It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Young girl committed suicide by social media !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia
It is so sad when someone does this.

Being said.now what a terrible thing to happen..

The outrage should be the blaming of others for this mentally unstable persons
actions. No one held a gun to her head and made her kill her self.

Am I happy" hell no.

I am sick of people not taking personal responsibility.

If it wasnt this issue the lady killed.her self it would.another.

Social media.did not kill this girl SHE DID

There was a lot more to it than Facebook bullying...did you actually watch her video? Or, did you just post on here to show how thoughtless and callous you can be when someone takes their own life? You obviously put zero effort into learning why she took her own life.

She moved several times, and was harassed, bullied, and beaten, in real life. It wasn't just when she was on the internet. The bullying is a direct cause of her killing herself, and just because you can take people treating you badly, doesn't mean everyone can. Everyone is different, and some people just can't stand up to others, and cannot take harassment. They do not want to live, and can't see a way to live when every day of their life is full of depression and hatred towards them.

That is what bullying does, and people who have never been through it, or don't understand why someone would want to take their own life, please do us all a favor, and keep your heartless posts to yourself. There was enough bullying in this girl's life, she doesn't need to be bullied and made fun of in death, as she was in life.

edit on 12-10-2012 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThorsBrother

Not alot of things in this world leave me speechless but....

yeah...

How things have changed over the years, especially the last ten years.

Not the first and not the last i'm afraid.

Shocking.

people are more vile, uncaring and unforgiving then they use to be.........

If anyone says different they are lying, blind, or fooling themselves.......

The issue is us as a society and yet we speed this progression on.......we encourage it, through policies , poltical correctness........race baiting, reality TV, and our overall LACK of character, and compassion for other people...

If you think what we do today doesnt effect tomorrow...........look at where we are now, compared to where we were 10 years ago......and the light-year jump in how we treat each other.....

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You may say that, looking back at your youth, but now there are far more outlets for the youth of today to be bullied and picked on and because of online interaction it is alot harder to escape from. Once an ill-timed picture is captured, that can be it, you may never hear the end of it no matter how innocent your personality may be.

I'm not saying she is an angel but it is alot harder to shake a reputation these days than it was just 10 years ago

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

And what is even worse about schools, is that teachers dont give a #.
In some cases they even join in on the bullying.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb

There was a lot more to it than Facebook bullying...did you actually watch her video? Or, did you just post on here to show how thoughtless and callous you can be when someone takes their own life? You obviously put zero effort into learning why she took her own life.

She moved several times, and was harassed, bullied, and beaten, in real life. It wasn't just when she was on the internet. The bullying is a direct cause of her killing herself, and just because you can take people treating you badly, doesn't mean everyone can. Everyone is different, and some people just can't stand up to others, and cannot take harassment. They do not want to live, and can't see a way to live when every day of their life is full of depression and hatred towards them.

That is what bullying does, and people who have never been through it, or don't understand why someone would want to take their own life, please do us all a favor, and keep your heartless posts to yourself. There was enough bullying in this girl's life, she doesn't need to be bullied and made fun of in death, as she was in life.

edit on 12-10-2012 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

There are weak minded people in this world, there are strong minded people.
During the holocaust, Jews endured a hell of a lot more
and they fought for their.lives. Did Ann frank take.a.gun
and blow her brains.out... no she fought and.fought
and fought. Dont give me that BS

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Its not that I blame face-book or you tube but what I hope is that they do more effort to intercept , situations where the danger appears to occur to them selfs or others. They could write programs that intercept single person videos and audio filter it on like, bombs and suicides and drugs you name allot more. Then you can be much more accurate intercept people who will do harm.

well alone "report a felony button will scare most off I think? "

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

If you do not understand that people in this world are different from you, and cannot take something that you can take, then you are the one who is weak minded.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

A ridiculous comparison if i may say so. The fact that Anne Frank had, what she thought was a great thing to fight for (like pretty much every allied soldier), FREEDOM...

Amanda was alone and bullied, with what appeared to be no way out and no hope wherever she went, is a whole different kettle of fish.
edit on 12/10/2012 by ThorsBrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

edit on 12-10-2012 by popcornmafia because: put on pg 1

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

You're absolutely correct, I have seen it for myself. Particularly pampered and allowed to get away with all kinds of bad behavior are the jocks and cheerleaders, especially here in Texas. The teachers tend to protect them, for whatever reason.

I remember when my oldest girl was in grade school, she had a nasty bully. I talked to the teacher about it, who acted helpless and idiotic about it. I blew up and said, "Oh, so she has to attend school here by law, and yet when she gets here, she is badgered, harassed and bullied, and I'm supposed to accept that? If you teachers are going to allow this crap, then I should have a solid defense for not sending her here when the truant officer comes knocking."

The teacher just sat there like a dummy and had nothing to say.

