It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Dems are excited about Biden's debate.performance.. why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

I didn't see the CBS poll.

But in the long run, concerning my thoughts.

Meh...I don't really care who won this debate. They're both cheerleaders at this stage in the game. I don't think that anybody's view or position was changed prior, during or after this debate.

I was disappointed in Joe though. As Gaffetastic as he is...he did have his game on. I don't think I even laughed or rolled my eyes the entire debate. I guess the coaching worked.

What's up with that?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Originally posted by LeSigh

Originally posted by spyder550
Obama is passive Biden is aggressive. How come republicans act like Goldilocks all the time. The Smiling and interrupting is the only way to get into the flack field of lies and half truths.

The problem here is, the interrupting violated the debate format they both agreed to before the debate occurred. Joe Biden really did turn the whole debate into a bunch of malarkey. But, it's Biden. It is to be expected.

abcnews.go.com...

Then Ryan is weak for allowing it to happen.

The Romney campaign is weak for now crying about it and crying about Biden being mean to Ryan.

Seriously, these guys want to deal with world leaders, but they can't handle Joe Biden?

What was Ryan supposed to say? STFU.

Yea, that would go over well.

Biden went on the offensive as he should...but was offensive as well with his interruptions and attitude.

Maybe Ryan should have done the same as well.

But as I said before. This debate was fluff. Nothing more.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Why?

Because we didn't know he had it in him, that's all. Or maybe suspected and were delighted to see Joe come out swinging. I don't know. It doesn't matter.

Why was everyone happy with Romney when he was rude and talked over the top of Obama during the first debate? It is just entertainment.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

No I am referring to U.S. Rep. Scott DesJarlais, R-Tenn, who is staunchly anti-abortion except when it comes to women he had affairs with out of wedlock. Yeah I know he "claimed' the woman wasn't pregnant, but he didn't know that when he told her to have an abortion.

That also seems to be a republican thing, with the exception of Clinton, most scandals involving infidelity come from the right side of the aisle - whether it's with another woman while your wife is dying of cancer, or in an airport restroom with a man or maybe the congressman that was diddling with male pages - it's usually republicans caught with their pants down. So let's do the math democrat cheats on his wife=impeachment, republican cheats="he was going through a rough spot and we need to forgive him."

Careful your hypocrisy is showing.
edit on 12-10-2012 by DarkKnight76 because: edits

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

reply to post by gncnew

Because he didn't allow Ryan to lie and get away with it.

He called him on all his lies, he exposed him for secretly supporting the Stimulus, he exposed him for his actions in Congress that have blocked the recovery, he exposed him for holding the middle class hostage in order to get a tax break for the rich, he exposed him for signing a pledge to Grover Norquist instead of working for the people, he exposed him wanting to go to war with Iran, and he exposed him for calling 30% and his boss calling 47% of the American public leeches.

The fact that he made Ryan look like an inexperienced child was just the icing on the cake.

How did he expose anything? He just interrupted him all the time. Saying "Lie!" or "That's Malarkie" isn't exactly exposing him.

Bottom line, the base (i.e. you) got excited to see your "team" fight... but nobody else got anything substantive out of it. Biden didn't make a single point other than "Ryan and Romney are bad"...

Please tell me how this coincides with the "Forward" campaign message?

I mean, did you think Ryan was earnest and you agreed with him UNTIL this debate? All Biden did was fire up people that already have their mind made up.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Obama is passive Biden is aggressive. How come republicans act like Goldilocks all the time. The Smiling and interrupting is the only way to get into the flack field of lies and half truths.

The problem here is, the interrupting violated the debate format they both agreed to before the debate occurred. Joe Biden really did turn the whole debate into a bunch of malarkey. But, it's Biden. It is to be expected.

abcnews.go.com...

The Romney campaign is weak for now crying about it and crying about Biden being mean to Ryan.

Seriously, these guys want to deal with world leaders, but they can't handle Joe Biden?

Ryan is weak for following the rules of a debate? What kind of dystopia do you live in?

Wow, what a winner of a human being you aren't.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Obama is passive? What are you even talking about?

The way to stop lies and half truths is to tell your side when you're given the opportunity. The problem was Biden couldn't let Ryan do that because it would just make too much damn sense.

I can promise you that their strategy was to go in and make sure that when Ryan spoke, Biden would break it up and to make it harder to understand. This was because Romney was so effective at communicating information the first time, and if you had to ask Biden to put his ideas up against Ryan's - it probably would have been really kind of sad.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Biden was fact-checking and correcting Ryan in real-time and at every incorrect statement made by Ryan. Biden was on his marks and owned Ryan in that debate

Ryan dodged answers and just flat-out beat around the bush without giving direct responses. Not to mention Ryan's obvious pre-programmed responses.

So that's what a debate is for? I thought it was to argue philosophies and ideas... I didn't know that was Biden's job.

