It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Election Results Cause Mass Riots in US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sorry but I just can't take anyone seriously that types or says words such as "wit", "dat", "bit", or any of their other gangster slang..

My guess is that these people just want to riot and loot and they happen to find, in some twisted sort of way, this to be a justifiable excuse. Maybe they will riot and hopefully they get what they deserve.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Irony in my post? None at all. I do find it ironic that you only addressed one part of my post and couldn't dispute the rest. However, your allowed your opinion.

There won't be any riots. If people were going to riot, they should have done it long ago to protest against that farce of a government. It's an obvious duopoly, but no one cares. They keep feeding the beast with votes, so it perpetuates.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

Hmmm
Someone is feeling

What about your points ?
Most of your post was an attack on someone !
Then you simply said is there will be no riot because it'll get looked down on

Well .......wow ........lots of insight there dude
And as I said ...I'm not in the US.
Infact I'm not even an American, however what you little 5% of earths population and 5% of landmass do massively affects the other 95% of us, so I keep a watchful eye on what you get up too

But with regards to you HUGE point ......I'm not so sure.....this seems to have you guys pretty divided
And evidently pretty angry.......looks like some just needs to light the fuse ........in fact it been lit ....what is it ? 3 weeks ?.....a long fuse, lots of time to add to the eventual explosion
And hell look in the mirror dude !

Makes one wonder about all the ammo purchases by your gov

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

You assume way too much. My posts show no anger whatsoever. I didn't attack anyone-simply called a duck a duck.

You also assume that I'm in America....wrong again.

I am an American, but now live abroad.

Check the search button and you will see how public relation companies were paid to cast OWS in a negative light. Guess what, it worked! Everyone here that had something negative to say about it all spoke, verbatim, the same talking points off of TV.

Not to mention the threads about how paid trouble-makers were employed to achieve the same goal and make the protesters seem like a bunch of whiney hippies.

But I digress... I said it before and I will say it again, there will be no riots. As another poster already pointed out, they are different sides of the same coin. Were there riots when Ron Paul was forced out of the race? Not one.

Paul's supporters today, are a lot more passionate than Obama's supporters.

Maybe your view of Americans see us as a bunch of thugs waiting for the opportunity to steal a TV, but I am here to tell you the majority is are just trying to feed thier families and enjoy life...just like you, lil buddy.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Americans are pretty much conditioned to look down on any group that stands up against the machine. Look at how many so-called enlightened ATS members voiced contempt for the OWS movement, which was basically against corruption and greed.

Truer words never spoken

Paul's supporters today, are a lot more passionate than Obama's supporters.

Not all of them. Generalizing can be a dangerous thing, and just because RP supporters are passionate doesn't mean that the few very passionate Obama supporters won't riot. There are major differences in the mind think behind the type of supporters here.
-----------------------

Don't be hatin'~I'm just sayin'

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The results of an election are not going to cause a riot. These guys are just doing internet chest thumping. What WILL cause riots is when whoever is elected finally tanks the economy

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
We won't riot, we've been fed too much GMO, HFCS, Fluoride, etc. to give a flying F.

Well, maybe some of us will, but I doubt it will be over who won. Unless of course we all have an awakening and decide to get up and act upon what our soul feels.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Dude,
I agree with everything you say
Except the chances of riots

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi
I could see it happening. If they can riot over a cop beating someone, what will happen when/if their candidate gets voted out is beyond me. I just hope no matter which way it goes I hope it passes with little fuss,

But on the other hand I could see this as an excuse to get a free TV or to burn something to the ground.
edit on 12-10-2012 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

You showed your true colors with your veiled racist remarks.

Next you'll accuse me of 'pulling the race care', which is what today's racist do.

I actually respect past racists more so than today's racist, because back then they could at least own up to it. Today's racists are cowards who accuse YOU of being what they really are.

Back to the OP: There will not be any riots. Americans are pretty much conditioned to look down on any group that stands up against the machine. Look at how many so-called enlightened ATS members voiced contempt for the OWS movement, which was basically against corruption and greed.

Propaganda is stronger than ever.

So ok did I say anything about race? Was it the part about a cop beating a guy that could be white. Or the looting Iv seen white people loot to. So i dont care what card you pull. If some one loots because their "guy" gets showed the door. It dosent matter what "color" they are they are still "looters" My lord if I wasnt a left winger I would call you a wing nut but that wont do the ones in the left that can think and act on their own any justice. So if you call me a racist thats fine no problem here, you dont know me and I dont know you. Because at the end of the day I regret putting this pampas ass in the white house and that will be my burden. So I think you need to do something with that "race card" other than use it as a shield for a worthless and useless POTUS.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
No riots. Riots typically involve people loitering about, getting agitated, waiting for something to happen. Then somebody throws a bottle or something and it snowballs.

I don't really foresee people hanging around angry about voting.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
at this point, about the only riots i'd be expecting will be at or near the voting polls.

harboring contempt and an awful lot of pent up anger while waiting to cast a vote can be a touchy, offensive endeavor ... and there is always shark waiting/watching on the sidelines.
be wary, be well.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

Yes. Absolutely. If obama loses there will be massive riots everywhere. It is obvious as the second sun.

CJ

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I really doubt it. I expect typical grumbling and moaning from one side or the other, depending on who wins and that's about it.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
Sorry but I just can't take anyone seriously that types or says words such as "wit", "dat", "bit", or any of their other gangster slang..

My guess is that these people just want to riot and loot and they happen to find, in some twisted sort of way, this to be a justifiable excuse. Maybe they will riot and hopefully they get what they deserve.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

Spot on. Agree whole heartedly. I like the last line the best.

CJ

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If Obama loses, I see fights, riots, crying, breaking stuff, spray-painting hate, vandalism.

But only on the set of MSNBC.

Everywhere else?

Nope.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
How quickly we've forgotten. SHAME ON US! BTW: where is G. Dubya and Co.? Let's focus on the real culprits behind the mess we're in, and not their scapegoat!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

Enough people are emotionally involved, that IF the election looked stolen...then its possible. It would really have to look stolen...like...It would have to be like that Green Bay Packer vs Seahawks missed call in the endzone to get people going

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
How quickly we've forgotten. SHAME ON US! BTW: where is G. Dubya and Co.? Let's focus on the real culprits behind the mess we're in, and not their scapegoat!
LMAO! Did I miss read your statement or did you basically just say.... It's Bush's fault.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have to admit to thinking if Romney wins it will indeed cause riots, get out of the cities Nov 4.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
people claim that in every election.

i recall the obama/cain southpark episode about just such a thing.
then everyone wakes up the next morning like nothing happened, and all feel stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join