It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Young girl committed suicide by social media !

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

With a Dramatic Song in the Background!!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgeTorwell

Thank God a Point of Reason!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

I know this wasn't directed at me but I felt the need to give my feelings on it. I think she DID post the video for attention,without a doubt. I'm of the belief that this girl had TONS of other issues going on in her life and now the media is just pointing to this video as proof of why she did it.Even though she didn't kill herself right after this video was posted nor did she do it within hours.... you do the math.

The video she most likely did post to get attention, maybe this was a final cry for help, but I don't think she fabricated the whole story just for attention as it seems others believe.

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by hoochymama
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Just to be real, she seems to want the attention for some reason. I mean, why not get off the Facebook if it was that big of deal. Every damn School she goes to she still has the Facebook.

Probably because kids today are dependent on social media, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.... For a young kid to stop using social media all together, that would be an incredible feat

Thankyou for saying this, it is exactly what I wanted to say.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgeTorwell
Friends, ATSers, countrymen, lend me your ears; this is just another obvious attempt to pull at the heart strings of americans and parents. An attempt to vilify the internet and to blame it for the death of a young woman. We already have people stating that some actions should be brought against those who leave distasteful remarks on the memorial web page.
Do not give in, the world can be a cruel and ugly place but asking for further regulation on the internet will not make people stop killing themselves nor will it change anything besides limiting your freedom.

edit on 13-10-2012 by GeorgeTorwell because: (no reason given)

Quoted for truth. I think people are all too willing to give up their personal freedoms when they feel an injustice is happening. Especially when it is such a non-political issue.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I've read through the posts and all I can say is there are some sad, sorry, pathetic and heartless posters here. Let's break this story down into its component parts.

A twelve year old girl is on the internet - just like a lot of other twelve year olds - it's a part of their world. A disgusting male goads and goads her into flashing her breasts - unfortunately - she gives in.

Let's look at why she gave in. Perhaps as some posters have indicated her parents were not there for her, preferring to drink rather than be a parent. She is lonely - I don't hear anyone mention siblings - so she is really lonely. When Children are denied love and attention - such as Amanda Todd where her parents gave more attention to their addictions and not their daughter - they will seek out attention elsewhere. Humans are socially cohesive and we seek out company - it's natural.

Had Amanda Todd had parents who gave her love and support then perhaps her self esteem would have been stronger and she would not have caved in to the goading of the creature at the other end of the internet. Remember whatever you think of Amanda - she is a Child and the creature that pushed her into exposing herself is the one who should be on trial here. Right now he is a faceless coward and Amanda is still a winner in her own convoluted way. Even though she took her life - she stood up and in a very public way - told her story before she died - that alone makes her a winner!

Amanda realises what she has done and moves and tries to start over and moves and tries to start over but she is still not much more than a Child and a little less than a Young Adult - a b****y difficult time if I recall. What kind of Children bully other Children to the point they are on the ground and lying in a ditch!!!!???? Now is the time people to realise that the bullies are a reflection of our society.

Amanda Todd was in deep emotional pain and she was pushed into the abyss and we have all missed the opportunity to help her. Shame on us as a society - every death of a Child demeans us - whether you want to accept that fact or not.

Psychopaths, sociopaths, narcissists and those trolling type people - just know that one day when you are in a corner and you need someone - and you will - there will be good people who will help you - despite your nastiness and lack of empathy, in spite of your shallow egotism. Why will someone help you - because gentle Souls who have heart and soul and empathy - have everything - they always have and they always will.

One last point - I noted a poster suggested that Amanda was provoking karma by exposing herself and had a lesson to learn - I don't see it that way because I don't don't shy away from responsibility. I see society as having to learn a lesson and the first one - teach little boys that girls are to be adored and loved and protected.

Too much sexualised behaviour on the internet - music clips - advertising - television - everywhere - when are we going to get back to basics and teach Children to respect each other. I suppose that will happen when the Adults start leading by example.

Much Peace...Amanda Todd my heart weeps that no one was there for you - guide us in Spirit because we are truly lost ...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Blame everyone else but her,for HER choice.Right. There's a lot more to this story then what you think. She didn't off herself because of something she did 3 years prior.And if you or any other poster thinks so well you're truly in for a wake up call when the REAL reason comes out.Too many bleeding hearts not only on here,but in the world.Look a bit deeper and I bet you you'll find the truth.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

So please share what you know and explain what the real reasons are for Amanda Todd to suicide. If you have the truth that the rest of us are missing - please educate us. I want to know if there is more to this story than what is currently available.

That said - even if you do share further information - a beautiful Young Woman takes her life - it is still a sad sad day - don't you agree??

