It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Dems are excited about Biden's debate.performance.. why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Because he was confrontational and disrespectful? Because he interupted Ryan on a regular basis? Because he was dismissive and condesending?

What exactly is the logic here?

Dems are excited that their 2nd in command could be a jerk to his counterpart? I'm just confused - is it because you felt the Commander in Chief looked so weak and took a beating the last time that you needed to see someone on your side be an ass and make you feel tough again?

I ask you ONLY to reflect the on the "other foot". Had Ryan come in and interrupted Biden, had he laughed and dismissed him, had really gone for the jugular on things like security leaks and Joe's inexplicable tendency to put his foot in his mouth?

Had he instead treated Joe like the senile old man he often acts... would you be ok with that? Would you be remolding that Joe got his butt kicked, or would you be incensed at the disrespect shown?

Romney simply owned the first debate. He didn't do that by insulting or talking down to the President, he did that because he had a command of the issues that Obama seemed to lack.

So the Dem response is to act like a jackass and bluster and interrupt....

When Biden is your champion - there is something deeply wrong. He failed to explain - even once - what Obama's plan was moving forward and instead spent the ENTIRE debate trying to poke holes in Ryan.

It was sad, and useless. I can only wonder how the left is happy with this and feels this was a win.

In Obama's words from 2008:

And that's to be expected, because if you don't have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare voters.

Tell me folks, what did Biden do last night? Pretty sure there were no ideas he explained... in fact, his "memorable" quote was looking into the camera and saying "Who are you going to trust... Me or Him?"

Fear mongering is all they have left.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I believe I read Biden interrupted Ryan 82 times. The debate moderator definitely should have intervened, but we all know where her allegiance lies.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
In light of Obama's passive performance they no doubt told Joe to be more aggressive. Joe apparently took that as "laugh like a psycho at everything and stoop to third grade intimidation tactics."

The choir being happy about it just goes to show how close this country is to civil war.

Both sides get way too happy when anger and hate build.

Which is just one reason I choose not to play this game of idiot chess.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

I ask you ONLY to reflect the on the "other foot". Had Ryan come in and interrupted Biden, had he laughed and dismissed him, had really gone for the jugular on things like security leaks and Joe's inexplicable tendency to put his foot in his mouth?

Had he instead treated Joe like the senile old man he often acts... would you be ok with that? Would you be remolding that Joe got his butt kicked, or would you be incensed at the disrespect shown?

If something completely different happened, I'm sure people would feel different.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Because he didn't allow Ryan to lie and get away with it.

He called him on all his lies, he exposed him for secretly supporting the Stimulus, he exposed him for his actions in Congress that have blocked the recovery, he exposed him for holding the middle class hostage in order to get a tax break for the rich, he exposed him for signing a pledge to Grover Norquist instead of working for the people, he exposed him wanting to go to war with Iran, and he exposed him for calling 30% and his boss calling 47% of the American public leeches.

The fact that he made Ryan look like an inexperienced child was just the icing on the cake.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Obama is passive Biden is aggressive. How come republicans act like Goldilocks all the time. The Smiling and interrupting is the only way to get into the flack field of lies and half truths.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Biden was fact-checking and correcting Ryan in real-time and at every incorrect statement made by Ryan. Biden was on his marks and owned Ryan in that debate

Ryan dodged answers and just flat-out beat around the bush without giving direct responses. Not to mention Ryan's obvious pre-programmed responses.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Typical. Were you saying the same thing about Romney last week? I am sure it was OK for him to interrupt and be rude, though, right?

This is the reason I can't and won't vote for a republican candidate. I am sick of their do as I say not as I do attitude. Do you really think the ingratiates them with voters? I mean you don't see democrats running around screaming about how abortion is murder, the quietly teling their mistress to go get one.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think Dems are mostly excited because it wasn't another landslide defeat for them. As for as both tickets goes Ryan definitely adds votes and Biden is just along for the ride.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
Because he didn't allow Ryan to lie and get away with it.

Oh please ... Biden lied his butt off.

The dems are excited about Bidens debate peformance because Biden was rude and obnoxious ... and because it seems obvious by some of the posters here this morning that they don't care about facts or truth but are much more interested in having someone who acts like a drunk'n clown in office as long as that precious (D) is after their name.

BIG WHOPPER BY BIDEN -

(paraphrase) - Biden whines that 'intelligence' didn't tell the white house that libya needed more security. 'it isn't our fault' crys Biden as he throws 'intelligence' under the bus.

