Halloween - The Highest Satanic Holy Day of The Year

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Nope. It is a pagan trinitarian holiday.

Christians are trinitarian as well...otherwise, whenever the ghost, Jesus, or "God" is mentioned, they would just designate all three with one of those titles and scrap the rest. But no, they insist on giving each on its own identity throughout the Bible.

Hence, trinitarian.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I don't have an issue with the OP expressing his fundamentalist belief system, but blatant lies -- like "all high priests must perform a human sacrifice on October 31st" is anathema to the stated purpose and function of this site, and should be discouraged wherever it is encountered.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

It seems to me that most modern Christians do not know the history of their own faith.

All Hallows Eve is a Christian holy day is it not?

Do yourself a favor and look up something before you post it, you will therefore reduce your chance of looking like a fool.

All Hallows Eve

I was raised in a country that once was pretty much run by the Catholic church, we were forced to go to mass on All Hallows Eve when we were kids, then we could put our costumes on and go 'trick or treatin'.

edit on 13-10-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I like how Mrs. Blankenship explains Halloween...spooky!

edit on 10/13/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
so eating candy on Halloween is satanic

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
so eating candy on Halloween is satanic

Only satanic candy made from the blood of virgins.

So Hersheys is out, but Brach's is okay.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
don't be such a drama queen "shoving their beliefs down other throats"- ffs don't read the thread then it is his opinion or are only non Christians entitled to espouse their opinions

When the OP twist's history and adds inaccuricies to make it fit with Christian beliefs, then starts telling people that its not to late to repent and find Jesus, telling us a harmless holiday is evil then yes i consider it 'shoving their beliefs down our throats'.

When I read the title I expected maybe some true facts or justification, so I came to participate in a discussion only to find it's someone preaching

BTW I'm FEMALE! Ooooohh look I can use 'caps lock too'

makes no sense; HE is talking about someone shoving beliefs down another’s throat, in relation to a discussion forum, in relation to a post on a discussion forum, a forum where you post your opinions and beliefs- so presumably his issue is with anyone of a Christian background doing so./

edit on 13-10-2012 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Make sure you follow the rules of Halloween:

1. Wear a costume
2. Pass out candy
3. Never blow out a jack-o-lantern

...or you may not live to see tomorrow!

link   

Originally posted by starshift
Does this mean I should burn my Jesus costume?I was so looking forward to handing out the bread of my body to these cannibals.
edit on 12-10-2012 by starshift because: mispell
Try dressing up as Mohammed and see how you get on.

link   
Actually the original Christian Church, merely adopted it, so it seems to be fundamentalists who are so disrespectful and fearful of the traditions of others.

However Satanic ritualists wreck all the days they can, but their crimes are not ours.

www.albee.org...

There was nothing satanic about its origins.

Just as today, in those days, having respect for others beliefs and the good they prayed for with the faith to believe that Good was watching over, is needed.

And for the fundamentalists, who live in rigid boxes, I hope you are paying attention to what the comets Elenin and I "son" mean, and what its all about, the new cycle. Tptb world mismanagers think its come time to wind down this cycle, and bring in a new cycle and a new sungod. Out of their symbolic Egyptian dung beetle, Cancer Constellation no less.

You really want some occultists, look at your leaders and who they serves which isn't the ppl. I am waiting for a cycle, its the one when the mismanagers get the cosmic arrest team taking them to places where they be healed for real.
edit on 13-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

I love Halloween.

Gaw, you need to ditch your religious paranoia to feel the excitement. What Halloween symbolizes for me is mystery and intrigue, not at all like the evilness that you perceive in it.

I suppose that's partly because I don't believe in good or evil. When I see a person dressed as a goblin or zombie or witch or demon or cultist or what have you, I see self-expression. It's EXCITING. It's like throwing the chains that bind us to the floor and running free and sprouting wings and flying into the night. There's no evil there. That's just the child trapped inside us wanting to be free.

Evilness, if that's what you call it, is to me chaos. A murderer is a person undone. Halloween is not about glorifying murderers, it's about losing our clothes and identity and being free. A person dressed as a zombie doesn't want to be a zombie. When I read a science fiction novel about a virus that invades a space station and must be contained I am not wishing in my heart for that to be real. Rather, I'm reading it because I want some excitement and knowing that it's NOT real pulls me in and allows me to enjoy it. At the end of the day, you have to learn to separate fantasy from reality. But many religious people don't learn how to do that. They're blind. They're legalized insanity. If we had people like that running our libraries and writing our books then this would a terribly boring life. And that's not considering the chaos it would bring with it by oppressing people's self-expression.
edit on 13-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Like the roman god Janus and the 7 hills of Janus that the Vatican was built on, the Cancer Constellation is about doorways to heavenly regions, and Janus is about gateways, doorways, as well. The mystery school sets cancer as the birth place of our sun, and must have taken that quite seriously because scientists studied it and disproved it, as a Cornwell University article speaks of.

Janus is their two faced god at least how he is depicted, the duality but the older images of this are a finer more delicate side and then the male side, so actually symbolically the true duality is Mom and Dad.

And yet fundamentalists would target Celtic beliefs, rather than pay attention to the times and stand on guard against NWO and the depopulation they're been enacting with depleted uranium, Fukushima, BP, GMO, wars, starvation, diseases, and trying to spread serfdom and fundmentalism and inequality and abuse of women everywhere.