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

yeah lets break this down

I've read through the posts and all I can say is there are some sad, sorry, pathetic and heartless posters here. Let's break this story down into its component parts.

appeal to emotion so when someone does not share your view of things they are sad sorry pathetic and heartless?

A disgusting male goads and goads her into flashing her breasts - unfortunately - she gives in.

A male is disgusting for wanting to see boobies? sounds like a regular 12 year old boy to me.

Let's look at why she gave in. Perhaps as some posters have indicated her parents were not there for her, preferring to drink rather than be a parent. She is lonely - I don't hear anyone mention siblings - so she is really lonely. When Children are denied love and attention - such as Amanda Todd where her parents gave more attention to their addictions and not their daughter

I assume that when you say "Lets look at why" you mean "Let's make up reasons why"

Had Amanda Todd had parents who gave her love and support then perhaps her self esteem would have been stronger and she would not have caved in to the goading of the creature at the other end of the internet.

You base this off of what? You are really just making stuff up and making assumptions about things.

Remember whatever you think of Amanda - she is a Child and the creature that pushed her into exposing herself is the one who should be on trial here.

You were not there for the conversation so don't pretend like you know what happened, all we know is someone was harassing her with the photo after they obtained it. The person who initially got her to flash could have been another girlfriend or another 12 year old, which if you ask me its kids being kids and doing stupid things.

Even though she took her life - she stood up and in a very public way - told her story before she died - that alone makes her a winner!

No, that makes her a loser she gave in to all the bullying. Hate to say it like that but that is what happened. sad but true.

What kind of Children bully other Children to the point they are on the ground and lying in a ditch!!!!????

She went to go lay in a ditch after losing a school yard fight because she knowingly hooked up with some girls boyfriend. She is not really a victim here. Back in highschool if some dude was makin time with my girlfriend the same thing would have happened. The boob pics and the fight were not really related. The posting of her boobs was sad but the fight she kinda had coming.

Amanda Todd was in deep emotional pain and she was pushed into the abyss and we have all missed the opportunity to help her. Shame on us as a society

appeal to emotion

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Great video.
But I can't read!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockintitz
Great video.
But I can't read!!!!

Its cool bro, what is your number I can call and read it to you

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by Amanda5

I hope that Amanda Todd finds some solid support and gets on with her life

I wish she could , but she committed suicide.

She got on with her afterlife...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

It's common sense. Isn't the motto of this site deny ignorance? The point of my post was DO NOT believe msm stories about this. Do some research on your own.I feel sorry for anyone who takes this story at face value.i'm currently in the process of doing it myself. You know,because I want the truth and not just what posters here feed me nor the media.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Have to give you a
on this post. Didn't think Id agree with you on anything you posted here,but in that post you nailed it.Congrats my man!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

WTF!

I really don't know what to say about this. But this girl is certainly a victim of this concept where one needs to be "liked" by all, have millions of virtual friends and that a person needs another one to fill in his/her void. This is beyond sad, specially because this void is due to exactly this mentality. A mentality which in her case and the case of millions of younger folks is the only reality they know.

It's too bleeping sad to see this.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Appeal to emotions - well yes I am glad to have them - emotions! The emotions are connected to my sympathy and empathy and I am very glad!!!

When someone is attacking the deceased - yes it will get my back up. Ever heard : Never Speak Ill Of The Dead?? It is based on the tenet of respect.

I am working on what Amanda stated on her flashcards - not your 'version' of what you think happened. You shouldn't assume - it reveals that you are not yet capable of expressing your own thoughts - or - of asking questions to gather more information before commenting.

I am looking at human psychology and certainly not 'making' up reasons why - as assumed by you. I stated that according to other posters her parents were alcoholics. I am not making anything up just joining the discussion. Have you read every single post within this thread? It took a year for her to cave in and expose herself. She stated facts on her flashcards - did you actually read them???

This is much much more than kids doing stupid things. There was a lot of thought put into the actions of the cyber bully. She is a winner - she told her story to whoever would listen and ironically via the medium that caused her so much grief. Some victims don't get to the point of telling their story which is even more tragic.

She was a lonely girl who fell into the arms of a boy who had a girlfriend. She made a mistake - as for the boy - what was he thinking????? Not much of a catch for the other girl either. I also wonder whether he set her up.

I have empathy for Amanda Todd. I am defending her in death - from people like you - because it is the least I can do considering there was no one there to defend her while she was alive - or she just might still be here.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5

A twelve year old girl is on the internet - just like a lot of other twelve year olds - it's a part of their world. A disgusting male goads and goads her into flashing her breasts - unfortunately - she gives in.

Let's look at why she gave in. Perhaps as some posters have indicated her parents were not there for her, preferring to drink rather than be a parent. She is lonely - I don't hear anyone mention siblings - so she is really lonely. When Children are denied love and attention - such as Amanda Todd where her parents gave more attention to their addictions and not their daughter - they will seek out attention elsewhere. Humans are socially cohesive and we seek out company - it's natural.

