It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jihadist militants join rebels to seize Syrian air defense near Aleppo, activists say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Jihadist militants join rebels to seize Syrian air defense near Aleppo, activists say

www.washingtonpost.com

Anti-regime activists say jihadist fighters linked to al-Qaida fought with rebels to capture a Syrian military air defense base near Aleppo.

Videos posted online Friday apparently shot inside the base say Jabhat al-Nusra participated in the overnight battle for the base. The videos show fighters inspecting lines of large missiles.

Two Aleppo-based activists and Rami Abdul-Rahman, head of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, also say Jabhat al-Nusra fought in the battle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Is this the same Al-Qaida that is on the list of the United States terrorist organizations?

If so, the United States and it's allies have openly aided and supported a terrorist organization, again.

This is becoming beyond bizarre how the supposed good guys are chumming up with their so called "enemies".

They are fighting them in places like Somalia, Pakistan, and Yemen but continue to use them as assets in places such as Libya and Syria.

And to to think that wars have been waged over this organization and it's supposed activities, we should all be very angry about this as it is another blatant example of our governments lying about things to forward their agenda.

Hey Western Nations (governments)...why do you continue to support Al-Qaida and their allies after you have waged wars against them?

I think the answer is obvious but I will not fill my OP with bias and speculation but still I welcome you all to share your thoughts and opinions on this.

I mean seriously, they might as well be funding Hezbollah as well

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Why not? It's a brilliant strategy. Destroy them where you don't need them. Feed them where you really need them.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Ah great. So al qeada and the rebels (read: al qeada lite) captured a base with missiles?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Isn't russia backing syria? And nato backing turkey? And alqeda created by cia?

This could get ugly fast

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Why not? Because when they are done "where we need them" they turn on us with the weapons they supplied us. In this case they just captured Syrian missiles.. that ought to be fun to pry away from them when this is all over.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yup Syria is a farce.

Unfortunately there is no one above the US government to appeal too. The same government has its population under thumb and any attempt to call them out on said issues are either met with silence or spun so wildy that no one knows the truth anymore.

I just picture a massive warehouse, with a white interior filled with hundreds of desks and analysts working on these kinds of things.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Why not? It's a brilliant strategy. Destroy them where you don't need them. Feed them where you really need them.

Except that this will amplify the problem we'll face when all of these different opposition factions get the job done and realise that they actually quite hate each other - and that they don't particularly like us very much either.

It's quite difficult to justify removing Assad's government when you come to terms with just how much of a mess the country will be afterwards.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Is this the same Al-Qaida that is on the list of the United States terrorist organizations?

If so, the United States and it's allies have openly aided and supported a terrorist organization, again.

I think the answer is obvious but I will not fill my OP with bias and speculation but still I welcome you all to share your thoughts and opinions on this.

Are you playing a game of cunning Persian propaganda style of chess? If so, your post on this thread and on many proves you are a poor player, capable of only fooling the naive and anti american clowns.

You claimed that you will 'not fill' your post with 'bias and speculation', but you ARE doing exactly that. Can you talk straight, or crookedness is your way of life?

Since when had USA and its allies supported Al Queda as you alledged? Where are the evidences? From the news report? Or another bout of hate filled diatribes from your anti-american gangs?

Truth is - USA and its allies had only supported the FSA and opposition groups against the HumanSlayer Assad with funds, medicines and non lethal military equipment. If the allies'full aid had stepped in, the civil war would have ended long ago.

Whoever those fighters are, they are reported to fighting against the humanslaying regime. Be there AQ or Mickey Mouse, their battles are only helping towards the end of the bloodshed that beast Assad attrition styled war is hell bent on.

They are not bombing innocent civilians the way that dog Assad had been doing for 2 years in Syria, or bombing civilians outside Syria. IF they had committed war crimes in Syria, if fact - ANYONE - will be charged later.

You called others to help the Hizbollahs? Why? Are they out of funds, and need you to help in a donation drive to pay for their slaughter of innocents around the world, as your persian apostate infidel leader is going broke now?

So, please, end your mental games. It is fooling no one. This is ATS.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

It's quite difficult to justify removing Assad's government when you come to terms with just how much of a mess the country will be afterwards.

Thank you for pointing out this very important fact

It will be Libya times a million...just think who might end up in power

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

In order to end up in power they would need both clout and public/foreign support. I don't think that there are any seriously radical parties that meet those requirements. Not yet anyway. I would expect the resulting new government to be reasonably agreeable, if not secular or democratic, due to the process being directly/indirectly managed by foreigners.

A real problem will be the residual hodgepodge of diverse militias without an interest in the new government. A lot hangs on whether countries with competing interests can agree on what sort of country Syria will become. For many reasons I too expect the transition to be more complex and tragic than that of Libya.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Are you playing a game of cunning Persian propaganda style of chess? If so, your post on this thread and on many proves you are a poor player, capable of only fooling the naive and anti american clowns.

You claimed that you will 'not fill' your post with 'bias and speculation', but you ARE doing exactly that. Can you talk straight, or crookedness is your way of life?

Since when had USA and its allies supported Al Queda as you alledged? Where are the evidences? From the news report? Or another bout of hate filled diatribes from your anti-american gangs?

Truth is - USA and its allies had only supported the FSA and opposition groups against the HumanSlayer Assad with funds, medicines and non lethal military equipment. If the allies'full aid had stepped in, the civil war would have ended long ago.

