It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
I believe God talks to us more than people realize. I believe I hear God every day, in my own head and in the words of others. It's pretty easy to hear Him if you consider that He knows everything, from every dark corner of our hearts and minds and has set things up to play out just as they are.

Of course. One can hear anything they will. Just don't think others will hear it, too, that easily...

Here's me again... I told to myself I wouldn't discuss about religion on this site anymore

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by scarybear

It's not like anyone really "knows" what they are talking about. They only know what they have been taught, what they fear, and what they want to believe. And those are the only real factors that determine our faiths in this time. Yes, even mind...although I have trained myself to resist emotional bias. The closest I come is intuition, and I take great care to examine it for influence from my desires and fears.

I take very little chance with the truth - as much as I can control, that is.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Part of science is accepting all evidence, including personal emotions and intuitions. Denying something on the basis of "that's just what you were taught/read/want to believe" is dismissive of the evidence. The problem lies in the fact that if God exists, he sees everything in our minds and has planned accordingly. So that feeling you get that you are right or wrong or whatever you feel when you question the nature of things, if God is real, he put that feeling there.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Part of science is accepting all evidence, including personal emotions and intuitions. Denying something on the basis of "that's just what you were taught/read/want to believe" is dismissive of the evidence. The problem lies in the fact that if God exists, he sees everything in our minds and has planned accordingly. So that feeling you get that you are right or wrong or whatever you feel when you question the nature of things, if God is real, he put that feeling there.

And such, questioning god's existence / denying his existence was put in my and many other's heads by him? I fail to understand that, could you ellaborate on this point?

And please, do not say we cannot understand the way of god.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

sounds like the same God who spoke to me.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I would never use such an excuse. I believe that we question God for the same reason we question everything, which is simple curiosity. We cannot prove God, because he does not want to be proven, but we still question and are never satisfied by the answer, until we are. Personally, I've gone through years of questioning and doubting God's existence. But I was never satisfied with any explanation anybody else could offer. So I searched for my own. For years I studied various texts and testimonies and theories, and finding none suitable, I came up with my own answers. I figured, if there is no God, I cannot see how there could be a universe. Something came before the big bang, and if you continue that process up and keep asking "what came before that?" the only answer that works (for me) is God. And I still question it. It seems too easy, too simple. Until I took that step to trust in Him, and then my faith started to grow, and continues to, throughout every challenge that he sends my way.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

Why does god not want to be proven?

And I do wonder if god, having created the whole universe, is an entity that would care about our faith or lack thereof?

To make things clear, I don't support those who claim there surely isn't a god nor those who say there is a god, in the religious common sense... I know I might be standing over the wall on this
but actually I think lately you can call me an agnostic theist, in the sense we don't understand the nature of this "divinity".

But to come back into the topic, something that might be worth discussing: If god created all; isn't every action, every event the action / word of god? Perhaps what I am saying is the word of god, perhaps the storm outside is the word of god, in the sense it's the revelation of his conscience...

Anyway, I think I've gone a bit wild on that one

Thanks for answering!
edit on 17/10/2012 by scarybear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
On February 2, 2000 while doing dishes out of the blue the thought came to me: "I will carry you." It really caught be by surprise as I was not thinking of any particular problems or concerns. I thought where the heck did that come from?

I like to think it was the Lord. Somebody was/is on my side looking after me. Yippee!!!! I wrote it on a post-it-note with the date and taped in to the inside of one of my cupboards.

Darned if I didn't forget about it for many years, but when remembered last year, it was cool to look and see that old note still taped to the cupboard.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Beautiful. I know just what you mean. I think anybody who claims to know for sure is a fool.

I think God does not want to be proven because even proof is not enough for some people. If God came down to Earth and said "Here I am," how many would believe him? Only those with faith. Which is strangely reminiscient of what the NT says about Christ. In Christ's own words "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand." To understand God, we have to first open ourselves to his Spirit, otherwise the message of the cross seems like foolishness. I could cite scripture for all of this, but it isn't necessary.

Added with edit:

I don't think God would have created the universe at all if he did not care for the created. If he didn't care, why wouldn't God erase the physical universe and just create his own heaven? I would assume he would feel things such as guilt and regret at having created a world with so much pain in it for no reason. In the Old Testament, God warns Abraham of the imminent destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham says to God "Would you spare the city for 50 of the righteous?" and God said "I would." Abraham says "What if there were only 40?" God says "I would spare them." Abraham asks "What if 30... 20... 10?" God says "I would." So God sends his angels to warn Lot and his wife that they as the only righteous of God in the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah that he should flee from the destruction of the two cities. Why is this important? Before creation, God had eternity to think. I believe he thought of our creation, and though very few of us are worthy to enter his kingdom, he would not allow non-existence for those few who live according to his spirit.
edit on 17-10-2012 by SpiritofEnoch because: Answered another question I didn't see before

edit on 17-10-2012 by SpiritofEnoch because: Fixing typos

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

Thank you mate, I understand better your point of view now.