Had Amanda Todd had parents who gave her love and support then perhaps her self esteem would have been stronger and she would not have caved in to the goading of the creature at the other end of the internet. Remember whatever you think of Amanda - she is a Child and the creature that pushed her into exposing herself is the one who should be on trial here. Right now he is a faceless coward and Amanda is still a winner in her own convoluted way. Even though she took her life - she stood up and in a very public way - told her story before she died - that alone makes her a winner!

Amanda realises what she has done and moves and tries to start over and moves and tries to start over but she is still not much more than a Child and a little less than a Young Adult - a b****y difficult time if I recall. What kind of Children bully other Children to the point they are on the ground and lying in a ditch!!!!???? Now is the time people to realise that the bullies are a reflection of our society.

Amanda Todd was in deep emotional pain and she was pushed into the abyss and we have all missed the opportunity to help her. Shame on us as a society - every death of a Child demeans us - whether you want to accept that fact or not.

Psychopaths, sociopaths, narcissists and those trolling type people - just know that one day when you are in a corner and you need someone - and you will - there will be good people who will help you - despite your nastiness and lack of empathy, in spite of your shallow egotism. Why will someone help you - because gentle Souls who have heart and soul and empathy - have everything - they always have and they always will.

One last point - I noted a poster suggested that Amanda was provoking karma by exposing herself and had a lesson to learn - I don't see it that way because I don't don't shy away from responsibility. I see society as having to learn a lesson and the first one - teach little boys that girls are to be adored and loved and protected.

Too much sexualised behaviour on the internet - music clips - advertising - television - everywhere - when are we going to get back to basics and teach Children to respect each other. I suppose that will happen when the Adults start leading by example.

Much Peace...Amanda Todd my heart weeps that no one was there for you - guide us in Spirit because we are truly lost ...

?A twelve year old girl is on the internet - just like a lot of other twelve year olds - it's a part of their world.?

Thats the problem right there. Shouldnt she be running, raizing animals for FAA, playing sports, etc??

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Absolutely! Not just Amanda Todd but all the twelve year olds all around the world. As a Teacher I am always encouraging Students to pick up books not just press buttons on the computer.

It is hard to inspire them when we have given Children a push button world. We need to go back to basics.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Appeal to emotions - well yes I am glad to have them - emotions! The emotions are connected to my sympathy and empathy and I am very glad!!!

No you are mixing things up, yes emotions are good to have but an appeal to emotions is just an attempt to cover bad logic.

When someone is attacking the deceased - yes it will get my back up. Ever heard : Never Speak Ill Of The Dead?? It is based on the tenet of respect.

What does that have to do with anything?

I am working on what Amanda stated on her flashcards - not your 'version' of what you think happened. You shouldn't assume -

Actually as I showed you made a lot of things up and made a lot of assumptions in your post.

it reveals that you are not yet capable of expressing your own thoughts - or -

No I can express my own thoughts but I do not make up stuff and try to pass it off as fact.

I am looking at human psychology and certainly not 'making' up reasons why - as assumed by you. I stated that according to other posters her parents were alcoholics. I am not making anything up just joining the discussion. Have you read every single post within this thread? It took a year for her to cave in and expose herself. She stated facts on her flashcards - did you actually read them???

Yes it has been stated that they were alcoholics but that does not change the amount of stuff you made up, and don't try to change the subject here. This has nothing to do with how much of this thread I have read.

I have empathy for Amanda Todd. I am defending her in death - from people like you -

Wait wut? I have just called it like it is, if you have a problem with facts and things like that then that is your problem. Tell me, what is it have posted that was so bad that she has to be defended from me?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

You shouldn't assume either..as you are accusing him of doing. Those 'flash cards' are a fad-she was doing what many teenagers these days do on youtube so they mean nothing. It's a way to gain attention,nothing more. No one is 'speaking ill of the dead' as you put it-we're just not buying what you or the media is selling. The girl had issues.Leave it at that.It's not up to you or I or hell even the rest of the Internet to defend her.Her family needs to take a look at themselves and see what they did wrong.Not any of us because personally it's not OUR business.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I am here to join in discussion about a beautiful Young Woman who committed suicide. I am not here to talk about you. You are entitled to your opinions. You are not entitled to attack me. I am sad that Amanda Todd took her life and that the internet and other Children were involved in pushing her into the abyss.

No one wakes up and decides that suicide is the answer - people are pushed to it. You have your say and I will have mine. I will always defend the deceased and I am defending Amanda Todd. Children - all Children are worth defending. I get more satisfaction in defending them when they are alive. Defending a deceased Child is my way of showing respect.

Much Peace...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join