So I did something I'm not proud of. I pulled the kid aside after school one day and told him in his ear that, if he kept harassing my kid, I was going to go to his house at night and do something really terrible to him. I've actually done this on several occasions, to several bullies over the years, and they always stopped. I guess I must look a bit psycho or something. Am I sorry I did it? Not at all.

For those who say, you should have homeschooled, that was back when homeschooling was not recognized by the state, and I was also working by necessity

For those who say that I crossed the line when threatening a child, I regret nothing. I never said what I was going to do, I let their imaginations run with it. In reality, what I would have done is go and speak to their parents.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Act like I am some.bad guy.. Get a clue

You are, and you are also way off topic.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThorsBrother

A ridiculous comparison if i may say so. The fact that Anne Frank had, what she thought was a great thing to fight for (like pretty much every allied soldier), FREEDOM...

Amanda was alone and bullied, with what appeared to be no way out and no hope wherever she went, is a whole different kettle of fish.

Dont feed the trolls.........

When it happens to someone he loves, he will cry out "Why didnt someone do something, What is wrong with people , why did they do this!"

And all his bravado will go out the window

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Not feeding the trolls mate but thanks.

Just trying to get him to look at it from a different perspective and not be totally ignorant of the effects of bullying. Just because a strong minded person that happened to write a diary didn't kill herself does not mean another person who might not be as mentally strong and not supported by others going through the same thing won't commit suicide.

Hopefully he won't go through anything like this with his own family!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Its good to see that they can't get away with that, But it to be stopped sooner I think, Social boards like face book should be more focused on intercepting Signals like Amanda Todd, and other dangerous things that are brewed everyday on those boards.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
put on pg 1 so what i was saying came out correct
edit on 12-10-2012 by popcornmafia because: put on pg 1 so what i was saying came out correct

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Kids will always bully kids..its sad but its always been that way and it will never stop.

Ive seen the same video format so many times now

and on and on...theres 100's on youtube.

edit on 12-10-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Ok now your going to bully me and call me names like *troll* for my opinion.. Be careful someone might kill themselves over that. Since shes a beautiful upper middle class white girl who
made a youtube video before killing herself
makes me so sad inside because people like Anne Frank never
did anything to bring what happen upon themselves and over half the people
watching this youtube video dont even know who she is.. Very on topic and very disturbing.
Proceed to berate me and call me names hope you all feel better.
For everyone else there is always hope NEVER give up like this girl.
Do what Anne Frank did and FIGHT for your life and family.
edit on 12-10-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

Do you think if Anne Frank was alive today she wouldn't be all up in Youtube? She wrote a book about her life.... Times change, this is the new, youthful way of getting across to people. If Amanda had written a book, would it have been any better, no.... Get with the times, the youth are changing and so are the way things are done.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

you know I respect everybodies point in this , and this girl was no more special as al the other young people who died sadly by suicide or wars. but she also an example for what is happening in social media networks . and that is that has to be social and not suicidal network,or lets kill alot of civilians network . also a point that I trying to make is that this media were using has to save and fun to do . so just like Anne Frank this is example of what happens to some young soul that's being harrased untill death was the only way out.
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Kids will always bully kids..its sad but its always been that way and it will never stop.

And it starts young and it's not because of social media. Social media just expands the bully's domain. My youngest son is in 3rd grade, he's 8. Since day one, of this school year, there's a boy in his class who has been relentlessly mean to him. His dad and I went into the school yesterday morning because the bullying escalated to him tripping my son and then kicking him in the arm when he was on the ground. Yesterday afternoon when my son came home from school, he told me that the boy was just suspended (in-school suspension, much to my dismay) for breaking a little girl's wrist. Apparently, he ran up to her, pushed her really hard to the ground. These are eight year old kids!! WTF?

I was upset that my son was bullied but my secondary reason for wanting a parent-teacher conference with the principal was because when I asked my son if he told his teacher what had happened that day he was kicked, he said he couldn't because the teacher punishes the children for being "tattle-tales." Silent lunch, walking the playground perimeter alone at recess, things like that when they get in trouble for misbehaving. I was LIVID when i heard that. What the &^%$ is his teacher thinking was my first reaction. That is not the case any longer and now after this kid's behavior yesterday and breaking a bone of another student, I hope he is watched like a hawk.

During the first week of school, a 5th grader punched a kindergärtner in the stomach on the bus on the way home from school. This kid was huge--I couldn't believe it when I saw him. The child he hit is five years old. What the heck is wrong with these kids? What the heck is wrong with the parents of these kids?

Kids can be ignorant, mean-spirited little trolls and they start young. I do feel bad for what the kids in these videos go through and I can only hope parents will start waking up. My child will never be one of these kids because I will not allow it to get anywhere near that bad.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

edit on 12-10-2012 by dayve because: nxtpage

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join