It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "Oneness" A Lie?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Picture a table. I name one corner a foot, the other a hand. Are they separate?

Common sense 101

*sigh* Take your dining room table and set fire to one corner of it, the corner that you have designated as the "foot". Now look at the corner you have designated as a "hand". Is it damaged? Did it change in any way as a result of you burning the other corner?

Then you tell me: are they separate?

Physics 101

Yes the table now has a burnt corner. Point being?

link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Common sense 101

Picture your table. Look at the pieces. Individual pieces. Connected together. The pieces don't know they are a table. But they are. We're not simply naming identical pieces different names. They are separate. The are connected.

You're getting lost in semantics. Or maybe schematics.

link   
My own experience has been that we are all indeed connected.
I watch the world do a lot of crazy things, and a lot of crazy claims, and I don't worry about any of it. I just go with what I experience.
I get called new age a lot,
even if I am just my own belief system.
It just seems to line up with new age ideas.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

Is your foot really attached to your hand? I'd like to see pics.

Looks like the hand and the foot are connected to me.

There is a human body that links them

A cell from the hand may not be adjacent to a cell from the foot but they are vitally interconnected.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Common sense 101

*sigh* Take your dining room table and set fire to one corner of it, the corner that you have designated as the "foot". Now look at the corner you have designated as a "hand". Is it damaged? Did it change in any way as a result of you burning the other corner?

Then you tell me: are they separate?

Physics 101

Yes the table now has a burnt corner. Point being?

I thought it was a foot? You're saying it's just a corner?

Are you painting yourself in a corner?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

You are right. They are physically connected. Are humans?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Thank you. Finally a voice of reason. I thought I was going insane. Who knows... Maybe I am.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

Is your foot really attached to your hand? I'd like to see pics.

Help me understand. You should edit your response. *points finger*

Looks like the hand and the foot are connected to me.

There is a human body that links them

A cell from the hand may not be adjacent to a cell from the foot but they are vitally interconnected.

"Sokath, his eyes uncovered!"

Exacty. They are connected. I'm saying that those are individual part (and even further individual tissues and cells) that are independent of eachother, yet connected. They compose the same body. As do we all.

The question is "where is the brain?" or "is there a brain?".

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

We are all connected to this physical reality which we inhabit.

Do you dispute this fact? Demonstrate how anything can be removed from physical reality.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

I didn't claim such a thing. Do you dispute the fact that you didn't read anything I typed?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

It's okay buddy, we can go insane together

It certainly feels that way some days.

Anyways, you two should just stop arguing. You two don't seem like you will agree any time soon and you two have taken up most of a page of this thread. I think the OP would appreciate it

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by WickettheRabbit

You are right. They are physically connected. Are humans?

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Ok. We aren't physically connected. That's why I chose, as you pointed out, an ANALOGY. Of course you and I aren't physically connected (though under the right circumstances...)

However, we share physical space. Just a very LARGE physical space. We also share the same reality, unless you're another one of my figments.

I'm suggesting the everything in our reality is connected AT LEAST by sharing physical space.

I'm not suggesting actual physical contact, common consciousness, or anything like.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I do in fact dispute your claim. I read everything you typed in this thread. You seem to oppose the idea that we are all connected, hence I posed a question with a challenge which you deftly sidestepped.

So I ask again; do you, or do you not, believe that we are connected to this physical reality which we inhabit?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I really have no idea what we're arguing about. They both seem to agree that things are interconnected on a subtle level.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkYogi
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Oneness is an absolute certainty. I have felt it so many times during meditation, it is magnific! You have to be there to understand it.

The bliss. The pure external coocoon of light. The smile that will not dissapear. The grace described in the bible. The opened crown chakra. The egoloss. The feeling of being so huge and the body to small to hold you in. Singing tunes with words you do not understand to express the joy of being. The body singing with life.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
Hey ATS'ers

I would love to get your feedback on this topic but first let me tell you where I am coming from.

Since I was a teen I was into the familiar conspiracy theories around the NWO, Illuminati, Masons, UFO's, The Anti-Christ, etc. This was pre-internet so I read a lot of books and bought David Icke's, William Cooper, Jordan Maxwell, and others views, that the NWO is made up of Mason Satanist who are intent on ruling the world through the Occult practice of Black Magic.

Why is it that on TV you can talk about illuminati and you can talk about them being against Christianity and anti-Christ, but you don't see ANYONE on TV saying that illuminati has ties with Christianity...

Did you know that the media LIED about Chinese being against Christianity and in 2011 Christianity was actually the most popular growing religion in China? China was spending billions on bible and yet "media" lied saying that they were banning it.