Just as a quick thought though... Is your signature a reference to Green Day? I do like them a lot

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Sure is. I may be guilty of reading too much into their music, but something tells me I'm not wrong to.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
On February 2, 2000 while doing dishes out of the blue the thought came to me: "I will carry you." It really caught be by surprise as I was not thinking of any particular problems or concerns. I thought where the heck did that come from?

I like to think it was the Lord. Somebody was/is on my side looking after me. Yippee!!!! I wrote it on a post-it-note with the date and taped in to the inside of one of my cupboards.

Darned if I didn't forget about it for many years, but when remembered last year, it was cool to look and see that old note still taped to the cupboard.

Thanks for your reply. That is very interesting, did it cause you fear or comfort?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

did it cause you fear or comfort

Because people totally love to write down scary stuff and keep it in their cupboards to look at. After reading her post and reading your response, I feel sarcasm was a very appropriate response.
edit on 26-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jhill76

did it cause you fear or comfort

Because people totally love to write down scary stuff and keep it in their cupboards to look at. After reading her post and reading your response, I feel sarcasm was a very appropriate response.
edit on 26-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Hmm. By your posts it seems you have a limited view of others. She could have been either comforted or fear for that moment she heard it, calmed down, then wrote it later, thus is why I asked.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Do you believe in other dimensions?

I remember stumping you on another thread explaining that someone who believes in another dimension and yet does not believe in the possibly of multi dimensional aliens (or Angels/demons) in some case are a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Beautiful. I know just what you mean. I think anybody who claims to know for sure is a fool.

I think God does not want to be proven because even proof is not enough for some people. If God came down to Earth and said "Here I am," how many would believe him? Only those with faith. Which is strangely reminiscient of what the NT says about Christ. In Christ's own words "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand." To understand God, we have to first open ourselves to his Spirit, otherwise the message of the cross seems like foolishness. I could cite scripture for all of this, but it isn't necessary.

Added with edit:

I don't think God would have created the universe at all if he did not care for the created. If he didn't care, why wouldn't God erase the physical universe and just create his own heaven? I would assume he would feel things such as guilt and regret at having created a world with so much pain in it for no reason. In the Old Testament, God warns Abraham of the imminent destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham says to God "Would you spare the city for 50 of the righteous?" and God said "I would." Abraham says "What if there were only 40?" God says "I would spare them." Abraham asks "What if 30... 20... 10?" God says "I would." So God sends his angels to warn Lot and his wife that they as the only righteous of God in the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah that he should flee from the destruction of the two cities. Why is this important? Before creation, God had eternity to think. I believe he thought of our creation, and though very few of us are worthy to enter his kingdom, he would not allow non-existence for those few who live according to his spirit.
edit on 17-10-2012 by SpiritofEnoch because: Answered another question I didn't see before

edit on 17-10-2012 by SpiritofEnoch because: Fixing typos

Well said.

Many would sadly claim it is Satan if this happened.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I know I'm a bit late to join but have you ever thought that every time your conscience "speaks" to tell you what's right and wrong that that is god? And that when you hear yourself say in your head "That's bad, I shouldn't do that" that that is god speaking to you as well? So sure, I believe god can and does talk to you, every day actually.

Some people choose to ignore their conscience because they desire greed, this is the spirit called "Satan", in my opinion. Any time someone contemplates taking money over doing the right thing, that is Satan tempting them. Most people today cannot overcome the temptation which is why Earth has all these wars going on all the time and all the greed and corruption in the media and politics.

edit on 12-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

it's more like having an Angel on one shoulder and a demon on the other but then you realize they were all FORGIVEN. even the FALLEN.

Careful what you feed your angel/demon sweets and booze in moderation......but not hard liquor it's called spirits for a reason.
edit on 1/12/2013 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
I ask most people if they need confirmation or want guidance, why don't they just ask Father. They respond, that they do indeed pray. But, why don't these same people, hold and wait for an answer back?

Most will tell you, either God doesn't speak, it will be your own voice, or that you will contact an evil spirit claiming to be God.

So, how does one actually hear God speak with words, and not just feelings? Is it even possible?

Try listening to love, because God is love. Many times love has guided me to do something and I have failed to listen. I have actually been told what to do and what the outcome of not listening would be. When I failed to listen and acted with my own will, exactly what the father said would happen, happened. I know this could not have come from me because I fought against it not wanting to believe it.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's all mind. Maya. Inner voices, channeling and ALL spiritual experiences are all manifested from mind.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join