Man, if he could do it that well, why can't he fact check himself real time?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
Typical. Were you saying the same thing about Romney last week? I am sure it was OK for him to interrupt and be rude, though, right?

This is the reason I can't and won't vote for a republican candidate. I am sick of their do as I say not as I do attitude. Do you really think the ingratiates them with voters? I mean you don't see democrats running around screaming about how abortion is murder, the quietly teling their mistress to go get one.

So you wont vote for a Republican because a poster on a message board said something you dont like... very mature and open minded.

And no, Romney didn't interrupt the President, he did run rough-shod over the moderator, but not the President.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I think Dems are mostly excited because it wasn't another landslide defeat for them. As for as both tickets goes Ryan definitely adds votes and Biden is just along for the ride.

Hmm, didn't think of it that way - you're probably very right.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
I think Biden was giving the them the same remedy Romney gave Obama. lol

Next Debate would fun to watch.

Its time Democrats grow balls level the playing of their opponents instead of being too nice.

Curious, when have they been too nice? When they called Romney a murderer (et al "my wife died because of him)? Or maybe when they say that Republicans hate women and minorities?

Come on, being an ass, and being firm are two different things. Biden was an ass - he had nothing of substance to put out there - really shame on Ryan for not asking Biden what his plan was since he was so certain that Romney's wouldn't work.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

reply to post by TDawgRex

With the exception of MSNBC, polls say that Ryan won the debate.

The only poll that said Ryan "won" was CNN's and it was within the margin of error so they called it a tie. That is the only poll Ryan supporters are using.

MSNBC and CBS polls showed Biden clearly won.

The talking heads today reveal who won, the left wing shows are excited and energetic. The right wing shows are grumpy and bitter.

I agree with this assessment... but I guess the real question is WHAT did Biden win? In the first debate - Romney won the argument over who's philosophies and ideas looked stronger and more suited to move America in the right direction.

Last night Biden won the "I called you out man!" fight? But he didn't put forth any ideas that people can get behind... kind of a false victory if you ask me.

In the coming days - will undecideds really look to this debate and say "You know, Biden made a really good point there, I think I'm going to vote for their ticket"....

probably not.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

What would you have Ryan do? Disrespect the Vice President of the United States?

Naw man, that just plays into the Obama ticket hand's. I promise Joe was HOPING Ryan would act out.. they could paint him as the "villain" they want him to be.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

If you read my further reply, it had nothing to do with a poster. It was just one example of the blatant hypocrisy in the "Do as I say, Not as I do" Party. That's why I won't vote for them, because as much as I hate to hold my nose and vote for democrats, it is physically impossible for me to get my head far enough up ma a$$ to vote for republicans.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
reply to post by gncnew

Why?

Because we didn't know he had it in him, that's all. Or maybe suspected and were delighted to see Joe come out swinging. I don't know. It doesn't matter.

Why was everyone happy with Romney when he was rude and talked over the top of Obama during the first debate? It is just entertainment.

I didnt see that in the debate, I saw Romney talk over the moderator, but not the President.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
reply to post by gncnew

If you read my further reply, it had nothing to do with a poster. It was just one example of the blatant hypocrisy in the "Do as I say, Not as I do" Party. That's why I won't vote for them, because as much as I hate to hold my nose and vote for democrats, it is physically impossible for me to get my head far enough up ma a$$ to vote for republicans.

Honestly, I just don't believe you. I think you say things like "because as much as I hate to hold my nose and vote for democrats" to make it sound legit that you'd base your excuse for voting one party or the other on "hypocrisy"...

Boy, if you've somehow found the sincere Democratic party - let me know.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Right, because you're mature and open minded?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I don't care what you believe. You don't know me. If you are looking to pick a fight, which you clearly are by the amount of posts, you found one.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

The only logic here was that Biden gave a showing which spoke directly to (and only to) the Democrat core voters, which were fairly morose following last week's Obama "I'm sorry ma'am, this hasn't ever happened to me before" performance. This was a desperate attempt at damage control, but ultimately does nothing to woo anyone over to the Obama side who wasn't already there before the debate.

I do not like Joe Biden as a politician, but the dude did a great Dr. Evil impression last night. Remember the scene in Austin Powers where Dr. Evil interrupts Scott incessantly? That was Biden last night, rude, entertaining, and childish... yet completely unprofessional and unelectable. If America wanted a worthless, rude, bumbling putz in office, Rick Perry would have won the GOP nomination. They didn't and he didn't and for the life of me I can't understand why Obama and Biden believe he had a strategy that was worth following.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Biden came off like the Joker at the end of the Batman movie.
Remember when the Joker was on TV and on the Float with the statement "Who ya gona trust?? ME? I'm giving away free money"
The more and more I think about it, he must have been practicing lines from the movie, instead of gearing up for a debate.

Biden came off as the Hysterical Lunatic just freed from the nut house.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join