between December 17-25. During this period, Roman courts were closed, and Roman law dictated that no one could be punished for damaging property or injuring people during the weeklong celebration. The festival began when Roman authorities chose “an enemy of the Roman people” to represent the “Lord of Misrule.” Each Roman community selected a victim whom they forced to indulge in food and other physical pleasures throughout the week. At the festival’s conclusion, December 25th, Roman authorities believed they were destroying the forces of darkness by brutally murdering this innocent man or woman.

he ancient Greek writer poet and historian Lucian (in his dialogue entitled Saturnalia) describes the festival’s observance in his time. In addition to human sacrifice, he mentions these customs: widespread intoxication; going from house to house while singing naked; rape and other sexual license; and consuming human-shaped biscuits (still produced in some English and most German bakeries during the Christmas season).

In the 4th century CE, Christianity imported the Saturnalia festival hoping to take the pagan masses in with it. Christian leaders succeeded in converting to Christianity large numbers of pagans by promising them that they could continue to celebrate the Saturnalia as Christians

The problem was that there was nothing intrinsically Christian about Saturnalia. To remedy this, these Christian leaders named Saturnalia’s concluding day, December 25th, to be Jesus’ birthday.

Christians had little success, however, refining the practices of Saturnalia. As Stephen Nissenbaum, professor history at the University of Massachussetts, Amherst, writes, “In return for ensuring massive observance of the anniversary of the Savior’s birth by assigning it to this resonant date, the Church for its part tacitly agreed to allow the holiday to be celebrated more or less the way it had always been.” The earliest Christmas holidays were celebrated by drinking, sexual indulgence, singing naked in the streets (a precursor of modern caroling), etc.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Didnt the salem witch trials happen because some people made a few mistakes? A pagan witch should never trust a devot christian point in case Exodus 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

as a satanist, i can vouch here. halloween was originally called samhain. i don't know what isn't satanic about halloween. the only day of the year i am happy
edit on 13-10-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
All Hallows eve is not evil.

The idea that people want to make it "evil" is kinda weird. You do know that most "christian" holidays mark pagan holidays don't you? It goes back to a time of conversion...when it was easier to "integrate" a day rather than demonize it. Easter and Christmas come to mind first.

I will enjoy the festivities...I am not so drowned in dogma as to not be able to enjoy a wonderful holiday...I love Halloween....it is a fun and festive celebration of the harvest...and so much more. Get the stick out of your...er....you know. Have fun, use it for whatever you wish...but it is not an "evil" celebration.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by darknull
reply to post by Rapha

Didnt the salem witch trials happen because some people made a few mistakes? A pagan witch should never trust a devot christian point in case Exodus 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Exactly. I don't see any Pagan, Wiccan, Asatru, etc doctrines that command us to not "suffer a Christian to live".

"Persecuted" my ass. Every single Abrahamic faith has commandments to kill somebody because of their beliefs. Muslims, Jews, Christians. All of them.

If I shout in the street that I intend to kill everybody wearing hats and the police come to get me, I have not right to cry "They are persecuting me because of my intolerance!"

All that aside, I have no hate for Christians and neither do the vast majority of the people that they think do.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Where do you think all of the worlds hatred comes from, especially those targeting Christians.

Do you know he might be an enemy of YHWH, makes a thread to provoke anger from athiests and non-christians to analyse just how close this world is to Albert Pikes 'World War 3'.

Low and behold, everyone just cannot wait to persecute (massacre) every Christian there is on this planet.

it is your hyperbole that conjures "massacres & persecution".

what you will actually find on this thread are several folk who are, rightfully so, offended by the OP's foul portrayal of a holiday that is sacred to some, and plain ol' fun to others.

are we not allowed to defend our positions and voice our frustrations for fear of starting Mr. Pike's War?

please do not mistake heated retort for hate.

edit on 13-10-2012 by mythos because: type-o, darnit.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Right I was southern baptist for a long time didnt even know what paganism was first girlfriend I had come to find out was a witch. It really didnt bother me what did was she was afraid to tell me later on found out alot of my friends were to and I got to learn a lot about a lot of different religions. Im kind of glad that I didnt get that intolerance drilled into me.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
reply to post by chrisb9

as a satanist, i can vouch here. halloween was originally called samhain. i don't know what isn't satanic about halloween. the only day of the year i am happy
edit on 13-10-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

Samhain is not a "Satanic" holiday in origin. Satanists co-opted it just like the Christians did but it predates both. It was called "Oidhche Shamhna" even before that.

It was never about God or Satan. It's simply an observance of the wheel of the year. A time to reap the second harvest. Same as the rest of the seasonal markers in the year.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

What form of satanism do you follow?

I just realized something did the op say halloween is satans bday. lol wasnt satan created not born at the same time as the rest of the angels?
edit on 13-10-2012 by darknull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

How do you explain this!?!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Celebrating halloween gives power to satan and indoctrinates society.
It does not matter if you believe this to be true or not it still is the outcome.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Can you explain to me how it does that?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

xian propaganda?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

No it doesn't. What a maroon....it is simply a celebration of the harvest. It was paranoia that made it something it never was.

I hope you do realize the imagery is an ancient effort to "trick" the evil powers....it is not about giving in to evil...it is about overcoming it with trickery....oh wait...that would require free thought and if you are drowning in religious dogma...you cannot appreciate free thought.

Halloween is a wonderful time....everyone...ignore the morons. This is my absolute favorite time of the year, I love fall. there is a smell in the air...a feeling...I can't describe it but I love it. I will take fall over all the other seasons...it just feels right...and Halloween is the hallmark celebration of this time of year....to me...even more than Thanksgiving...which is a great holiday...but pales in comparison to Halloween.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join