It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Young girl committed suicide by social media !

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I am a part of a global community. I have a conscience. Put those two elements together and it is my business to feel sad about the suicide of Amanda Todd. You can differ in your opinion to me but you do not have the right to tell me what I should think.

I find your avatar disturbing and creepy - I hope it is not a reflection of who you really are.

Amanda Todd be at peace and know that many people will grieve your death. Guide us in Spirit. That is all I have to say to you.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

just watched this on youtube ,very very sad that people are still to this day being nasty to her ,makes my sick

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I was attacking your post not you there is a difference. I was pointing out that your entire rant was just filled with appeals to emotion and stuff you made up.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Applying a permanent solution to a temporary problem is a lousy way to deal with life.

This line of BS is getting so tiring.

It is wheeled out every suicide awareness day.

Anyone who can come out with such a PR BS line has never really suffered from depression and suicidal tendancies.

A permanent solution to a temporay problem??

What if this life is the temporary problem???

THe fact so many people on youtube are trolling this clearly shows how dark and desolate this planet has become. Some people can block this out. Carry on as if this is just an unortunate event. The truth is very different. If you haven't woke up to where you and why you are here......well, keep the blinkers on.

I notice also there is quite a number of these videos on youtube. It appears this is nothing new.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by dayve
Right... The police came to her door at 4am to alert her, that a picture of her boobs had been sent out..... What a dramatic idiot. I dont care if she killed herself or not, this video is stupid.

No offense, but ATS doesn't need dbags like you on here.... I understand that this will likely get erased and I will likely get a private message explaining that i shouldnt do this, but a little kid died, she was bullied, she committed suicide and you leave a dbag response like that??Big man you are...

Your entitled to your opinion. And to give two sh**s about kids like this. That doesn't mean I give a damn. I feel bad for her family, who this selfish broad made them feel worse than some "cyber bully"....gimme a break

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

She's a hypocrite.Have a look at what she said about my avatar and how she hopes that's not who I am

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Sickening. This place makes me vomit. And we all wonder why we are treated as we are. We are monsters.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
One question, why did she flash? Social acceptance? to feed some losers ego? To compete with fellow females?

Sad story but if you're a female and you do this now, your social status is a good as dead. Your pictures will be viewed by millions of people worldwide. There's only one way to stop this, to avoid it.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernamehere
Sickening. This place makes me vomit. And we all wonder why we are treated as we are. We are monsters.

There are some posting negative comments here and they do so for a simple reason: Nobody was there for them when they went through something like this. That's why many will post callous comments and seem to not care.

Yes we are monsters, living in a monstrous society that puts value on unimportant things and the truly important things are ignored. I will tell what is truly important; People are, each and every one of us. Somewhere down the line society fails to uphold that one simple value so we pass on the pain that others have inflicted on us.

This is very sad and tragic and happens every single day. Our own children are killing themselves and we can't figure out why or how to stop it so we give them pills to take and put technology in their hands to keep them amused when all they needed was someone to care enough listen to them and love them unconditionally.
edit on 13-10-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Trying to ignore the soulless, heartless, psycopaths drawn to ATS is difficult; especially on topics like this ... but; I will try to ignore the gutter scum and post my reply as I would have in a "normal" environment.

First, I saw the video and thought, "How can I help this girl?" I got an idea; but then, read other posts saying she had committed suicide - so - I read the source article too. Gee, I feel so bad that happened before anybody could help her.

To the people who blame the victim for not being "strong" - if EVERYBODY was strong, we'd all be alike. Obviously, one who would "kick a dog when he's down" is NOT a 'strong' person. Bullies are emotional and intellectual weaklings.

To those who recommend fighting back - that DOES work to an extent; but, how was she to fight back against something that was already in the public domain (or underground public domain?)

In a physical situation, fighting back isn't always wise either. For instance in rape cases, fighting back ensures the rapee will be murdered after being sexually assaulted. It makes the victim a DOUBLE-victim.

Fighting back against a large mob when you are severely outnumbered ... naw ... run like heck! Better to run and live to fight another day.

