It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Switzerland arming in preparation for European meltdown?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The Swiss Army is preparing contingency plans for violent unrest across Europe. A nation mostly famous for its banks, watches and chocolate fears it may face a massive influx of European refugees in the near future.

One of the world’s richest nations openly expressed concerns over the possible outcome of Europe’s continuing financial troubles, and is currently conducting army exercises against the possibility of riots along its borders.

rt.com...

I found this interesting and it makes you wonder if TPTB are aware of something we are not. Preparing for mass civil unrest on their own borders from trouble in Europe. Further I read that Greece has been told it is not allowed to cut funding for it military by the banks. Which is massive in relation to its population size.

It looks to me like maybe someone is preparing for mass unrest as the banks continue to plunge in their death spiral...
edit on 12-10-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

AWESOME post, i totally agree...

edit: seems silly to me to post a BLANK topic with a subject but nothing in it, only to fill it in later?

let me guess, you wanted to be the first with the topic?
edit on 12-10-2012 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Faith has been restored in ATS! Love the input

I'm kidding, I know the post will be here in a minute

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

OK so the EU just got awarded the Nobel Peace Prize and now their richest neighbour state decides to prepare for massive civil unrest.

Geez, then they wonder why so many conspiracies abound about TPTB and what they know and have planned for the next stage of their agenda.

America - once your disarmed your next - hint: Stay armed and arm yourself to the teeth!

edit on 12-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Changed "member" to "neighbour state"

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Switzerland has a very well trained armed force. They just keep to themselves that is all...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Switzerland has a very well trained armed force. They just keep to themselves that is all...

LOL - my initial comment was in relation to your post being BLANK.

I am well aware of Switzerlands military prowess.

See my comment now that I have edited it to suit your post content

S&F

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by purplemer

OK so the EU just got awarded the Nobel Peace Prize and now their richest member decides to prepare for massive civil unrest.

edit on 12-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: OP finally presented the post

Switzerland is not a member of EU although is European country

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Douriff

Good for them

2nd

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'd imagine every army has plans for pretty much every eventuality, so the Swiss take a look around and decide they need to beef up a bit, its nothing more than good planning and with the prices going up for the raw materials for bullets its cheaper to order ahead and have the ammo on hand rather than suddenly have to pay some middle man 3 times the price

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Switzerland is a huge banking haven because it is outside of the EU and keeps out of international bodies that could potentially regulate it or force it to comply to outside rules. Because it is a fortress nation and because it is roundly neutral in world affairs, it has been for centuries a safe place to launder money. With public attention increasingly focused on the misdemeanors of bankers and financiers, Switzerland faces the increasingly real threat of being seen as an enemy of the people of Europe. Switzerland remembers well the totalitarian, populist regimes that have sprung up in Europe in times of turmoil. Mussolini, Stalin, Hitler, Robespierre; when the people see the wealthy as their enemy they first take extreme measures in their own nation and they then proceed to export terror across the continent.

Heightened security in Switzerland is a sign that the second-speed European nations are due to collapse into anarchy. Watch out especially for the "Golden Dawn" party in Greece.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
First of all, this is my first post here :-D

Switserland has an outstanding, well trained army.
The comment about Greece to not being allowed for cuts into it's military...
Think... Germany is the mayor contributor in financial aids towards Greece...
And Germany is also by far the biggest weaponsupplier for Greece...
Yeps.. Tbtb are washing each others hands...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This is across the board, many countries are preparing for emergency situations.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Funny how things "progress".

I remember the time when we could read on European or American news sources how things were going to be in the Soviet Union or any other country on the other side of the iron country.

Now we can read on a Russian news source how things are going to be in the European Union.

Today's sources are probably just as far from reality as the older sources were at the time, they are probably also working more based on wishful thinking than reason, as the other sources did back then.

As usual, time will tell.

PS: I already witnessed a revolution during my life, what are the odds of witnessing a second?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but when I stumbled upon this bit of information I decided to find a more "credible" news outlet, as the original source didn't seem too credible. Upon search for "swiss gearing up for civil unrest", it took me 3 pages to sort through random blogs and websites to find a link to NBC World News. The majority of the sites listed on the first 2 pages should certainly not be pushing www.nbcnews.com all the way to spot 2 on page 3. www.rt.com (which is linked here) wasn't even listed until page 6!

Here are screenshots I took as "proof":

Quite interesting I must say... considering they should be outranking sites like this (first page):

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Congratulations and a gracious, "Thank You", for mentioning the perils of the rising Golden Dawn mob in Greece.
They are slowly gathering more supporters right across EU and in America - according to a series of youtubes etc.
Everything Germany walked through, prior to WW2 , is on the brew. This is a highly financed mob of futuristic planners and I often wonder if its they, who dreamt-up the OWS, plus a list of other global riots. Is this why the media are being officially damped down??

The Brink is getting closer each day, so wish you all well

top topics

join