It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian group hunted by Satanists in South Africa, or a growing Satanic-panic?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
There are theistic satanists, Laveyists, temple of set, Norse paganism/satanism, etc etc.

I object to your lumping paganism and satanism together. Paganism (of the Norse variety or any other kind) is not the same thing as Satanism at all and Pagans do not generally identify as Satanists.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It's good not to live in Africa

edit on 14-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Its strange how satanism is getting such a hold of young South Africans. Lately it was the young couple who killed, beheaded and disected their victims head. Then there was the indian teen who had hung himself and left a pentagram against the wall.

There is no evidence for Satanism in either case.

Skinning murder unique, expert testifies

The court also heard that Satanism and pure occult practises played no role in the graveyard murder of Van Eck.

Update: Ritualistic worship linked to boy's suicide

The family of 16-year-old Kyle Mudaly, who was found hanged in his bedroom last week, have dispelled rumours that their son's death was linked to a satanic cult or that he practised demonic rituals.

According to media reports, a peculiar symbol was drawn in black ink on the wall and he had strange markings on his body. However, in an interview with Mudaly's older brother, Tevin, he said the sign on his wall was the 'Star of David,' which was for protection.

"We spoke to Kyle's close friends and they all spoke highly of him. He was not into any satanic cult. He was a spiritual person with a mature head on his shoulders. He was like any typical 16-year-old," he said.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Despite my skepticism, there is one case that always has me wondering.

This is the case of Gert Van Rooyen.
en.wikipedia.org...

Van Rooyen was a pedophile and serial killer linked to the disappearance of several girls in South Africa in the late 1980s.

Van Rooyen was also a Christian pastor.

His son made allegations of Satanism in high circles, and that Van Rooyen supplied underage girls to the former cabinet.
www.davidicke.com...

According to police Van Rooyen shot himself and his partner when cornered by the cops, but persistent rumors exist that he was executed (and silenced) on the scene.
I also recall interviews with the families of the missing girls in 2007, where at least one parent claimed a policeman told her they know everything, but they cannot divulge it.

It's always strange that "occult cops" don't follow up truly perplexing leads to power (essentially their bosses), but they are quick to condemn certain styles of music, or in causing divisions in society.

This makes me think that Satanic-panic is a major diversion that deliberately obscures occult practices amongst the citizens to construct a social problem, while the shady dealings of power are ignored.

That's my conspiracy take on things.
Until they truly expose the elites and powerful, occult cops are nothing more than disinfo agents who spread religious mind-control, and target those who refuse to submit.

In SA there's an added political element which views the apartheid-era police before 1994 as torturers and murderers, and according to that view people like Kobus Jonker supported a crime against humanity.
edit on 14-10-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JEBarnes

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
There are theistic satanists, Laveyists, temple of set, Norse paganism/satanism, etc etc.

I object to your lumping paganism and satanism together. Paganism (of the Norse variety or any other kind) is not the same thing as Satanism at all and Pagans do not generally identify as Satanists.

Sorry but there is a special breed of paganism in Norway today that incorporates elements of both Norse mythology and Satanism. Not all people who practice Norse paganism do this (and I never implied that was the case). Perhaps I could have clarified this a bit better.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
I have an application on my iPad, called "Zite", which aggregates news for me, and I've seen a lot of articles about the persecution of Christians in Africa lately (mostly Nigeria, but other places, as well.) I don't know if that has any relevance here, but if there is a regional attempt to attack Christians, maybe so.

I believe the persecution you mention in Nigeria have to do with Christian minorities in predominantly Muslim regions.

www.focus-fen.net...

The tension between the two faiths is increasing continent-wide, with Islamic extremist groups more prone to propagating violence first. Not that the Christians are complete saints, but it's not exactly even-handed. It's a crying shame, because there are shining examples of them living harmoniously - in parts of Tanzania for example.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
An interesting view of when the Occult Unit was still operating in SA during the last major Satanic Panic in the 1990s.

The full program is titled Satanic Crimes in South Africa, which seems to begin by accepting Jonker's claim that 70 000 Satanists had a network involving organized crimes, and that shocking murder cases were linked to them.

As Jonker and his deputy claimed the blood of Jesus over everything, and engaged in fundamentalist Christian "spiritual warfare", not a single case is linked to Satanism at the end.

The media sensationalized their claims with eerie music, and disjointed images of gore.

For this reason I cannot embed all 5 segments of the program from YouTube.

The first case concerns a headless body in a cemetery where the head was replaced by a chicken, which is more typical of an African witchcraft context.
Yet astoundingly, here Jonker claims that white Satanism is running rampant and spreading to the black community!
The case is never significantly revisited in the program.

Next we get a case from the colored community in Mitchell's Plain, Cape Town.
A disturbed woman cut a baby from another woman, whom she clearly hated and stalked, and a curse and a hexagram she drew on a photo supposedly made this Satanism.
We find out at the end that this woman was incarcerated in a psychiatric ward indefinitely.
These cases are rare but not unknown, and only in SA has anyone briefly linked this behavior to Satanism.

We then see Jonker and another pastor praying with a young man in prison, claiming he is a former Satanist (once again without a shred of proof).

Finally we're introduced to the Antoinette Radloff case.
Radloff was clearly disturbed, and murdered her husband's ex-wife.
She claimed to be a spiritual healer with an interest in New Age topics.
The hysterical press branded her a "witch", who could shape-shift and had telekinetic powers, and she seemingly enjoyed her 15 minutes of fame.

After all the Satanism nonsense died down she did have some more colorful moments, for example, when she tried to escape from prison, and she eventually committed suicide when she heard that her former husband took a new lover.
However, at that stage the rumors of Satanism had long disappeared, and she came across as almost tragically disturbed for love.
www.iol.co.za...

We also meet a character called "Madelaine", who was known as a local eccentric.
She posed for Jonker with a black robe and a necklace made of chicken bones, and claimed that what looks like discarded rotten chicken in a derelict barbeque area were sacrificed cats.
At times it seemed that she was taking the mickey out of Jonker.
Jonker seemed quite delighted however.
Well, Madelaine was never charged with any crime.

So, in all this what did the occult unit accomplish?

Absolutely nothing.

Those who committed crimes were already under investigation.

Sure, let them spread their brand of Christianity and make things up as they go along, but why must the taxpayer fork out for some personal and delusional crusade?
We are not a theocracy!

Added to this is that thousands of teachers and ministers started acting like Jonker, because it was legitimized behavior, approved by a cop, and they saw Satanism everywhere.
The youth came forward with even taller tales of horror, and eventually it was just a big joke.
It was totally crazy.

Here is part 5, where they meet Madelaine, and which has the outcome of the cases (not one of them linked to any Satanism):

edit on 30-10-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join