It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MonSatan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Europe is reacting against Monsanto and GMOs.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

And it's not just Russia that's appalled by what's been learned. The French government asked European authorities to "take all necessary measures to protect human and animal health, measures that could go as far as emergency suspension of imports" of GM corn in the entire European Union.

But the eugenecist monsters are --pissed-- , and hence, thus:

But U.S. diplomatic cables released by WikiLeaks show that the U.S. government has been conspiring to retaliate against Europe for refusing to use GM seeds, by engaging in aggressive trade wars against reluctant nations.
The cables showed that the U.S. government, working with biotech firms, has planned to "retaliate" against those who attempted to stop the spread of GM crops. They recommended causing "pain" in the EU and to be prepared for a prolonged battle.
The U.S. is far and away the world's driving political and agricultural force behind GMOs in the food supply, but even here change is on the horizon. Surveys find that 91 percent of the American public supports the labeling of genetically engineered foods, and that 53 percent of Americans in 2009 said they would choose non-GMO brands if labels gave them a choice.
Monsanto is terrified that the "right to know" through labeling of GMOs could well be a tipping point.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Oct 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I can tell you both this, your off-topic, simple.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodParticle
Wow, this site is full of casual sheep! How about you do some more research and then you'll understand that caring about anything that's pushed out of any "major", or even "minor" news sites is utterly pointless.

Edit: Let me elaborate. You are speaking as if these things are single entities, such as saying "europe" as if it's one person, which is right of the bat a fallacy only middle schoolers make. Secondly you seem to think that this entertainment called journalism is the truth that actually affects this world.
edit on 12-10-2012 by GodParticle because: Elaboration required

This site is for everyone to speak on. There's nothing wrong with the post he/she put up. He/she saw some news that is worthy of putting up and he/she is speaking on their opinion. You will learn good habits by speaking from the mind to mouth rather from your seat to the keyboard.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So the point is, don't eat GMO, or you will turn into a zombie and die of a horrible disease. Gotta go

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Monsatan - I like it...

The word is out from too many sources on the long term dangers to the public health presented by GMO foods. It seems, from what I have read recently, that Monsanto did studies on the safety of the GMO products; but they were very short term. At least one of Monsanto's own scientists (or so I read somewhere) did his own long term study and the word got out.

Now there are several long term studies that have been done by several different labs that show conclusively that long term consumption of GMO foods can lead to cancer, multiple organ failure and a few other bad things.

One of the studies that I saw the results of was done by feeding lab rats GMO potatoes and a control group of rats normal non GMO potatoes. The study lasted for several (I can't remember how many) months and the rats on the GMO diet developed tumors, damaged kidneys and livers and more while the rats in the control group fed a non GMO diet were just fine.

Now there are many organizations both here in the USA and overseas demanding a complete ban on GMO foods.

But here is the problem, even if they do ban the GMO crops they have already been planted in too many countries, including some third world countries that don't have the same concern for human life as most of the rest of us do, and have had time to cross pollinate with other non GMO crops and the genie is out of the bottle. Sadly, it may be next to impossible to put it back in the bottle completely.

As one example of such cross pollination, a farmer who was raising an organic corn crop near one of Monsanto's GMO corn fields had his crop become contaminated with GMO DNA due to the careless uncovered truck transport of GMO material (that included the GMO pollen) past the organic field at a time when pollination was happening naturally. When Monsanto found out about the GMO contaminated organic corn they took the farmer to court and sued to have him destroy, without compensation, his entire crop because it contained patented DNA from Monsanto GMO corn. Monsanto, who quite likely "owned" most of the judges in the area, won and the organic farmer lost an entire years profit.

But the more important point to this little story is that it is entirely possible that most of the similar non GMO crops that reproduce by air or insect borne pollination are open to cross contamination with the GMO crops DNA.

Here are some links to sites with relevant material...

LINK 1

LINK 2

LINK 3

LINK 4

LINK 5

LINK 6

LINK 7

LINK 8

LINK 9

LINK 10

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Tell your CA friends, relatives about proposition 37 - mandatory labelling of GMO. Monsanto can be run to ground easily enough if nobody buys their products but first we have to know what those products are. And by the by...I agree with you - MonSatan.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Where is your link for the Wikileaks information? It's not in the Huffington post article.

I'd like to read those wikileaks and digest them first hand. I want details. If there is any truth to it, we can't combat it without details.

GMO's are so bad, they are Outlawed in the Monsanto cafeteria ! gizadeathstar.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Read about this a while ago, the language used in some of the supposed cables irritated me to say the least

Some articles out there that have covered this, with some quotable material and additional links

www.naturalnews.com...
www.democracynow.org...
edit on 13-10-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

Second link may not work as this has been done from a mobile ....but if it doesn't ....I'm sure you'll figure it out

edit on 13-10-2012 by Neocrusader because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

Cut from an earlier post of mine ( sorry hate repeating myself ) just incase someone feels the need to point out this is duplicated content

From the US ambassador to France

""Europe is moving backwards not forwards on this issue with France playing a leading role, along with Austria, Italy and even the [European] Commission... Moving to retaliation will make clear that the current path has real costs to EU interests and could help strengthen European pro-biotech voice."

"Country team Paris recommends that we calibrate a target retaliation list that causes some pain across the EU since this is a collective responsibility, but that also focuses in part on the worst culprits. The list should be measured rather than vicious and must be sustainable over the long term, since we should not expect an early victory..."

edit on 13-10-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

join