It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "Oneness" A Lie?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Oh, it has everything to do with emotions. What you are suggesting is that negative people should just change their nature. I know more negative people that are quite comfortable with their lives, than positive people.

Positive people are always struggling to remain positive. The world is a hard place for them. They need to seek ways that help them deny that life is a struggle right from birth to their very last breath.

When I say 'negative' I'm not talking about depressed people. I'm talking about people that don't need to seek a higher state of consciousness in order to feel whole. They accept that their lives are balanced with equal parts struggle and joy. They don't panic if they aren't happy all the time. They don't fall apart when life gives them lemons.

Whenever you watch a show of a relatively normal family, and Aunt Barbie comes over and lights candles, sits in the lotus position with her arms extended at her sides, starts chanting, and clicking finger cymbals, do you think, "Smart girl!" or "What an air head!"? lol

It all depends on how you choose to look at it.

My Avatar means Perspective - - am I looking in or am I looking out.

Envision an elevator with unlimited floors. Say each floor is a different perspective. Each floor is a different way of looking at the same thing.

Unlike most - - I was basically born into this type mindset. I've been through all the "fluff" emotions - - which actually tend to get in the way.

I have a more clinical viewpoint of it now - - and its almost automatic. If I'm in negative - - I feel my body (or energy) float up over it to find the positive. Its completely natural to me now. I don't do anything to make it happen.

If I choose to do a sit down meditation - - I use only a single white candle to focus energy. No real emotion involved.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

That's because we're focused on the physical stuff. External senses, instead of the connection within. It's always exasperating when people say, "Oh, I don't notice these things, that means they don't exist". No, it means you're as closed-minded as the rest of society. Learn the difference.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Roughly two years ago I had an experience that will forever change my view on reality. "Oneness" played a huge part in this, amongst other things such as "aliens", "the all seeing eye", and "visions". Since I have attempted to find a logical way to make sense of my experience.

I have come to the conclusion we are both "one" and individuals. It is a paradox the mind can not comprehend. From a higher perspective, yes we are all connected and ultimately one. However from our limited perspective here, we are separate and that is the point of this density. From separation we learn, we have experience.

I have never been a fan of religion. Although I do find a lot of truth in certain "religious" text, there is also a lot of misinterpretation going on. I have always believed in a creator of sorts, but do not feel any one person or group has the answers.

I will not go into details, but during my experience I felt a complete connection to EVERYTHING around me. The barriers between me and the world around me dropped all at once. Instant ego death. I have always been an empathetic and caring person. After this felt oneness it was empathy x100, for instance I cried for 15 minutes when a friend told me they hit and killed a butterfly with their car! You could imagine what turning on the news did to me in this state. I had never meditated prior to this experience, so I lacked the wisdom needed to hold it together. I ended up in a mental hospital for a week and left with a diagnoses of schizophrenia and a handful of medications.

I believe for whatever reason we have forgotten are connection to other self's. When you see yourself in another person, it can be a beautiful thing. You feel an intense connection to all walks of life no matter color, race religion, etc. Your natural reaction becomes one filled with love and compassion. You want to help these "others" in anyway you can, you become more open, more loving. That is the benefit I see most from this oneness "movement".

I believe we all have different things we are here to learn, we are evolving on an individual level, and as one. I see us as an intelligence that has become self aware.The logical thing to do would be to split yourself up into many different forms to experience yourself on every level possible to learn about creation. That way you would get the most bang for you buck so to speak. In a way computers do this today to obtain information.

If what I have come to know as "self" lived your life experiences and hardships, would "I" not be "you"? What distinguishes the difference? Yes, I may have made different choices leading to different experiences but ultimately all I am (you are) is awareness.

What do I know though? I could very well be schizophrenic, so take my words with a grain of salt!

edit on 13-10-2012 by Button because: spelling

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

No, it means you're as closed-minded as the rest of society. Learn the difference.

you say, i am close-minded as the rest of society and i should learn the difference. this would mean, you are not close-minded and know the difference. if you know the difference, it surely will be no problem for you to explain the all unifying connection to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by icepack

That's because we're focused on the physical stuff. External senses, instead of the connection within. It's always exasperating when people say, "Oh, I don't notice these things, that means they don't exist". No, it means you're as closed-minded as the rest of society. Learn the difference.

I really don't like these holier than thou stances some people take when discussing subjects like this. It would help the spreading of this idea if you treated people with respect instead of claiming higher knowledge and implying that you are better or the other is worse because you have it.

I don't think your mind is as open as you believe
edit on 13-10-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by icepack

Ya know what? I was born having experiences and OBEs (at least from earliest memory).

Its the physical that's hard for me. I feel like I have to walk around in lead soled boots just to stay on the planet.

At age 9 I wanted to commit suicide so I could go "Home". I felt I was living in a foreign land I did not understand. This was back in the 50s - - there was no one to talk to about this. The Internet has been a blessing for others who feel this way. They now have others to connect with.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
We are all the product of a SINGULARITY, we are exactly the same thing, everything is the same thing in a different state of vibration.
We are exactly the same thing, only in time have we become "Different".
Reverse time, and again we will be exactly the same thing in the same place, just because the perception of separation plays tricks on your mind, does not mean we are not a part of a homogenous, living,super complex artifact of singular existence.
As for shared consciousness, your thoughts are taking place in a timeless, spaceless, environment.
by definition there can only be ONE of these environments, and, we all share it, Oneness exists as a result of this place.

This is the construct from which all my beliefs, experiences, and abilities arise.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

This reminds me of how in mathematics you can write one in infinitely many ways.