People with rigid faith's are choosing to fight the battles here. Humanity is not your enemy. The mismanagement team is another story. Enemy is a division word, and we need Love and compassion for them too.

edit on 13-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I find it frightening that your grasp of history is so weak that you confuse Celtic paganism with Satanism. The Celts were not Satanists. Ancient Celtic "pagansim" never included Satan as a deity or spirit. The idea of Satan was created from the many horned or antlered spirits found in many pagan "religions." This was done to make paganism look evil in the face of christianity. In the case of the Celts, this was Cernunnos, who has a deer's antlers. Even Wicca has nothing to do with Satan. Nothing at all. The Celtic holiday thought to be associated with Halloween is Samhain, which was not a day for summoning the dead, as you claim, but was instead a day of honoring the dead within the pagan community.

This part you have about druids is demonstrably false. Its a lie. I don't know where your source got this "information" but there is no truth to it. Did you even bother to confirm any of this information with anyone involved in, I don't know, maybe, history?

Divination: once again you have mixed up Satan with Celtic paganism. Satan was not an entity within the Celtic mythology at any time in history, and still is not. And regarding their superstitions, which I don't know much about; is it really that unusual when compared to kneeling and praying, or eating and drinking the symbolic bread and blood of your christ?

Sacrifices: There is literally ZERO evidence, apart from vague Roman writings about sacrifices, but it was common for the conquerers of a people to "demonize" that people.

The Middle Ages: By this time the Celts has mostly been wiped out and what bloodlines were left from them had been violently forced to assimilate into christianity. Thus, the people supposedly worshipping Satan were not Celts, per say. There were no druids left by that time to worship evil cats, either.

About modern Halloween, I really don't care. An absurd OP full of false claims and nonsense.
edit on 13-10-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
this post, to me, is profoundly disturbing. as a Wiccan Minister, i find the ignorance, fear & hate present to be utterly vile.

Samhain (All Hallow's Eve) is a Sabbat (Holy Day) of reverence, introspection, and celebration for our ancestors (it is no coincidence that Dias de los Muertos & All Souls Day are all found at the same time).

it is, primarily, a celebration of the last harvest before winter.

all 8 Wiccan Sabbats celebrate the cycles of the earth (Yule, Ostara, Beltane, etc). next thing you'll tell me is that the earth is of Satan. blech!!!!!!!!

Satan is a construct of the Christian faith and it appalls me how brazenly others are labeled as such by these zealots.

and then these same Christians will have the gall to say that is is THEY that are being persecuted.
ridiculous!

what does Jesus say - "remove the speck from your own eye before you point out the speck in your brothers?" sounds like good advice to me.

finally... ATS is a communal forum, where members of all nationalities, perspectives, races, religions (and no religions) are free to exchange ideas with (a somewhat) mutual respect... but when one group labels a whole other group as EVIL.... well then, i suppose "deny ignorance" loses a bit of its sentiment.

may the Goddess & the God bless you, irregardless of your bias.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by chrisb9

Not once have you called it by it's real name? All Hallows Eve...

All Hallows' Eve falls on 31st October each year, and is the day before All Hallows' Day, also known as All Saints' Day in the Christian calendar. The Church traditionally held a vigil on All Hallows' Eve when worshippers would prepare themselves with prayers and fasting prior to the feast day itself.

The name derives from the Old English 'hallowed' meaning holy or sanctified and is now usually contracted to the more familiar word Hallowe'en.

BBC Religion

This is exactly what I had come here to say. OP, you have a bit more research to do. The church held a sort of ritual the night before All Saints' Day.... Kind of an interesting yet, slightly dull history.

You want a good factual read for Halloween? Read up on the origins and history of baptism. Or as it was originally called Exo-baptism. They used to believe that a baby did not have a soul until it was born. That it was soulless while in Utero, so they feared the possibility of a demon entering the babies body before it was born...So to save the baby from any potential demons they would perform an exo-baptism.

Then over the years, they realized just how silly a belief that was and they dropped the exorcism part out of the baptism ritual and over time, it became what it is today.

( My source for that being college...Wont learn THAT in high school history class
)

What I am getting at OP, is don't put too much stock into something that has it's origins in an archaic time. A time when they thought epilepsy was caused by the devil and they performed Exo-Baptisms on new born babies...

Traditions chance and the reasons things are done change as well. I think you will be hard pressed to find many people worried about chasing away evil spirits, OP...But I bet you will find lots of kids worried about how they are going to carry all that candy
edit on 13-10-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Trick or treat......smell my feet.....give me something good to eat!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Next you'll start a thread crying about the fact that people say happy holidays instead of merry christmas.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Looks like the OP struck a nerve. Did he mentioned Wiccans specifically? Everyone has a right to their opinion, would not want to mimic the Gestapo...would we?

I used to like Halloween and i see no semblance to any supposed pagan holiday.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by truejew

Christians are trinitarian as well...otherwise, whenever the ghost, Jesus, or "God" is mentioned, they would just designate all three with one of those titles and scrap the rest. But no, they insist on giving each on its own identity throughout the Bible.

Hence, trinitarian.

Nope. Christians are monotheists

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

It seems to me that most modern Christians do not know the history of their own faith.

All Hallows Eve is a Christian holy day is it not?

Do yourself a favor and look up something before you post it, you will therefore reduce your chance of looking like a fool.

All Hallows Eve

I was raised in a country that once was pretty much run by the Catholic church, we were forced to go to mass on All Hallows Eve when we were kids, then we could put our costumes on and go 'trick or treatin'.

edit on 13-10-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

Catholics are trinitarian pagans.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join