China love Christianity so much that they were arguing with Pope about his idea that "Baptism" is only legitimate if it comes from him... They wanted "true" baptism...

Evangelical Christians spend MILLIONS to fund World War 3 because they believe it will make "Anti-Christ" come and therefore Jesus next.

Guess who want to get microchips? Texans. Yes, they are most religious Christians, yet they can't WAIT for it to happen in their schools because it "fulfills" the bible prophecies they believe in...

So many books all saying "Illuminati is Devil" but not many (if even one) saying that ALL religion including Christianity is being used for Illuminati purposes.

you can't just sit around meditating all day and sending loving kindness and expect the world to change

Do you know why that is? Because "They" use black magic AND action so of course that is more powerful than people who just sit around with visualization. This stuff is strong but the bad side use it WITH action so only WITH action will things change.

occult practices and secret societies are all negative

Yes, secret order tend to be evil, or at least the deepest parts of organization. If they truly believe we are all one why would they be hiding information? Something to think about their intentions...

anyone pushing for "Oneness" is a deceiver

No, but most are. Some people actually EXPERIENCED oneness with whole universe and now want that joy to be given to others, but most evil will use it to trick others into doing their will.

The true oneness does not judge anyone since it knows it is all connected. A "oneness" pushing a cause is not the true oneness.... (no matter how good or evil it seems to be).

anyone claiming to use Reiki, Qi-Gong, Meditation, etc is channeling a demonic entity.

Reiki, and Qi are not entities, it is pure energy. Spirits such as demons are made UP of energy (including humans and physical beings). This pure essence is life itself.

Meditation is just focus on one thing whether it be silence, one object, can be one being for channeling but if it make you uncomfortable you can use meditation as silence or for ONE object to understand more, and NOT channeling if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

I totally believe that there are those who have been, and will continue, to subvert these ancient teachings so that others believe they are false and misleading. It seems to me that it is really amping up at this time.

Reminds me of how "they" are admitting that the bible was copied from other sources, such as Jesus turning water to wine copied from story of Dionysus. Just because something is "copied" that doesn't meant there is NO truth in it, nor does it mean that NONE of its teachings are true.....

So my long winded question is this: Do you see this happening as well and where do you think it is coming from? Is there any truth to it? For those who live these truths, have we been deceived into pushing a false propaganda? Is "Oness" a lie and only a means to get more people onto the side of Satan?

"They" know that fear is the greatest tool to control, so they LOVE that people believe in Satan. In ancient Egypt they used to tell them to be "good slaves" and work hard or evil underworld god Set will get them. lol

Set > Seth > Sat > Satan (Lord of Darkness, Underworld or Hell - it is the same Mythology)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

I don't dispute that, nor did I imply it. Let's not derail the thread any further. Apologies OP.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

See what you were saying sounded real good,seeking understanding,about doubt etc.

Then god and satan crept in,not as concepts but more like realities and again that part ruined it for me.

Truth or not,dieties ruin spirituality again.lol

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
one of the facts I have heard a few times from those pushing others to stay away from this kind of spiritual teachings is that in Occult Sciences everything is reversed. Light means Dark, God means Devil, etc

I have found no truth to this....anyone else?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fastbob72
reply to post by Glass

See what you were saying sounded real good,seeking understanding,about doubt etc.

Then god and satan crept in,not as concepts but more like realities and again that part ruined it for me.

Truth or not,dieties ruin spirituality again.lol

Sorry mate, I suppose I should define what I mean by God and Satan.

I'm not a Christian, so I dont believe in God as an all powerful king residing in an otherworldly heaven, nor do I believe in Satan as a fallen angel. I speak of them as realities, yes, but because I believe that makes the words more powerful than if I beat around the bush saying "suppose God is like this" and such.

I also referred to Satan because the OP had asked whether Satan was deceiving us. I don't see Satan as a powerful malicious demonic entity, but, as I stated before, a collection of thoughts and ideas which cause one to act in opposition to their own interests and the interests of others (which are one and the same). It is essentially "evil personified", a being of energy (thoughts are a form of energy) whose purpose is to challenge us.

God, on the other hand, refers to the source of all existence, infinite/expanding in all directions, even inwardly. "He" is also one with his creation, thus "he" is the sum of all things. Obviously there can only be one "God" since the term encompasses everything ad infinitium.

I can understand why use of these terms can be kind of a turn off, but remember that the universe uses many different media for communication. You can find meaning even in the ramblings of an irrational bible thumper if you can get past the language used. Open your mind.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join