It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Election Results Cause Mass Riots in US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I found this article on the economic collapse blog, found it very interesting and to be honest ive had this same thought a lot myself, it just seems to be as clear as glass to me that if and when Romney wins, the cities will burn and i predict that this will become a normal thing happening all the time for months and years to come. The montra will be we were robbed, they stole it from Barak, and whos they, who do you think.

The election is nearly four weeks away, and many Obama supporters are already threatening to riot if Obama loses. The following are some very disturbing messages that were posted on Twitter recently that have been reposted on Twitchy.com....

"If Romney wins I'm Starting a Riot....Who's WIT ME???"

"I Hope The USA Is Well Aware That If In The Event This Character Romney Wins The Election, The People Will Start A Country Wide Riot! #Power"

"If Romney is elected president, its gon be a riot its gon be a riot."

"If ROMNEY GETS IN THE WHITE HOUSE ...U MIGHT AS WELL KILL ME NOW .....CAUSE ITS GONNA BE A ************ RIOT !!!"

"If Romney became President and took away welfare Downtown Cincinnati would become a riot"

"If Romney takes away food stamps 2 Chainzz in this bit IMMA START A RIOT"

"If Romney wins. (which i highly doubt) THERE WILL BE A RIOT—"

The following are a few more tweets that I found which threaten a potential riot if Obama loses the election....

From @joecools_world....

"Need 2 come up wit a game plan if Romney win.... Riot all thru Newark"

From @killacate....

"I swear on everything I love if Romney wins ima riot. I don't even care if its just me."

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Only those naive enough to think the President isn't a puppet.

Those people might be stupid enough to riot.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The only way riots will occur is if Romney wins. That should tell you all you need to know about the mindset of Obama supporters.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think if either establishment party candidate wins, we should riot.

Either way, the country is getting the shaft.

I really wish more people in this country had the kind of fire to go out and tear stuff up like in other countries.Maybe then, our politicians would listen to us. I guess all those years of floridating our water have payed off.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Yeah, this might be the truest, most to the point thing we can say. They're both controlled by the same big wealthy business interests.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
The only way riots will occur is if Romney wins. That should tell you all you need to know about the mindset of Obama supporters.
I don't understand why ANYBODY, black, white, or in between, can't grasp the fact that if it wasn't for white people, O wouldn't be POTUS in the first place. I've seen more white people in the trenches for O than anyone else. The mindset of Obama supporters, huh? You really mean the mindset of his BLACK supporters. And for the record, him and Romney both suck.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I could see it happening. If they can riot over a cop beating someone, what will happen when/if their candidate gets voted out is beyond me. I just hope no matter which way it goes I hope it passes with little fuss,

But on the other hand I could see this as an excuse to get a free TV or to burn something to the ground.
edit on 12-10-2012 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

I doubt it but it is an interesting article. As long as the tv and A/C still works, riots won't happen.

Now, if by some weird hypothetical twist of fate, the Muslim Brotherhood or the Taliban won power, then yes, serious riots...........as long as it doesn't clash with American Idol or Dancing with the Stars!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it was Tipper Gore who was quoted over at the far left echo chamber - Democratic Underground - saying that if her husband lost then there would be riots. He lost. There were no riots. I don't know about Obama though. Some of the o-bots are really intense ... more intense then those who liked Gore.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
If you notice the spelling and grammar in many of those posts, it seems to be younger, "gangsta" types or wannabes. If there are riots, it will be them who start it. Taking away welfare and food stamps seems to be a big worry too. I'm all for welfare and food stamps as a helping hand, not a life style.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
If the 2000 election didn't produce riots I can't imagine 2012 causing them.

By the way, in 2000 we didn't have an election it was a SELECTION.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
If you notice the spelling and grammar in many of those posts, it seems to be younger, "gangsta" types or wannabes. If there are riots, it will be them who start it. Taking away welfare and food stamps seems to be a big worry too. I'm all for welfare and food stamps as a helping hand, not a life style.
I totally agree with you there, David. And what the hell do those idiots think they're going to accomplish with riots? All that would be accomplished is burning down, and tearing up their own sh!+, and inviting law enforcement to come in and let loose. It's clear to see that rational thinking is clearly not their forte.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

says the republican whos own party passed voter suppression laws in 31 states, all run by republicans.......
republicans in those states must think that all people are as uninformed and uneducated as some of the people that support them. simple cause and effect....and by the way, since i am a 60 year old white male...i will now have to take steps to defend myself and my family from the backlash, because i will be lumped in with the rest of the racist rednecks and wealthy white elitists

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Definitely not.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

maybe sending good paying jobs off shore, foreclosures, cutbacks in job training, education, hundreds of thousands of layoffs of nurses, police, fireman, teachers also might....just might...figure into it

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

maybe sending good paying jobs off shore, foreclosures, cutbacks in job training, education, hundreds of thousands of layoffs of nurses, police, fireman, teachers also might....just might...figure into it
Valid point, Jimmy.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
anyone willing to riot over the result of a vote that they likely didn't even cast is just plain ... stupid.

with or without riots, i'd bet voter turnout still doesn't top 60%.
maybe, if ppl spent more time acting in their own best interest, rioting would become a fashionable pastime and nothing more.

ETA: anyone willing to repeal the Patriot Act and NDAA deserves your vote, the others are pandering.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi
I could see it happening. If they can riot over a cop beating someone, what will happen when/if their candidate gets voted out is beyond me. I just hope no matter which way it goes I hope it passes with little fuss,

But on the other hand I could see this as an excuse to get a free TV or to burn something to the ground.

You showed your true colors with your veiled racist remarks.

Next you'll accuse me of 'pulling the race care', which is what today's racist do.

I actually respect past racists more so than today's racist, because back then they could at least own up to it. Today's racists are cowards who accuse YOU of being what they really are.

Back to the OP: There will not be any riots. Americans are pretty much conditioned to look down on any group that stands up against the machine. Look at how many so-called enlightened ATS members voiced contempt for the OWS movement, which was basically against corruption and greed.

Propaganda is stronger than ever.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I could see this happening, though I'm scared no matter who wins. The crazy Republicans (by the way, I am one) have gone off their rocker this year. I totally see then rioting, saying the election was stole from them especially now that it's close, and justifying it because Obama is such an awful president if he wins. So, I'm scared either way.

Johnson 2012

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi

Next you'll accuse me of 'pulling the race card', which is what today's racist do.

I actually respect past racists more so than today's racist, because back then they could at least own up to it. Today's racists are cowards who accuse YOU of being what they are

Oh please tell me you se the irony of that post ......but well premeditated defence with the "Next you'll accuse me of 'pulling the race card', which is what today's racist do"

Sheesh you guys really get at each others throat's when it comes to elections !
A little sad really .........seeing as you come to ATS

Now im not in the US, but from what I hear goes on, and from what I know goes on, (my being in the employ of NATO )
I thought there'd be riots if Obama won ?
edit on 12-10-2012 by Neocrusader because: Edit

edit on 12-10-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

edit on 12-10-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join