It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyobody Pays The Price For Living In America...???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You complain about taxes acting like the Government is robbing you. I am sick of the ones who complain. Don't like it Move to Asia, Russia, Africa, see how you like that. Everybody pays taxes to help with the infrastructure of our nation, to help care for the people who can't care for themself, and those that want to complain about abortion, what about the nation's mentally retarded, with testing they can be determined before they are born to be mentally retarded, but you'd have them born into the world and have no safety net though to take care of them. (Usually those against paying their taxes are pro life so that is my reasoning for this sentence). If you think taking money from your earnings is theft then take it up with the IRS...see how far that gets you, bucko.

Also if you ship stuff that is supposedly from an American company from Indonesia, Meaning you have an American Brand name on it and the company started in America but you started outsourcing your manufacturing to your overseas business in Indonesia, You should pay 60% Taxes on shipping it here to the US, that's what you need to pay because you're backing your product with "American" Craftsmanship and NOT delivering AMERICAN craftsmanship. And those items I have noticed have been the crappiest crap made nothing lasts anymore. When things were made here they were made right. And they lasted!!!

I also just love the beauty of those that do complain they want to keep more of their money think WE, the people who already pay 36% of our wages as opposed to between 14%-28% THEY SO GRACIOUSLY PAY, should make up for their arrogance and hubris by paying more talk about hypocrites. When you take 36% of our earning you're really taking our livlihood but we don't go around balking "wah wah wah I don't want my money robbed from me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah". No But your 14-28% is 1/4 of your earnings (nevermind the already millions sitting in Guam somewhere) wheras 36% of our earnings is 1/3 of our livlihood, most of us don't have tax shelters with millions to live off of offshore somewhere. We only have our annual earnings and nothing more. And I am not talking one living beyond their means at all, I am talking about 1/3 of the nation that is currently underemployed scraping by; that number actually is probably larger than a third of the nation. It's probably more accurate to say half of the nation. But I'll be generous here.

If you don't want to pay for welfare, move to Delaware, there's also a couple more states that don't take state taxes out of earnings, because that's where welfare comes out of, state taxes not federal taxes so find the states like Delaware (YOU aint gonna like that pighole trust me). It's the new Detroit and soon to follow suit, see that's what happens when the selfish, egotistical, whiners win in this world. But keep on believing you all should get a free ride and tell us we are the ones with entitlement issues, You're just showing what idiots you truly are.

real class, just goes to show no matter how much money you have, that it doesn't buy class or charm...some people need to go enroll in charm school and economics 101 real fast.

And in closing I would like to ask that if you really think you're being robbed at gunpoint, please feel free to evacuate this lying thieving nation.
edit on 12-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

edit on 12-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: spaces etc

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Funny thing, the US is the only country in the world that taxes based on citizenship rather than residence. So if I move to Singapore, the IRS still sends me a bill.

What? Renounce my citizenship? The US demands that you pay an exit tax, certify that you have been tax compliant for five years prior to leaving, and your relatives and heirs who still are citizens can be dinged for the taxes that the US government thinks the former-citizen owes.

So now that I have throughly dismantled your notion: any other ideas?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

For a loved one id gladly pay the price for living in america..

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I do not think people are griping about actually paying taxes, but more so the lack of efficiency on the part of government when utilizing said taxes.

Just a few examples:

The public school system is a joke.

Our roads/highways are a joke.

Welfare is a joke.

Social Security is a joke.

Subsidies are a joke.

Bailouts are a joke.

edit on 12-10-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: face!

edit on 12-10-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Well that should be changed is all I can say. Then again if you don't want to pay renounce citizenship. Not too difficult to do that is it? I don't know what else to say. But yeah this particular law should be taken off the books especially since we have no population issues here, except overpopulation, so we could stand to lose a few bodies. Just saying. There are plenty to pay into taxes. Especially if they offer amnesty and citizenship to the illegals and they can start paying their fair share instead of sucking out our funds.
edit on 12-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
You complain about taxes acting like the Government is robbing you. I am sick of the ones who complain. Don't like it Move to Asia, Russia, Africa, see how you like that. Everybody pays taxes to help with the infrastructure of our nation, to help care for the people who can't care for themself, and those that want to complain about abortion, what about the nation's mentally retarded, with testing they can be determined before they are born to be mentally retarded, but you'd have them born into the world and have no safety net though to take care of them. (Usually those against paying their taxes are pro life so that is my reasoning for this sentence). If you think taking money from your earnings is theft then take it up with the IRS...see how far that gets you, bucko.

Also if you ship stuff that is supposedly from an American company from Indonesia, Meaning you have an American Brand name on it and the company started in America but you started outsourcing your manufacturing to your overseas business in Indonesia, You should pay 60% Taxes on shipping it here to the US, that's what you need to pay because you're backing your product with "American" Craftsmanship and NOT delivering AMERICAN craftsmanship. And those items I have noticed have been the crappiest crap made nothing lasts anymore. When things were made here they were made right. And they lasted!!!