Fighting back against superior force (like a goon with a machine gun at your nose who wants your purse) is another case where you don't fight back - give the woosie-puss guy your purse - your life is worth more than your car keys. Besides, your purse matches his high heels.

Above are times to not fight back; but, there have been many times in my life where I found fighting back WAS the answer as well. I won't go into detail as this is about the young girl and not my heroics. My point is, there IS a time to fight back, there are times when you should not fight back if you care about living, and there are times that fighting back is futile at best.

I hope this little one rests in peace.

edit on 13/10/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

In West Vancouver, born and raised
On the tinychat rooms I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And showing some boobs to see old men drool
When a couple of guys, who were up to no good, started making trouble on my Facebook
I got in one little fight and my mom held a speech
And said "You're going up to your room to drink some more bleach"

I started doing drugs while slitting my wrists
While people texted "Just kill yourself, it's all that we insist"
If anything I felt the razor gave me pleasure
But I couldn't carry on, I couldn't stand the pressure

I got fed up of one little hater
And I yelled to the bullies "Yo jerks, smell you later!"
I sighed to myself, life is so unfair
So I took out a rope and jumped off a chair

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This is the sort of behavior one might expect from individuals raised into believing that all we are is evolved pond scum. There is no love for fellow man because we are all just animals.There is no accountability for actions on the Internet because "no one" is watching, and after you die nothing happens. No standard of decency because we create what we consider is decent. We as a society can't figure this out without "forcing" our beliefs or "judging" others so it will never stop (forcing ones morals on another seems to be universally vilified) The bullies, callous commenters, the depressed girl that killed herself are all products of this self destructive lie, and I see no end in sight. No one else wonders why we as a society are so "wise" compared to our "ignorant" ancestors, and yet we seem to be falling further down the toilet?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
All you lot showing no empathy whatsoever are just a bunch of repugnant bastards. You clearly have no idea what she was going through. I sincerely doubt that killing yourself would be an easy decision to take and then to act out. What if Amanda was your little sister? Would you still say that she deserved to die? Would you still display such repulsive apathy? Pull your heads out of your arses.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So, let me get this straight. This kid offed herself because she was bullied? Yeah....what a sad and pathetic generation. So weak and pathetic they kill themselves because they get picked on. I got zero sympathy for her or her situation.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

I can't agree with you more,
and its proven that anti depressives leads to suicidal behavior. But I do think social media networks are also a good thing if used the proper way

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
all this tragedy and anguish because our society puts such an idiotic taboo on boobs? she took her top off and that means she needs to die? what a strange and sad state of affairs we have on this planet.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Bullying isn't the issue...lack of support from friends and family is apparently the bigger issue.

Totally true , The parents are also to blame .That I had been quoted in the OP, but distributing nude pictures of this guy on face book or whatever social media board he used and placing her breast as profile picture on face-book is way out of line and should have being notice by face-book..

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm tired of hearing about this girl. And before everyone gets mad, here's why:

I found this on my Facebook this morning. The black spots are to filter the language, in consideration for the rules. *tip hat to mods* The comments were about as thoughtful and intelligent as the OP. There's a difference between mourning a tragedy and flaunting the depression of a teenager all over the internet for sympathy likes and stuff. According to the OP in the image, there's a good chance that we don't even know about all of the girl's story - but we're still giving her sympathy stars and whatnot.

I'm tired of it. The sympathy gambits, the tragedies, the fights over whether or not victims deserve to be mourned, the total chaos and animalistic squabbling over death and destruction.

Edit: Do not misunderstand me! I am tired of the sympathy-likers and the tragedy-lolers. The people who use someone else's loss to garner attention for themselves, and the people who look at her picture and say "LOL you deserved to die you're so pathetic lololol".

These are the people I see every day. These are the kinds of people I am sick of. And this girl's death just brought out the worst of them. That's why I'm tired of hearing about her. Because along with her memory, comes the leeches and the wolves. And honestly, I don't know if it's even worth it.

Further edit: blotted out a little bit of profanity I missed on my sweep of the pic.
edit on 13-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
she took her top off and that means she needs to die? what a strange and sad state of affairs we have on this planet.

Who said she should die because of that? She made the choice to show her boobs and kill herself, nobody else made that decision for her.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join