It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adult Swim Presents The Greatest Event in Television History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So, this was on Adult Swim last night and it makes me deliriously happy. There was limited marketing for it, no one knew what it was about. And...this is what it was.

It's an 11-minute short starring Jon Hamm (of Mad Men) and Adam Scott (of Party Down, Parks and Recreation, Torque). It also features Jeff Probst and a few other cameos I won't spoil.

I just love this and had to share it. And if you're angry that this isn't The Greatest Event in Television History as the thread title promised, sorry. That's the title of the program and it's clearly a joke.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have mine recorded but haven't watched yet. No spoilers please!!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

If you don't want a spoiler, why'd you click the link??

I didn't know about this till I switched to CN lastnight and saw the countdown on the bottom.

I stayed up and watched it, I think it was for people 35+ who acctually remember the real show.

I still thought it was funny, but not knowing anything about the original, I felt left out.
edit on 10/12/1212 by kryton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
S&F

This is really, really awesome!

I wish I could express how perfect that was. It was exactly, exactly perfect. So happy!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Simon and Simon was an excellent show.

This definitely IS the Greatest Event in Television History!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Though I'll always be grateful to [adult swim] and Toonami for introducing me to Anime,
They just don't have anything I'm interested in watching anymore....

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IrVulture

There's not a lot I like on Adult Swim anymore, either. But I do love Venture Brothers for its in-depth mythology, beautiful animation, its tendency towards action and the prevailing theme of failure. And I like stuff like this and Children's Hospital. Not only do they have a bunch of comedic actors I love, but it's this great kind of surreal humor. Adult Swim has always been about random humor, but Children's Hospital seems different. It also has its own mythology that becomes more and more ridiculous.

Delocated it also great. Just the concept of a man in Witness Protection getting his own reality show tickles me.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Black Dynamite is pretty good on adult swim.

edit on 15-10-2012 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The greatest event will be when the Giants win the WorldSeries ... Again.....

new topics

top topics

join