I also just love the beauty of those that do complain they want to keep more of their money think WE, the people who already pay 36% of our wages as opposed to between 14%-28% THEY SO GRACIOUSLY PAY, should make up for their arrogance and hubris by paying more talk about hypocrites. When you take 36% of our earning you're really taking our livlihood but we don't go around balking "wah wah wah I don't want my money robbed from me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah". No But your 14-28% is 1/4 of your earnings (nevermind the already millions sitting in Guam somewhere) wheras 36% of our earnings is 1/3 of our livlihood, most of us don't have tax shelters with millions to live off of offshore somewhere. We only have our annual earnings and nothing more. And I am not talking one living beyond their means at all, I am talking about 1/3 of the nation that is currently underemployed scraping by; that number actually is probably larger than a third of the nation. It's probably more accurate to say half of the nation. But I'll be generous here.

If you don't want to pay for welfare, move to Delaware, there's also a couple more states that don't take state taxes out of earnings, because that's where welfare comes out of, state taxes not federal taxes so find the states like Delaware (YOU aint gonna like that pighole trust me). It's the new Detroit and soon to follow suit, see that's what happens when the selfish, egotistical, whiners win in this world. But keep on believing you all should get a free ride and tell us we are the ones with entitlement issues, You're just showing what idiots you truly are.

real class, just goes to show no matter how much money you have, that it doesn't buy class or charm...some people need to go enroll in charm school and economics 101 real fast.

And in closing I would like to ask that if you really think you're being robbed at gunpoint, please feel free to evacuate this lying thieving nation.

edit on 12-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: spaces etc

Detriot was built opon the welfare state.

It is easy to be generous with someone else's money.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
All are welcome in Canada

Taxes are still pretty high, but i feel like a get a pretty good bang for my buck, as it were..

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

I agree with you. But these people that complain they are able to use their cash to lobby too. Go lobby to change things to have the government show what they spent and how efficient it was. Change the system instead of balking about it,

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
All are welcome in Canada

Taxes are still pretty high, but i feel like a get a pretty good bang for my buck, as it were..

That was my point a lot of these places have higher taxes. True they may have a more efficient government, hopefully. (Doubtful when it comes to nations in Africa which is why I used them as an example).

And the Canadian national healthare system I am sure that those people would cry about paying that.
edit on 12-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: add

edit on 12-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: clarity

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Delaware is completely opposite and is turning into a dump too.
Either extreme is really bad from my experience. However people that don't like their state's rules have the option of moving to a better state. What happened to CA I heard that is also pretty much a welfare state and they're still kicking I assume because of Hollywood. That brings in lots of cash flow.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

For a loved one id gladly pay the price for living in america..

I hear ya.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

What happened to CA I heard that is also pretty much a welfare state and they're still kicking I assume because of Hollywood. That brings in lots of cash flow.

Is CA still "kicking"?

3rd CA city files for bankruptcy in less than two weeks
More CA cities to go bankrupt
Forbes, CA under fiscal insanity
California Goes Bankrupt

Maybe "kicking" as in death throes.

Nearly four million more people have left the Golden State in the last two decades than have come from other states. This is a sharp reversal from the 1980s, when 100,000 more Americans were settling in California each year than were leaving. According to Mr. Kotkin, most of those leaving are between the ages of 5 and 14 or 34 to 45. In other words, young families. WSJ

Hollywoods declining revenues
Hollywood: A year of disappointment
Hollywood revenues slump

So think about this from an investment standpoint. Forget that if you dont pay up you're going to prison or worst.
Let's pretend it's a nice charity or investment that operates on the up and up without threats or duress.

Wouldnt you just be a little bit ticked off if say Red Cross International blew all your money and shut down leaving all the people they served worse off than when they started helping? If Google or MS took all your money and then closed up shop, like say Solyndra did, wouldnt you be asking some questions and looking for the responsible party?

And even if you could place blame you'd still be out those thousand and thousands of dollars you so generously gave.
edit on 12-10-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yes but it's not a dump most parts aren't that is.
I don't know they're still not people abandoning ship there I don't know the point is is if people don't really want to pay into a corrupt system stop complaining and get it changed or abandon ship. Policies will change when they see people are getting serious and taking some kind of action. If the system wasn't here at all, though I can assure you even the very very wealthy would not be very happy because then the people who want to do us harm would be able to have a field day, just saying.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I agree with a lot of what you said.

My only problem with taxes is what it is going toward.
I think the top 1% should be paying for 90% of the taxes in this country.

I would be content with dirt roads instead of the blacktop and and interstate system for example.
My car can get around just fine on dirt roads.
Or the fact my taxes go toward paying for the Major Ports in this country to bring in all the junk from China.

Good luck to the Mega Corps and Business shipping their products around!
That would increase local business opportunities anyhow.

I also do not like my taxes going to the Military Industrial Complex to protect financial and business interests around the world.
Let them pay for it!

Anyone that agrees with our offensive military is more than welcome to cut a check to uncle Sam to pay for it.

