It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Dems are excited about Biden's debate.performance.. why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Proof the debate is meaningless is seen plainly in this thread. Everyone who has praised Biden, awarded Biden a victory, or defended Biden's interruptions is clearly on record in other ATS threads as a supporter of the Obama/Biden ticket. Everyone who has praised Ryan or awarded Ryan a victory is clearly on record in other ATS threads as a supporter of the Romney/Ryan ticket. The handfull of fence sitters I've seen floating around ATS, along with most of the outside looking in candidates who were smoked in the primaries don't seem to care enough to even bother posting in this thread. Point to be made: The V.P. debate's only value to the campaign is to strengthen core support of each party, not sway anyone to one side or the other.

It's the no-name comedian who warms up the crowd before Johnny Carson takes the stage... Everybody wants to laugh, they're there to laugh, but they wouldn't walk across the street to listen to the guy who's making them laugh it it wasn't for the fact that the real show is coming up soon. We have been "blessed" with some serious clowns as vice presidents in America over the years. From Dan Quayle's derp-de-derp demeanor, to the hysterical hystrionics and Chicken Little act of Al Gore, to the crumudgeonly "Emperor Palpatine" act of Dick Cheney, to the Town Fool act of Joe Biden. I sadly don't know who is more entertaining and amusing, those Veeps or the folks who actually get strummed up by their essentially meaningless opinions and statements.

Love this post and completely quoting it for its truth!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I tried responding earlier but got caught in a 404 for some reason...I was hoping to see in the OP some examples of Dem's all excited about the Biden/dumbell debates but instead just got a rant or something. Bummer.

CJ

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Funny to watch people fight over liars. You can see a clear line of separation already. Why dont people just stop being coy and admit they are ALL a bunch of liars. Maybe then we can finally take a step forward instead of backwards.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Because he was confrontational and disrespectful? Because he interupted Ryan on a regular basis? Because he was dismissive and condesending? What exactly is the logic here?
reply to post by gncnew

more double talk hogwash.

When Obama was respectful & did not mud sling.. he lost.

while Romney lied & flip flopped all over the stage.. he won.

now you bad mouth the Vice President who was confident & in control

while a wet behind the ears no experience having puppet spouts

off the party line hogwash..

and all you can do is try to reverse it this week & say the VP was

TO aggressive?

wow. just wow.

nice try. did not work though.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Biden was fact-checking and correcting Ryan in real-time and at every incorrect statement made by Ryan. Biden was on his marks and owned Ryan in that debate

Ryan dodged answers and just flat-out beat around the bush without giving direct responses. Not to mention Ryan's obvious pre-programmed responses.

boom.

game.

set.

match.

thread closed.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
First Obama/Romney debate:
Dems called Romney "testy" (aka, disrespectful and rude). I didn't see it that way, but the hardcore dems did. They were making excuses for Obama..saying he was reserved, he was trying to stay on message, etc..and Romney came off as a bully.
aka, it was sour grapes because Obama lost. He didn't stand up for the base, he didn't stop any fibs that Romney was stating.

Of course the Repubs were spiking the football all over the place, like they just saved the baby jesus from a shark attack or something.
Because Romney won. he did..hands down, his presence was remembered against Obama's seemingly just woke up from a nap preformance.

Now its turn around time
And the Reps are towing the same lines the dems were (testy, rude, etc), the Dems are sort of spiking the football..sort of...personally, I thought it was a tie with advantage going to Biden overall. He won that, but the campaign isn't won or anything..it just may have stopped the momentum until the next R/O debates.

But his preformance was the strong one. Not because he interrupted..but because he interrupted with conviction and actual truth.
Personally, I don't like interruptions. I would rather mics simply not work until its your time to talk..otherwise, your just shouting into air.

But, this is how we have our debates...Jerry Springer episodes..let them talk over each other. The average voter seems to want entertainment over substance. So..there you go.

Joe won.
Its a pity people don't win through calm rational debates though..else Obama would have won the first debate.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
He made Ryan look foolish. If you can't see that, I feel sorry for you. And according to CNN, about half of people didn't see it.....
The following happened almost verbatim at the debate:

"ok so you keep criticizing us on Syria, what would you do about it?"
(long criticism of what the administration is doing with Syria)
"You're still not saying what you would do. Tell everyone what you would do."
"Well we wouldn't go to the UN." Ryan

freakin ridiculous. I don't really care for Obama, and won't be voting for him.....but how can people not see Romney and Ryan are full of #. Those direct quotes are a great summary of ALL of their positions.

Here's another gem:

"Oh we have a great plan that will fix the deficit, lower taxes, and increase military spending."
"I'd love to see the math for that."
"Oh we've worked out all the math. It works."
"Ok, show it to us"
"We can't. But trust us. The math works out. Trust us!"
(Not direct quotes, but captures the EXACT meaning of what was said.

edit on 13-10-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

I know what I'll be doing on election day....
Staying at home and dressing like a clown.
edit on 13-10-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Biden was so disgraceful I even give Obama a better grade.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by reeferman

Biden was so disgraceful I even give Obama a better grade.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

yah yah I've already seen that silly pic.

Look Biden is a snake in the grass lying fork tongued serpent fibbing for his master and for the Party. Oh and by the way, he says he wrote the Patriot Act. Well, it was the Omnibus Couterterrorism Act, but Joe claims it is the basis for the Patriot Act. I thought you should know just in case you thought it was all Bush's fault.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by HostileApostle

I didn't see the CBS poll.

But in the long run, concerning my thoughts.

Meh...I don't really care who won this debate. They're both cheerleaders at this stage in the game. I don't think that anybody's view or position was changed prior, during or after this debate.

I was disappointed in Joe though. As Gaffetastic as he is...he did have his game on. I don't think I even laughed or rolled my eyes the entire debate. I guess the coaching worked.

What's up with that?

You were disappointed in Biden because he had his game on, huh? Sounds like you're quite biased then. And if don't really care who won the debate, how come you are reading this thread, let alone posting to it multiple times?
edit on 17-10-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

No...I was disappointed that he didn't have a funny gaffe, something he is known for. He ranks right up there with Bush in the gaffe arena.

Actually I think he should have his game on as VP at all times.

The debate was pretty much a snoozer for me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join