Whoever those fighters are, they are reported to fighting against the humanslaying regime. Be there AQ or Mickey Mouse, their battles are only helping towards the end of the bloodshed that beast Assad attrition styled war is hell bent on.

They are not bombing innocent civilians the way that dog Assad had been doing for 2 years in Syria, or bombing civilians outside Syria. IF they had committed war crimes in Syria, if fact - ANYONE - will be charged later.

You called others to help the Hizbollahs? Why? Are they out of funds, and need you to help in a donation drive to pay for their slaughter of innocents around the world, as your persian apostate infidel leader is going broke now?

So, please, end your mental games. It is fooling no one. This is ATS.

Just what rock ya been hiding under Pal? You need educating..........
Its common knowledge that the USA funded and armed the Libyan El qaida boys to conquer libya for the bankers......They are funding and assisting the Syrians too....14 stingers anyways ;last week...remember?
Saudi, Quatar, UAE, and turkey as well as Jordan assist the rebels even though they are shot through with el qaida boys.....
This story is talking about the rebels fighting IN CONCERT FOR THE MISSILES! but whos gonna control them? where will they end up? in some airliners wing?

Are your perceptions so dulled with NBC ABC FOX and Howdy Doodey, that you cannot read the script even when it held in front of your eyes?

edit on 12-10-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is one of those "we knew this was coming and were not looking forward to it" scenarios.

The main rebel militia fighting the Syrian government up until now has been a mostly non-extremist, Sunni Muslim effort. The leaders of the militia have stated openly their fears that winning the war against Assad will only lead to more civil war when the extremists decide to try and take power from the vacuum.

Now we're getting reports of the extremists groups starting to take very selective part in actions w/ the rebels.

No surprise there, they've sat back and let the rebels do most of the bleeding, waiting to see if there is enough of an effort there to do the job. As expected the extremists will continue to participate albeit in a very selective manner, picking and choosing battles they have the best odds of success with the least risk of losses. This will help them to establish credibility as being part of the liberation, gain access to funds, arms and recruits and raise their popularity with the public.

If and when Assad is defeated these groups will turn on the militia and each other and begin a new phase of the war that will make everything we've seen up until now look tame in comparison.

Worse, they may get the timing wrong and start trying to consolidate power before Assad is defeated which could lead to a division of forces and ultimately help the government remain standing.

If the general public willing to fight in Syria has any intelligence at all they will start shooting in two directions. They need to stop the extremists now if they can and reject their participation if at all possible. Unfortunately it can be very difficult to turn down the assistance of well armed and trained fighters, even if you may someday end up opposed to them. This kind of war is as old as sand in that part of that World, part of the complexities that can make it such a dangerous place for Western armies to get involved in.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Maybe reading the whole thing would make this article a bit more clear.

"Despite Western opposition to President Bashar Assad’s regime, the U.S. and other countries have cited the presence of extremists among the rebels as a reason not to supply the Syrian insurgents with weapons. They have repeatedly cited concerns of heavy weaponry falling into wrong hands."

This is the same article you use to make your points. If it is valid for your assertions, then it is equally valid for proving your assertions may not be totally correct.

edit on 12-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Just what rock ya been hiding under Pal? You need educating..........

Don't see it that way saw him taking someone else to "school".

Hey Western Nations (governments)...why do you continue to support Al-Qaida and their allies after you have waged wars against them?

Hey Easterm Nations (governments)...why do you continue to support Iran,Hezbollah and their allies after you have waged wars against them?
edit on 12-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I know what's coming, yeeey !!!
Whenever CE is schooled, he just goes on another search for incriminating evidence against the U.S – Israel. It's a “Fire and Forget” kind of threads. Its true conviction is not the search for truth but rather, spreading doubts and hatred, hoping that some of it will manage to slip in in the minds of the uneducated and naive.

In other words

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Please indicate how I was schooled, people seem to agree with me unlike you.

Please post something of substance other than your usual worthless diatribes of unfair and inaccurate character assassinations.

Syria is being over ran with Jihadist militants from other countries and you want me to believe they are freedom fighters fighting for the good for the Syrian people?4

Your posts get more pathetic each day gravi, I hope you get help bro.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

yeah......Holy crap!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Please indicate how I was schooled, people seem to agree with me unlike you.

Here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and all throughout your posts history.

“Syria is being over ran with Jihadist militants from other countries and you want me to believe they are freedom fighters fighting for the good for the Syrian people?”

The mass civil protests in Syria were initially peaceful in nature. It was only a matter of days until Bashar el Assad unleashed his armed forces against his own people with live fire, starting from small arms all the way to using artillery and fighter planes. Those Jihad militants who seized the opportunity appeared at the scene much later.

Your hypocrisy is quite disturbing. When you find it convenient, those Jihadist are “terrorists” and are responsible for the atrocities is Syria, but the next day they are all of a sudden freedom fighters you sympathize with and their cause.

This what you wrote in your Hip Hop thread:

"If you stole my land, tore down my home, killed my family, I would be doing a whole lot more than lobbing some home made rockets into empty fields, that's for damn sure”

Well, I for one would be happy if you put your money where your mouth is. you're more than welcome to join your Hamas buddies in Gaza.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

The mass civil protests in Syria were initially peaceful in nature.

I have a news article dating back from when the protests were happening which was reported by euro news and Israel national.

The protests weren't anything but peaceful. As in Libya the protesters started attacking the security forces whom were trying to keep the peace but it seems they the protesters already weapons in there position in which the protesters started attacking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join