It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My eyesight is getting better

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I am both far-sighted and near-sighted with astigmatism in both eyes, not severely but enough to require glasses for reading and for driving (though I just slide under the legal limit to have to wear them by law). I also have poor night vision.

Well, I have a small skin cancer (that is being removed next week) that hits just where my glasses sit, so I have stopped wearing them as not to irritate it. Well after about a week, I noticed I could see small print again, the phone book, the newspaper, and even novels.

I also have noticed that my night vision is getting clearer and clearer, to the point where I am not nervous about staying out of town past dark (a fear I have had for my entire life because of poor night vision while driving). I drove home last night on a dark highway and didn't need to even turn on my brights.

Now, I am not saying it is some kind of miracle, I am FAR from blind, but I am curious as to why my eyesight at 46 is improving. Not much on google, Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
A persons refractive error (amount of near/far sightedness and astigmatism) can change noticably every 12 to 18 months. How long since your last exam? Late 30's & early 40's your focusing system begins to get weaker and slower by nature too. Folks do tend to get less nearsighted between 40 and 55 or so. If you've not ever been a full-time wearer of specs or contacts, your vision has likely been pretty good all along. Id advise an eye exam if you haven't had one in a year or more.

ETA should also mention that short-term fluctuations in vision might indicate instability of blood glucose. Not sure if you have diabetes or a family history of such, but its something to consider.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

join