(paraphrase) - moments later Biden tells everyone to 'stay calm' about Iran, that they dont' have nuclear weapons, and if they did have them 'intelligence' would tell us and we should all trust 'intelligence' and the white house.

Unfreak'n believable. Biden blames bad intelligence for the White House errors in reference to Libya, but then turns around and says we should all trust intelligence and the white house when it comes to Iran. And the left is eating this crap up all because they dig the fact that Biden was a buffoon on stage. It's surreal.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I thought she asked some good questions but she was not bold enough to say to both of them at the appropriate time to shut up or stay on topic....she let them both ramble at times...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I think Dems are mostly excited because it wasn't another landslide defeat for them. As for as both tickets goes Ryan definitely adds votes and Biden is just along for the ride.

With the exception of MSNBC, polls say that Ryan won the debate.

Myself? I wasn't really impressed by either but will admit that Biden annoyed me more often than Ryan did.

But let's face it. The VP debate is like a debate between cheerleaders. It is their job to stump for their boss.

I look forward to the next two Presidential debates though. I hate to admit it, but I am still a fence sitter this election, though I lean towards Gary Johnson. He's not really my guy either, but I like him better than the two front runners.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

Who's running around screaming..they state their position on abortion...if you are referring to the protestors at abortion clinics I'm sure I can drum up some people yelling and screaming about something that may seem just as frustrating to some that are democrats...you have sipped the cool-aid and you've picked your side..like most people who pick a side you will defend your side regardless of the circumstances...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think Biden was giving the them the same remedy Romney gave Obama. lol

Next Debate would fun to watch.

Its time Democrats grow balls level the playing of their opponents instead of being too nice.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

With the exception of MSNBC, polls say that Ryan won the debate.

The only poll that said Ryan "won" was CNN's and it was within the margin of error so they called it a tie. That is the only poll Ryan supporters are using.

MSNBC and CBS polls showed Biden clearly won.

The talking heads today reveal who won, the left wing shows are excited and energetic. The right wing shows are grumpy and bitter.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Obama is passive Biden is aggressive. How come republicans act like Goldilocks all the time. The Smiling and interrupting is the only way to get into the flack field of lies and half truths.

The problem here is, the interrupting violated the debate format they both agreed to before the debate occurred. Joe Biden really did turn the whole debate into a bunch of malarkey. But, it's Biden. It is to be expected.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh

The problem here is, the interrupting violated the debate format they both agreed to before the debate occurred. Joe Biden really did turn the whole debate into a bunch of malarkey. But, it's Biden. It is to be expected.

abcnews.go.com...

Then Ryan is weak for allowing it to happen.

The Romney campaign is weak for now crying about it and crying about Biden being mean to Ryan.

Seriously, these guys want to deal with world leaders, but they can't handle Joe Biden?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

I just flipped it on Fox for an hour, they are in no way grumpy or bitter, as far as I can tell.

Honestly I don't watch any cable news so maybe they are being grumpy and bitter when compared to their normal behavior, but I wouldn't know. They just seem to be pointing out a lot how Bidden was a douche, I can't disagree, as I thought he was a douche last night when I watched the debate.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Originally posted by LeSigh

abcnews.go.com...

Then Ryan is weak for allowing it to happen.

The Romney campaign is weak for now crying about it and crying about Biden being mean to Ryan.

Seriously, these guys want to deal with world leaders, but they can't handle Joe Biden?

What's sad is that people apparently want that type of thing. I suppose it goes along nicely with the 'reality television' cattiness and the MSM as news spinners and commentators instead of just being reporters. This just proves to me that these debates are way more about the entertainment factor for ratings than real issues.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
I just flipped it on Fox for an hour, they are in no way grumpy or bitter, as far as I can tell..

I went to FOX, CNN and MSNBC. Fox isnt' 'bitter' or 'grumpy'. That's absurd.
They are actually having a field day with Biden's bad attitude.
MSNBC are all in la-la land, pretending Biden won when in fact it was pretty tied up.
CNN is actually doing fact checking and doing a good job ... like this gem they just talked about -

Another Biden lie told last night (one of many) ... He claimed that Romney wanted to 'let Detroit go bankrupt'. The TRUTH is that Romney called for a controlled bankruptcy process for Detroit so the industry could restructure and come back. Obama agreed with the Romney plan and even implemented it. It worked. Obama and Romney had the same plan for Detroit. Biden lied.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join