I pay thousands of dollars in taxes a year and would rather that go toward helping the people of this COUNTRY, and not for the anti American Traitors selling their soul to other countries like China.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Delaware is completely opposite and is turning into a dump too.
Either extreme is really bad from my experience. However people that don't like their state's rules have the option of moving to a better state. What happened to CA I heard that is also pretty much a welfare state and they're still kicking I assume because of Hollywood. That brings in lots of cash flow.

That is the benefit of not having federal programs...so that the states make the decisions and people can pick and choose the states that align with their principles. California is a welfare state and it has some of the largest deficits of any state and it is getting untenable there as well. The problem is, and always will be, spending more than you take in.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

You complain about taxes acting like the Government is robbing you. I am sick of the ones who complain. Don't like it Move to Asia, Russia, Africa, see how you like that.

So, your position is that if someone has it worse, then your own personal unhappiness is invalidated? Is that a recipe for making America a better place, or merely for propping up the faltering system?

Everybody pays taxes to help with the infrastructure of our nation, to help care for the people who can't care for themself,

Um., the press has been playing a tape of Romney saying that 47% don't pay any net federal tax. No one has challenged that number. So, it sounds like not "everyone pays." Personally, I don't mind paying for folks who CAN'T help themselves; it's the folks who don't bother to help themselves that drive me nuts.

and those that want to complain about abortion, what about the nation's mentally retarded, with testing they can be determined before they are born to be mentally retarded, but you'd have them born into the world and have no safety net though to take care of them.

No, those aren't my family's values. When my wife was expecting, we always refused the "disability tests." We we preparing to love our babies, regardless of their levels of neediness.

Part of the problem with US healthcare is that it ISN'T a free market system. Doctors can charger different customers different amounts, something that is inherently unfair and illegal in many industries. I got charged "full price" because I had insurance and had an income. The docs would have charged less if I had no insurance, in order to the Fed, with tax dollars to pay the bill.

The ultimate, non-political problem is that trying to work for a living is risky. You can get fired, or get sick, or have your business fail. But going on welfare is guaranteed. There is less and less reason to try and find work, and keep it, when "someone else's money" is guaranteed for as long as you want to live in bad housing and put up with a gritty lifestyle---but that's ok for people who just want to do drugs all day anyway.

Basically, our system punishes people who try, and provides a "safety net" for the ones who give up---all in the name of providing for those who say they cannot provide for themselves.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001
My only problem with taxes is what it is going toward.
I think the top 1% should be paying for 90% of the taxes in this country.

If the Govt seized every penny from every millionaire, RIGHT NOW, it would only pay the US operating costs for the next six months or so. The few (the one percent?) are not so rich that they own everything. It's corporations that own the assets, and seizing their assets would shut the biggest ones down. Like GM, ExxonMobil, Boeing, etc. Millions would have no jobs. Of course, no one could buy all that property, either.

I would be content with dirt roads instead of the blacktop and and interstate system for example.
My car can get around just fine on dirt roads.

Maybe, but the trucks that bring shipments to your grocery store, and the utility trucks that keep electricity going to your house, couldn't get around fast enough to serve you.

Every time it rained and the roads turned to mud, there would be no groceries for a week.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I live here in the US and I don't object to paying taxes.

What I object to is a tax system that is so complex that you need to hire accountants so you can complete your tax return.

I'd like to see a much simpler tax system.

Everyone including corporations should pay some minimum tax. I don't think that GE should be able to have a profit of over a billion dollars and file a 56,000 page tax return and end up not paying a cent in tax.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

I'd gladly stay in America if a loved one were to come over......

I hear what you are saying however its the mismanagement of funds by elected officials that seem to make us angry about taxes....perfect example...

When Govenor O'Malley was mayor of Baltimore he lost 50 million dollars going to public schools, the woman who was incharge of Baltimore City schools (Sheila Dixon) became mayor after he left with no accountability.My elderly mother in law....on a fixed income was paying property taxes that was like a second mortgage on her home....plus $500 gas and electric bills.....oh and no parking without passes....you have to pay for every little nuance in that city....when she moved there in 70's she did not sign up for that......she was eventually forced from her home because of it, and still the city deteriorates into a crime ridden sesspit.......residents are extremely poor they are stuck there.....no one wants to buy their homes.

This is because the city is killing its host...

Is it because people are more poor, or is it because the city is forcing people to live in poverty because they want more money? Seldom do we see any of it....I got out of that place in 2010.....only because I won a scratch off....otherwise my husband and I would still be working 4 crap jobs between us to just to cover living expenses.

edit on 12-10-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I do object but I can tolerate it.

The one tax that I find absolutely abhorrent and a direct assault to my life and everyone else, the one tax that would without hesitation shoot over is property tax.

In an instant you can lose everything you own and be sent back to a level of complete destitution.

That shouldnt heppen to anyone.

It's one thing to suffer an undue tragedy such as a medical problem or natural disaster.

But when the same government who cuts checks to your destitute neighbor comes knocking with an order to vacate your home and surrender all your belongings something is terribly wrong. Wrong and sick.

Paying a never ending rent makes you a sharecropper incapable of living free and always wondering when that dagger hanging above your head is going to fall.

I will shoot over that tax. Only a devil would deliver that notice. And I'll burn the structure and salt the earth before I die.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join