For example, 1/1, 2/2, 256/256, and so on.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I believe we have a connection of being all from the same family that is the family of humanity. But the I am you, you are me is bunch of junk. I also have the sneaky suspicion the Oprah would not have my best interest in mind.

That said I think Christian/Judaism/Muslim faiths may have sequestered and slandered ideas like mediation, witchcraft, meditation, Healing and other mystical beliefs because human nature would often times use these for selfish motives. This where the evil comes in and why the Elite may corrupt ancient wisdom and twist it, then promote it to the masses.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
There's only one way to settle this debate about oneness: let's let celebrities decide.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

You are open to a different perspective.......that counts for a lot!

Good for you!
edit on 13-10-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There is some Evidence of "oneness"

The video is of a local news covering that project. If you can't watch it here is some info from there site
Princeton Global Consciousness Project

The main purpose of the Global Consciousness Project is scientific. We want to apply the best available methods to learn what we can about a hypothesized noosphere or global intelligence arising from interconnecting human intelligence. We maintain a network of special instruments designed to produce random data that apparently are affected by human consciousness under special conditions.
The hypothesis of the GCP is that the continuous streams of data from these instruments will show anomalous deviations associated with "Global Events." We hypothesize an effect when there is a large-scale sharing of deep reactions to major news events.

We have registered nearly 300 formal experiments as of early 2009. Each is defined by a prediction that the data will depart from expectation during special times such as the celebration of New Years, shocking events like the disaster on September 11 2001, natural tragedies such as the great earthquakes in Turkey and the Asian Tsunami, and large-scale meditation and prayer events like the Kumbh Mela in India. The results indicate strong correlations in some cases and virtually none in others, but overall they show significant evidence that something remarkable happens when we all are drawn into a community of interest and emotion.

The overall statistics for the project, after 10 years of data accumulation, indicate a probability of about 1 in 10 million that the correlation of our data with global events is merely a chance fluctuation. This can't be taken as proof of an awakening global consciousness, but it is suggestive, and we can exclude reasonable mundane explanations such as electromagnetic radiation, excessive strain on the power grid, or mobile phone use.

We don't yet know how to explain the correlations between events of importance to humans and the GCP data, but they are quite clear. They suggest something akin to the image held in almost all cultures of a unity or oneness, an interconnection that is fundamental to life.

I've been following it for awhile. Its pretty interesting. Keep an open mind thats for sure.
Post if your mind was as blown as mine was when i first read about this project.
edit on 13-10-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I suspect we are ultimately one. I think the lie is that God is perfect. God is all of us, and we are imperfect. Though we have our moments of perfection. A mother's love for a child is often perfect and absolutely unconditional, sometimes even other relationships attain this unconditionality.

If God was perfect though, there wouldn't be 14 year old boys in Syria with their jaws blown to bits by bullets. The Universe doesn't *need* to experience that.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There are several states of awareness and oneness is one of them.
We are multidimensional beings and as such are connected on each dimension in a different way, and at the core of those dimensions is oneness.

Kind of like rays of the sun, but in a much more profound way.

At least that is how I see oneness. When you feel it, it is the connection to the source and all dimensions at once. You are feeling the entirety of being.

If that makes any sense whatsoever.

But that is how I experienced it when it happened to me.
That is the only way I can put it into words.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Kind of like rays of the sun, but in a much more profound way.

At least that is how I see oneness. When you feel it, it is the connection to the source and all dimensions at once. You are feeling the entirety of being.

If that makes any sense whatsoever.

Yes - it makes sense.

Its kind of "thought on thought on thought on thought" - - in continuous creation.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Everything in the universe has it's own individuality.
'For each their own'
Personally I despise 'gang' mentality,
The only thing that unites us is Life.

Not appreciating diversity and individuality
is the lack of appreciation of Life.

Diversity and individuality is Life.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Once you see it... Oneness is the most obvious and tangible "real-I-zation" you ever have and is the only "thing" that remains consistent from then on. "Change" is not even as consistent as Oneness.

"Everything Else" is "The Lie"... but you come to understand why "The Lie" exists and despite "The Frustration" you learn to appreciate "The Lie" aka "The Veil".
edit on 14-10-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion
Once you see it... Oneness is the most obvious and tangible "real-I-zation" you ever have and is the only "thing" that remains consistent from then on. "Change" is not even as consistent as Oneness.

"Everything Else" is "The Lie"... but you come to understand why "The Lie" exists and despite "The Frustration" you learn to appreciate "The Lie" aka "The Veil".
edit on 14-10-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

The Veil is there to keep everyone from going insane. That is why our brains filter out a lot of external information, because if we didn't have these filters and could really see what is going on, we would just die from sensory overload.

Oneness is an awesome feeling, but it is also something that we cannot feel continuously because if we did, we would not be able to function very well in this physical reality we are in.

At least that is how my mind rationalizes it.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You do not need anything to believe anything to realize oneness my friend. It is that, that makes oneness realized. Having nothing, being empty, and cleaned inside out. If you are truly a practitioner of meditation, it will be self realized that having oneness does not need anything. Nor do you even question it, because the experience is there as it is. As I see it, continue to drop the attachment of your thoughts during your meditation. There is nothing to question about oneness, if we all are part of the universe. How cannot Oneness not exist? It would make no logical sense no?

As a seeker in the occult and the things of all that sense. You still have no let go of your attachment of the idea of an evil "satanist" practice.

Let go and be free ૐ

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Oneness is an awesome feeling, but it is also something that we cannot feel continuously because if we did, we would not be able to function very well in this physical reality we are in.

At least that is how my mind rationalizes it.

I so totally agree with that. I really have to work at being a part of this world.

Integrity seems to be the important key factor. Everyone has trials and tribulations - - - it seems how you take responsibility and rise above it - - is what's important.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join