It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police union in Philly, holds fundraiser for officer who punched a woman in the face.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
First off the incident was covered here on ATS.

AboveTopSecret

Here is the video of the incident.

Now it comes out, that the union is holding a fundraiser for the officer who most likely will lose his job for committing a crime!!!

Philadelphia's police union is holding a fundraiser for an officer who is being fired after being recorded on video punching a woman at a parade.

Earlier this month, the city's police commissioner announced Lt. Jonathan Josey was being suspended for 30 days with the intent to dismiss. Mayor Michael Nutter has apologized to the woman

Source
WOW!!! A union supporting an individual who is supposed to UPHOLD the law, who broke the exact same laws he arrests others for???

I wonder how the people of Philadelphia feel about the Police Union condoning violence and supporting police officers who break the same laws that they are expected to uphold?

edit on 12-10-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Contribute to their cause. Save a buck, punch a cop.
WTF!! The world is going to hell in a hand basket.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Lose your temper, lose your career. Hell of a trade off for a bruise or a busted lip..whatever she ended up with.

It's a bad message for the Union to be quite so open without some equally open reasoning....but wow.

So... A cop could, in theory, work their whole lives in decent standing, given the ups and downs of one of the worst jobs society has to offer a person. Then...in a moment of stupidity..they can lose every shred of that life's career, pension and everything.....because they hit a person once in the face?

Okay....and the next time people wonder why only Bubba level thugs, bully boys and attitude problems generally become cops these days, look no further for why. Why the hell would anyone in their right mind enter a career where 10 or 15 years work can be lost for half a seconds stupid with NO SERIOUS injury or damage done as a result of it?

Ugh.... Yup.. makes perfect sense to me now why we don't have good cops. It's a fools game to even try.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

That 'cop' should of 'copped it' instead of her..

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Not one of them cops did anything...what a 'cop out'..

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well if he wasn't wearing a badge that would be an aggravated assault charge for anyone else.I don't see any charges pending though even in HD video.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Lose your temper, lose your career. Hell of a trade off for a bruise or a busted lip..whatever she ended up with.

It's a bad message for the Union to be quite so open without some equally open reasoning....but wow.

So... A cop could, in theory, work their whole lives in decent standing, given the ups and downs of one of the worst jobs society has to offer a person. Then...in a moment of stupidity..they can lose every shred of that life's career, pension and everything.....because they hit a person once in the face?

Okay....and the next time people wonder why only Bubba level thugs, bully boys and attitude problems generally become cops these days, look no further for why. Why the hell would anyone in their right mind enter a career where 10 or 15 years work can be lost for half a seconds stupid with NO SERIOUS injury or damage done as a result of it?

Ugh.... Yup.. makes perfect sense to me now why we don't have good cops. It's a fools game to even try.

I am not saying that a policemans job isn't hard. But really?? Wrabbit, are you really sticking up for this guy?
If you went out to eat and pissed off a waitress, and that waitress dumped a pot of hot coffee on you would you be angry if the manager told you she was just stressed out? Or would you expect her to be fired??

Tyranny is running rampant in this country and you really blew me away with saying the cop just made a mistake! How about he goes to prison for assaulting someone?? Hell, I think he is getting off pretty damn easy for just losing his freakin job!

edit on 12-10-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I work physical security for a large corporation, I have and do put up with smarta** jack wagons, drunks running the gates, and other dip sh*ts for about 18 years, and if I was to lose my temper and punch somebody I would lose my job and retirement, no argument, no second chance, no appeals, and my union would not hold a fund raiser for me.
edit on 12-10-2012 by LockNLoad because: typo

edit on 12-10-2012 by LockNLoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Tell that to the guy who got shot for answering his door at 1:30 am. by the sheriff's. those guys are still one the force and they murdered someone.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee

Tell that to the guy who got shot for answering his door at 1:30 am. by the sheriff's. those guys are still one the force and they murdered someone.

Well, thats a 100% success for derailing the point and moving to something with absolutely NO comparison whatsoever. I'm not talking about a cop that shot an innocent homeowner. I'm talking about a cop who hit a woman with his hand, once.

If I walk out today, lose my temper and hit this very same woman...I may do a little county time on a misdemeanor. I won't lose my life's career...means of support for my family...and all that time and effort has worked to accomplish.

Your reply is the problem with society right now, IMO. There are NO gray areas. There are NO half measures or means of showing discretion or measured response. It's 100% FIRE the cop...or people must think nothing should happen at all.

Personally, I'd have been happy to see the hothead take a 30-60 day suspension w/o pay or the equivalent his Department has for a problem child that needs correcting. He screwed up..Yes.. Did he screw up enough to lose everything for? For a physical blow without report of serious injury? You gotta be kidding..... This is overkill to an extreme.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It wasn't a "moment of stupidity", it was a big jerk in uniform, who punched an innocent woman in the face because he got splashed with a little bit of water.

He obviously has a problem with anger and violence, and no longer deserves to wear the badge and gun. Period.

Any public servant in any capacity (and I was one for many years) has to keep their cool, no matter what. If you can no longer do that, time to pack it in and find another occupation.

Police brutatlity isn't stupidity, it is abuse of power, and it has to stop. It is the fault of the police departments in this country that they have a limit of an IQ of 105. Anybody smarter than that is automatically disqualified.

If they would hire people who had a bit more intelligence, perhaps we wouldn't be seeing stories such as this.

Plenty of posters have expressed dismay that you espouse such an argument, so I'll save you the trouble of reading one more.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Personally, I'd have been happy to see the hothead take a 30-60 day suspension w/o pay or the equivalent his Department has for a problem child that needs correcting. He screwed up..Yes.

Personally, the other police officers should of had him in handcuffs just like me or you..
Also the other coppers just standing there like fattened cattle should be questioned why he was
not put in the back of a police car and taken downtown for questioning...

edit on 12-10-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Personally, I'd have been happy to see the hothead take a 30-60 day suspension w/o pay or the equivalent his Department has for a problem child that needs correcting. He screwed up..Yes.. Did he screw up enough to lose everything for? For a physical blow without report of serious injury? You gotta be kidding..... This is overkill to an extreme.

He took an oath to uphold the same laws that you and I have to abide by. He broke that trust to the people he is supposed to protect!!

You made and earlier comment as to......

Okay....and the next time people wonder why only Bubba level thugs, bully boys and attitude problems generally become cops these days, look no further for why.

Do you not think this clown fits into that same category? But yet you defend him! Would you defend him if he hit your sister or mother?

You did have a point in that statement, because those are EXACTLY the kinds of police who they are hiring! The ones who don't give a damn about the Constitution and will toe the line and do whatever they are told!

Be careful of who your are sticking up for, because I think you would be pitching a different tune if it happened to one of your loved ones or friends.........

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Here cap, kinda makes me chuckle when he reaches out for the hand - cuffs and cuffs this
woman. The only threat is clearly hi-tower's temperment..

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

roflmao! Hightower??? Never thought of that one!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by denver22

roflmao! Hightower??? Never thought of that one!
They should send this clown
"not you" back to 'police academy' for training in law enforcement...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You said it yourself Wrabbit, "Or whatever she ended up with" you don't actually care about the woman with a statement like that. More importantly, because she was there, is the unspoken inference that makes her fair game for being attacked, and it is debatable that there was the, "once" hit, and it was a woman, BTW. This policeman is a big loser in more ways than one. I do have some sympathy from the union point of view, if the money is solely for his family wellbeing, if he has one. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. Your post is all encompassing assumption. Addendum, I Forgot to mention that this officer has/had stripes.
edit on 12-10-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join